JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just goes to show, if you get complacent on anything and get comfy feeling safe and secure, eventually you slip and someone will take advantage and do this sorta thing. There is not really any stopping someone who is truly determined.
I just saw he died myself. Sad news. Wonder what the reasoning is not that it really matters just curious how full his six pack was. The scary thing is it might have only been one short, or schizo or who knows.

I wish I could feel bad for the former PM but he was once head of the ruling class in Japan who restricted the citizens firearm rights to an extreme level. Sorry the tears aren't dribbling down my cheeks.
Or rather... maintained the status quo of U.S. imposed gun laws in Japan. Unlike the U.S., there have never really been any large movements pushing to repeal gun control laws in Japan. It has been the status quo for so long that there really isn't much focus on changing laws unless there is clear "need" to do so.

The "ruling class" never had any part in instigating those restrictions.

Last Edited:
When I lived in Tokyo - between 2004 and 2011, my Japanese colleagues were astounded to see that when I came back to UK I spent a lot of home leave on a range, shooting real live bullet-shooting bang-guns. They all wanted to know how such a thing was possible.

No gun laws in the world can stop a psycho/criminal from having something like this:

C77DF60C-6560-47D9-BA74-E97F45266D75.jpeg
500331E1-FD69-45B8-AECF-D03E37B34F8A.jpeg

Last Edited:
This sucks. Abe was a great ally, and very aware of the chicom threat.
How Japanese politics play out now will be very interesting.
We really need Japan to stand against China, we're already losing S. Korea.

This reminds me of my experience living in China for 6 years. China was basically 100% gun-free, unless military or special police, especially in the early 2000's (although recent trip back I saw patrol officers and money handlers carrying real firearms)
Back in the 2000's China was under Jiang or Hu, and the media control was far more lax. So, the news would show the shocking amounts of mass murder and homicide. The most common was sword attacks in the train stations and attacks on schools, usually with explosives or poisons. The death tolls were shockingly high, and I developed an anxiety about train stations.
The most recent one happened just a few years ago, some guy was pissed at a grocery store, and bombed it with a homemade bomb, it was so powerful it took out the sidewall of the conjoined apartment complex, causing the 10 story building to collapse. We didn't see much in the news here because we had some other major event that here that stuffed that story.

This is why I truly believe our gun control efforts are misguided. When people want to kill, they will.

Keep a gun out of a 16 year olds hands, you still have a homicidal human who will just find another way at a later date.

And gang bangers see illegal firearm possession as a source of pride and power. The more illegal, the better.

In certain areas of China and the UK they have knife restrictions. Fact.

This sucks. Abe was a great ally, and very aware of the chicom threat.
How Japanese politics play out now will be very interesting.
We really need Japan to stand against China, we're already losing S. Korea.

This reminds me of my experience living in China for 6 years. China was basically 100% gun-free, unless military or special police, especially in the early 2000's (although recent trip back I saw patrol officers and money handlers carrying real firearms)
Back in the 2000's China was under Jiang or Hu, and the media control was far more lax. So, the news would show the shocking amounts of mass murder and homicide. The most common was sword attacks in the train stations and attacks on schools, usually with explosives or poisons. The death tolls were shockingly high, and I developed an anxiety about train stations.
The most recent one happened just a few years ago, some guy was pissed at a grocery store, and bombed it with a homemade bomb, it was so powerful it took out the sidewall of the conjoined apartment complex, causing the 10 story building to collapse. We didn't see much in the news here because we had some other major event that here that stuffed that story.

This is why I truly believe our gun control efforts are misguided. When people want to kill, they will.

Keep a gun out of a 16 year olds hands, you still have a homicidal human who will just find another way at a later date.

And gang bangers see illegal firearm possession as a source of pride and power. The more illegal, the better.

In certain areas of China and the UK they have knife restrictions. Fact.
I'd just like to point out, for the benefit of most others here, that bombing your next-door neighbour, or sword attacks on schools, let alone demolishing ten-storey apartment blocks because of a perceived gwaeith at a grocery store, is not common here in UK. Knife restrictions in UK are just about on a par with every country in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, the exception being made for the Sami people of Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, who carry a puuko as part of their way of life. I have a puuko, made by my dear old pal Ron in Springfield OR, but lack reindeer hooves on which to apply it's fearsomely sharp blade.

Lacking handy reindeer hooves in large numbers here in rural Cambridgeshire, we are restricted to having a three-inch non-locking blade, which renders me, and everybody else around who habitually wears a Leatherman/Gerber a law-breaker.

Or rather... maintained the status quo of U.S. imposed gun laws in Japan. Unlike the U.S., there have never really been any large movements pushing to repeal gun control laws in Japan. It has been the status quo for so long that there really isn't much focus on changing laws unless there is clear "need" to do so.

The "ruling class" never had any part in instigating those restrictions.
They certainly had a hand in maintaining them.

They certainly had a hand in maintaining them.
True. But after 50yrs of treaty imposed laws on the books there wasn't necessarily a big rush to suddenly start redoing them all when it expired. The status quo was so well established and accepted that it really became a "national identity" that isn't largely questioned.

If it ain't broke, why fix it(?)

I'd just like to point out, for the benefit of most others here, that bombing your next-door neighbour, or sword attacks on schools, let alone demolishing ten-storey apartment blocks because of a perceived gwaeith at a grocery store, is not common here in UK. Knife restrictions in UK are just about on a par with every country in the rest of Europe and Scandinavia, the exception being made for the Sami people of Northern Finland, Sweden and Norway, who carry a puuko as part of their way of life. I have a puuko, made by my dear old pal Ron in Springfield OR, but lack reindeer hooves on which to apply it's fearsomely sharp blade.

Lacking handy reindeer hooves in large numbers here in rural Cambridgeshire, we are restricted to having a three-inch non-locking blade, which renders me, and everybody else around who habitually wears a Leatherman/Gerber a law-breaker.
That sucks, everyone should be able to own a switchblade like this, you know, for critical tasks such opening a bag of chips etc. :
08E1CC60-EDC1-42F2-9520-ACA3574B6C6F.png

This one does seem to be just a tad bit excessive though:
3351F951-5F27-45DF-ACF8-15AEC59E2D1C.jpeg

How in the world did someone not see a dude holding onto this monstrosity of a firearm? It's not like it fit in his prison wallet! Even wearing a robe it would have printed. Too complacent? Probably.

Laws have never stopped criminals. Why? Because in order to be classified as a criminal you have to break the law.

Easiest way to explain why things exist is quite simple. Law keeps the honest people honest and should be able to incarcerate the criminals. The problem lies in when the criminals take control of governments and I will leave the rest up to how you want to interpret it.

How in the world did someone not see a dude holding onto this monstrosity of a firearm? It's not like it fit in his prison wallet! Even wearing a robe it would have printed. Too complacent? Probably.
Looks like he had a sling bag in photos. It would fit in that easily. But you are right now did they not check the bag of someone so close?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top