JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The point of this is not the dead bull. The question we all want answered is why this rancher was shot? Did he threaten the deputies or did they over react because they automatically see anyone not a LEO with a gun an imminent threat? The public has a right to know and all of these sorts of shootings that are hidden from the public should be out in the open investigations. To hide them from the public breeds contempt and mistrust of LE. A call for transparency is Not anti government or anti LE. There are no super secret squirrel practices or tactics that need to be be kept under wraps in this or Finicum's or black lives matter shootings as we have seen over the past couple of years. The truth will either set you free or put you in jail depending on a jury, etc.

Brutus out

Last Edited:
Brutus, I'm sorry to have to tell you this but when dealing with anything GOV there is "NO TRANSPARENCY" and LE is a form of GOV....
There is a Freedom of Information Act law, just ask Hillary. And sheriffs as well as judges can be voted out or recalled. None of the worst public servants these days even have the least bit of honor that even Richard Nixon did....at least he resigned for the good of the office. If people keep pushing the underlying story comes out....

Brutus Out

I think all the guilty parties in most of theses situations are so numerous and wide spread that the truth will never see the light of day. Simply too many people involved at too many levels. The presence of corruption is simply an accepted and foregone conclusion with most government agencies, especially above the local or city level.

As a side note. interesting take on Nixon. I remember being a 17 year old moving irrigation pipe listening to that speech on a transistor radio with 2 other guys that evening. We have a lot who should take his example.

Well well well, look what thread they didn't delete! How is this thread more "firearms/ 2A protection" oriented than the thread that has been shut down?!?

:rolleyes:

Better delete this one too, wouldn't want to start more 'anti government movement' BS on NWFF huh?

20140620-corruption.jpg

I have to admit skipping pages 7 through 18 here, so don't have all the speculation and whatever facts, not sure if anybody confirmed that the dispatcher said on the radio to the police, "Rancher is bringing a rifle to kill the bull" or what; but there is a good lesson here anyway:

Anytime you're going to a scene of pandemonium where there's police there, talk with the police BEFORE bringing a weapon out, and make sure they are OK with it and what you intend to do. "I'm gonna get my 30-06 and put the animal out with it. OK with you (officer 1)? OK with you? (2nd officer)"

Even if dispatch did advise that the owner is coming out with a rifle, maybe not everybody heard it. Some accident scenes are out of control anyway, and with a bull out there charging at people, who knows what the deputies heard or knew?

Regardless of how this incident went and who is to blame, make sure the officers know who you are and what you're intending to do before getting any weapons out.

Last Edited:
^^^^ Might want to go back through some of the other posts. Sheriffs department called him and requested that he come and dispatch the animal. And yes, probably a good idea to let the idiots know that you intend to use the rifle you brought along to do the job. I suspect, and this is purely my opinion, that his words to the LEOs weren't kind ones when he discovered that they had been torturing the animal by repeatedly shooting it in the gut with their handguns.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top