JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bet the weed shops are well supplied and will make a mint.

How sad would that be, to be "toked up" during a very short once in a lifetime occurrence. Reminds me of a friend who took a once in a lifetime expensive vacation to Italy. They stopped in Amsterdam and decided to partake in the local culture by smoking a little. He said it was the worst decision of the trip because they lost a whole day of old Europe due to being foggy and sick. He complained that it wasn't how he remembered it from high school. I wouldn't know, though, myself.

How sad would that be, to be "toked up" during a very short once in a lifetime occurrence.....
Years ago when I had more testosterone than brains, decided I'd try skydiving. After my first jump, one of the neighbors mentioned how cool it would be to do that stoned. Gave him one of those "WTF is wrong with you" stares. The guy made the same comment about scuba diving. I guess some people haven't had the experience of studying hard, understanding scientific principles, and applying them, and then enjoying the adrenaline rush and feeling of accomplishment. I just don't understand working so hard to be able to enjoy a challenge and then ruining it by not being in control of your senses.

It's a good idea to test your eqiptment before the eclipse... the hospitals are going to be crowded and you don't want to be part of the problem... 7982934B-59AF-473C-89DE-D58853A6D17D-278-000000331E768914_tmp.gif

The news has stories about it every day, Payette county has declared a state of emergency, extra fire and law enforcement personnel are being brought in. There isn't a porta potty available to rent for 300 miles. It is all the conversion everywhere here. I drove to Stanley and back yesterday, it was the same there. I hope that you are right but I fear that you are not. We have people coming from California and Washington to the ranch. Will have at least 50 that have confirmed they are coming including a UC professor with a million dollars in telescopes and equipment to film a special for television.

@#$&^()%$+!!!!!:s0106:

Eclipse glasses tested with full sun. Yes I can still see. My sister-in-law can't make it so we are taking her kids with us to the event. Every child under 15 will have an Eclipse buddy that is 16 or over to secure their glasses. I just spent a few days vacationing in Seattle and Portland. Traffic was a complete cluster****! Glad to be off the I-5 for the Eclipse.

I spent part of last night building a filter for my SLR. I bought some filter material a few month back just for this. I got enough to cover some binoculars, my smaller camera (I want to try some video with that one) and maybe even the wife's iPhone. Should be a fun event for those of us that find astronomy interesting.

I spent part of last night building a filter for my SLR. I bought some filter material a few month back just for this. I got enough to cover some binoculars, my smaller camera (I want to try some video with that one) and maybe even the wife's iPhone. Should be a fun event for those of us that find astronomy interesting.

Well good! Would you mind posting what ever pics you'd like to the board? I'll be looking all around at my surroundings, here in the city, to see it get dark in those few minutes. Watching people in their $.08 cent glasses they paid $5.00 for looking at the sun. I could take pics of that huh? I mean pics with time stamps at 10:30 AM and it's dark? Might have some value on the net later don't you think? :D

Well good! Would you mind posting what ever pics you'd like to the board? I'll be looking all around at my surroundings, here in the city, to see it get dark in those few minutes. Watching people in their $.08 cent glasses they paid $5.00 for looking at the sun. I could take pics of that huh? I mean pics with time stamps at 10:30 AM and it's dark? Might have some value on the net later don't you think? :D

If I manage to get something useable, I'll be sure to post it on the forum. I'm doing it more for fun since folks with far better equipment than me will capture some amazing photos and video.

I'm just hoping when it's over, I don't end up like this :rolleyes:

IMG_9125.JPG

So.....How was the eclipse for everyone? Not as crazy here in Weiser as predicted. A few hrs of slow traffic after it was over getting away.........our University of California professor put on a tremendous program....it was more impressive than I remember.

No traffic on the way to John Day Sunday evening. The event was awesome. Traffic was steady on US 395 North with stand still jams at each small town or highway intersection more than doubling our travel time back home.

Traffic at the intersection of US 97 and US 197 was epic on Monday morning. I watched a continuous stream of traffic coming south on 97 beginning at 5:00 AM. There were several hundred people parked at the intersection of the two highways and another couple hundred along the South Junction road.

After the eclipse it cleared out fairly smoothly. There were however hours long traffic snarls in Madras and it also took 1.5 hours to get to Maupin.

E

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads