JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have IMR Enduron powders, there's a very concerning thread over on accurate shooter.
I will be checking mine after posting this.

enduron21x1fix.jpg

I went and checked all my stock, both reading external temperature with a laser thermometer, and examining the seals of the jugs. There was little variance between the jugs and no seals looked bad.
My 4166 and 7977 were all fine. I need to use those next in loads. My Clays Universal has a yellowish tinge to some of the flakes, and has had that since I bought it -- it hasn't changed in six years.

Sticking with the old, tried and true powders seems to be the way to go. H1000 and H4350 have never given me a hiccup. I have a few lbs of IMR3031 I'm curious about now for grins and giggles

Thanks for posting this @P7M13 ! After reading all 9 pages of the linked thread, pretty scary. I don't have any of the 4166 that some are having issues with, but I do have some other Enduron powder that I'll be checking. I thought it was kind of strange that Hodgdon made all of that line go away quickly and fairly quietly. I could not find any mention of issues on their website (for these powders, anyway).

While looking, I did see that Hodgdon purchased RCBS from Vista Outdoors earlier this month.

I haven't been reloading as long as many here and only ran into one bad pound of powder in a box that was gifted to me. I can't remember what make it was but the powder turned a fuzzy green.
It got poured into a rotting tree stump but I didn't have the balls to touch it off since it was 20 from the house… :eek:

The oldest unopened powder I have was acquired about 4 years ago and don't know the year of manufacture. I still use it for 38/357 loads.

IMG_0081.jpeg

I haven't been reloading as long as many here and only ran into one bad pound of powder in a box that was gifted to me. I can't remember what make it was but the powder turned a fuzzy green.
It got poured into a rotting tree stump but I didn't have the balls to touch it off since it was 20 from the house… :eek:

The oldest unopened powder I have was acquired about 4 years ago and don't know the year of manufacture. I still use it for 38/357 loads.

View attachment 1890493
I have that can with about half lb of 2400 in it. Haven't tried it yet in .357mag though.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top