JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd just like to point out, for the benefit of most others here, that bombing your next-door neighbour, or sword attacks on schools, let alone demolishing ten-storey apartment blocks because of a perceived gwaeith at a grocery store, is not common here in UK. Knife restrictions in UK are just about on a par with every country in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, the exception being made for the Sami people of Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, who carry a puuko as part of their way of life. I have a puuko, made by my dear old pal Ron in Springfield OR, but lack reindeer hooves on which to apply it's fearsomely sharp blade.

Lacking handy reindeer hooves in large numbers here in rural Cambridgeshire, we are restricted to having a three-inch non-locking blade, which renders me, and everybody else around who habitually wears a Leatherman/Gerber a law-breaker.
Tac, I don't know the word 'gwaeith'.

Did autocorrect get you?

Tac, I don't know the word 'gwaeith'.

Did autocorrect get you?

Screenshot_20220708-080316_Firefox.jpg

I wish I could feel bad for the former PM but he was once head of the ruling class in Japan who restricted the citizens firearm rights to an extreme level. Sorry the tears aren't dribbling down my cheeks.
Japanese society is a different animal and comparing it to ours would be quite an unbalanced effort. Japan is quite homogeneous as a society, where as we are not. After WW2, they were legally bound to adhere to a general policy of pacifism and I think the world was good with that. The Japanese people in general embraced this as they were quite happy to end their previous policy of imperialism. So for decades after the war the Japanese made great efforts to reach out to the world through peaceful trade. As a homogeneous society, they had quite a strong collective mind and largely embraced peaceful living over warfare.
In these recent modern times though, Abe saw and understood the threats from China and North Korea and worked to build a strong national defense posture. A lot of people in Japan did not like him because he made very conservative, pro-japan defense policies. Japan is quite a different place than the US. I don't hold their gun laws against them considering they emerged peacefully and successfully after WW2. Maybe if China invades them they will be forced to take another look at their general outlook of pacifism and embrace private gun ownership...if it's not too late.

Rydym yn defnyddio llawer o eiriau bratiaith yn Gymraeg, y mwyafrif ohonynt yn deillio o eiriau 'defnydd' eraill fel y'u gelwir. Mae 'Gwaith' yn golygu gwaith, mae hynny'n wir. Yn hirgul i'r gair a ddefnyddiais, fe allech chi ei gyfieithu i'r 'term' Americanaidd 'piece of work' ....

We use many 'slang language' words in Welsh, most of which are derived from other so -called 'use' words. 'Gwaith' means work, that's true. As for the word I used, you could translate it into the 'American term 'Piece of Work' ....

Last Edited:
Rydym yn defnyddio llawer o eiriau bratiaith yn Gymraeg, y mwyafrif ohonynt yn deillio o eiriau 'defnydd' eraill fel y'u gelwir. Mae 'Gwaith' yn golygu gwaith, mae hynny'n wir. Yn hirgul i'r gair a ddefnyddiais, fe allech chi ei gyfieithu i'r 'term' Americanaidd 'piece of work' ....
3F12A95C-4F87-4AEB-8EB6-E7B3941DACFD.png

We use many 'slang language' words in Welsh, most of which are derived from other so -called 'use' words. 'Work' means work, that's true. As for the word I used, you could translate it into the 'American term 'Piece of Work' ....

I'd just like to point out, for the benefit of most others here, that bombing your next-door neighbour, or sword attacks on schools, let alone demolishing ten-storey apartment blocks because of a perceived gwaeith at a grocery store, is not common here in UK. Knife restrictions in UK are just about on a par with every country in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, the exception being made for the Sami people of Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, who carry a puuko as part of their way of life. I have a puuko, made by my dear old pal Ron in Springfield OR, but lack reindeer hooves on which to apply it's fearsomely sharp blade.

Lacking handy reindeer hooves in large numbers here in rural Cambridgeshire, we are restricted to having a three-inch non-locking blade, which renders me, and everybody else around who habitually wears a Leatherman/Gerber a law-breaker.
I too, would like to point out I wasn't suggesting that the UK has any specific problem.
I lived in China, so I can speak on that.

All I know about the UK is that they have knife restrictions, and, through admitted rumors, there are some dangerous places in the UK to be, where knifing is at least a small risk. I have never been to the UK, but I bet it's like the USA.
By in large totally safe, except for a few places that have elevated risks

My wife is an immigrant, her friends and family back home think she's dodging bullets every day. She has to explain to them that is not how it is, and she feels no less safe here than there. Also surprises her friends and family that we partake in firearms ownership. Blows their minds that we would live like that.

I too, would like to point out I wasn't suggesting that the UK has any specific problem.
I lived in China, so I can speak on that.

All I know about the UK is that they have knife restrictions, and, through admitted rumors, there are some dangerous places in the UK to be, where knifing is at least a small risk. I have never been to the UK, but I bet it's like the USA.
By in large totally safe, except for a few places that have elevated risks

My wife is an immigrant, her friends and family back home think she's dodging bullets every day. She has to explain to them that is not how it is, and she feels no less safe here than there. Also surprises her friends and family that we partake in firearms ownership. Blows their minds that we would live like that.
In 2019, in England and Wales - population around 61,000,000, there were 617 homicides.

Meanwhile, in Chicago alone, there have been 317 so far this year.

This should really send a message to the Anti-Gunners who are always using Japan as an example of an anti-gun utopia.

BUT, But, but......how will the "message be received"?

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top