JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If i was a betting man, i'd say it was taken down for the sake of the LEO's.
they will already have a biased jury regardless of where they go...
so lets ask the moderator ? why was the video taken down ? It is part of the investigation to be sure and it seems a bit dishonest to have taken it down ? is it an attempt to try and hide it from public view or keep it as an unknown event ?

so lets ask the moderator ? why was the video taken down ? It is part of the investigation to be sure and it seems a bit dishonest to have taken it down ? is it an attempt to try and hide it from public view or keep it as an unknown event ?

i thought you meant the video was taken down from the news story on the external site. I wasn't implying anything about the staff on here.

i thought you meant the video was taken down from the news story on the external site. I wasn't implying anything about the staff on here.
I am not implying anything either just asking if it was actually taken down and if so why ? as I could not find it and I looked several times. I suppose it could still be up and for some reason I cannot see it or find it where it once was ? a reasonable question.

Did anyone see the press release by the Idaho State Police and FBI concerning the killing of Jack Yantis?

Me neither. So WTF? Another week goes by and absolutely nothing. Smelling more and more like a cover up to me. I've never been one to go in with the conspiracy theorists and those who constantly bash cops and government in general. But this is starting to get me thinking about how bad it might actually be.

I'm guessing the cops were "no contest" guilty or the rancher swung around and did in fact point the guns at the officers cause he was growing tired of their shyte.
Like I said,I think deals were made for the whole community's benefit.
Kinda makes it look bad to us on the outside,with no news and all

Keep our mouths shut so folks will still visit and spend money instead of just driving by on the 95.Plenty of places out side of that county to buy RE also.
Plus if it did come out that Yantiz was the instigator,would that effect the ranch's sales of beef?
Sometimes sweeping it under the rug could work best for a small community...?

Keep our mouths shut so folks will still visit and spend money instead of just driving by on the 95.Plenty of places out side of that county to buy RE also.
Plus if it did come out that Yantiz was the instigator,would that effect the ranch's sales of beef?
Sometimes sweeping it under the rug could work best for a small community...?
Code for cows get cowed?

Christmas eve and still nothing from the authorities. Week after week goes by and absolutely nothing. Is this really what we expect from an investigation?
Then call em. And call em again. Get involved. Hassle them until they tell you something. Ranting here is probably not going to get you answers. Just saying.
Merry Christmas!

"Whipper snapper"? I didn't know people still talked like that (from that 2011 video).

The cop in question does not sound unreasonable in that video (assuming that the institution of policing is needed, which I don't assume).

If some rancher was shooting his bull, I certainly would not interrupt him. Nor would I have gut shot the animal, that just sounds purely sadistic. The only thing that makes sense to me is that these cops must have had words with Yantis at some earlier point, and the one wanted to screw with him, and things got out of hand.

It's interesting to read the early posts in this thread, people assuming that Yantis must have brought it on himself. I guess a lot of people still believe that old Government Religion. Whenever I hear of a cop shooting somebody, I assume the cop is either a sadist or is enforcing some bullsh*t mala prohibita law and got some resistance and decided to kill the person for getting uppity. That's what happens when cops feel there are no consequences for bad behavior, and the system is rigged for them. None of this is very surprising. People respond to incentives after all.

Christmas eve and still nothing from the authorities. Week after week goes by and absolutely nothing. Is this really what we expect from an investigation?

I honestly don't know why everyone is expecting the authorities to move quickly in this case. It is very common for them to take forever in such investigations. I would not hold my breath if I were you.

Just look at that case of the shooting of Laquan McDonald in Chicago, that has created such a huge controversy recently. He was killed way back in October of 2014, and the video of his shooting was not finally released until earlier this month. That is well over a year later. And then all hell broke out, after the video was shown.

Yeah I guess they try to let folks calm down and maybe forget or move on.Then they bring it up the initial anger has subsided.
Last thing you want is a bunch of red necks starting a demonstration,hahaha

You tell me WHY this cop pointed his dash cam AWAY from the old man's car? Because he didn't want a video of the possible outcome. There's nothing threatening that the old man did.... The cop had a right to hand him a ticket, wish him a nice day and drive away....but apparently the cop's dept. and the mayor/city council realized this pile of garbage with a badge over reacted. Otherwise why would they pay nearly $15 large in a settlement.I respect 98% of cops, it's the 2% scum buckets like this one give the good ones a bad name and because the system protects the bad apples more and more of society questions crap like this. You tell me other than a LE job where a person can abuse an old man who is 80 and no threat and getaway with this? If you think this cop did nothing wrong then you have a twisted set of morals. Remember this LEO was charged and likely fired for poaching/ illegal firearm possession previously reported.

brutus Out

A settlement means diddly squat, especially something as piddly as "$15 large". Sometimes a jurisdiction simply determines it's cheaper to settle than to pay attorneys, etc. to fight it and has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

Yeah I guess they try to let folks calm down and maybe forget or move on.Then they bring it up the initial anger has subsided.
Last thing you want is a bunch of red necks starting a demonstration,hahaha

THE " Cattlemen Matter Movement"? I'd go along with that!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top