JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our volunteer fire department just confirmed what we have been hearing about Oregon State Gov plans. They are planning like we are being invaded!......guess i don't blame them.

1. Extran Life Flight helecopters
2. Hospitals fully staffed no vacation time. (My Girlfriends a nurse)
3. State Road crews and accident vehicles strategically placed
4. Have also planned to limit access on some roads and shut some down.
5. We have been given alternate routes if we need to do move ups

Just sit back a wait for the crazy now!!! :)

Oboy. Sorry you asked?

You might check websites of the different cities, police departments and sheriffs to see whether they might be doing the same as Salem.

Salem is permitting overnight in ALL city and neighborhood parks and I believe fairgrounds, etc. There is no charge for staying in parks as they feel that would set expectations for more services than they are capable of delivering. Portapotties are being sourced everywhere.

Any place that requires reservation is probably already full.

I am assuming that people will be anticipating jockeying for location so the mob may show up at least a week early. I know that between the freezer and the garden I will be prepared for two weeks on our own. I am breaking out the bicycles to get around the vehicle traffic I anticipate. Traffic is already a pain for such a small city.

I think it would be short sighted not to assume such a large influx would include some rude folk and to expect some parts of the crowd may be in a party mood.

PM if you think I can help with more information.

Check these folks out and see what their status is now. Scio is near Albany, a nice rural town. As an aside, my preferred holster shop, A.E. Nelson is located there. I'll send a PM to make sure you have the info.

<broken link removed>

Meanwhile, here in Idaho, I'll bet I don't even notice a difference other than the brief darkness. People around here are busy working. Too much free time on your hands, Oregon.

Meanwhile, here in Idaho, I'll bet I don't even notice a difference other than the brief darkness. People around here are busy working. Too much free time on your hands, Oregon.
You are out of the path..........it is going to be insane here in Weiser. You will have a ton of traffic in Marsing with people coming here. I personally wouldn't drive around the block to see it.......but my buddy, the sheriff is still getting calls from people asking about the legality of animal sacrifice and other crazy stuff here in Washington county.

May be right about some added traffic. Honestly, I haven't heard a single local bring up the eclipse. According to the chart we're supposed to get 98.7 coverage.

May be right about some added traffic. Honestly, I haven't heard a single local bring up the eclipse. According to the chart we're supposed to get 98.7 coverage.
The news has stories about it every day, Payette county has declared a state of emergency, extra fire and law enforcement personnel are being brought in. There isn't a porta potty available to rent for 300 miles. It is all the conversion everywhere here. I drove to Stanley and back yesterday, it was the same there. I hope that you are right but I fear that you are not. We have people coming from California and Washington to the ranch. Will have at least 50 that have confirmed they are coming including a UC professor with a million dollars in telescopes and equipment to film a special for television.

Wow! Stack those supplies then.
Biggest thing I'm worried about is fire. I plan to be at home so the traffic isn't an immediate concern.

I was at the John Deere dealer as I headed out of town yesterday, 5 people sitting at the parts counter.....was all the conversation. They are next door to the liquor store. Worried about parking, traffic and security on there yard.

Wow! Stack those supplies then.
Biggest thing I'm worried about is fire. I plan to be at home so the traffic isn't an immediate concern.
Fire is the biggest concern. We are under red flag fire warnings, can't even have a camp stove outside of a campground. The BLM is bringing in an army of LE and fire fighters to try to control the situation. Just pulling off to the side of the road can start a fire. There was an article on KBOI last night about how the roads guys are trying to mow as much as they can next to the highway to help prevent fires.

I did the same around my place last Friday. Luckily I'm bordered by a canal on one side and really green corn field on another. Knocked down 4 acres of pasture grass above the house and felt way more relaxed. Too much smoke around here already.

I was out at our hanger at the airport a few days ago. The manager says he has over 100 airplanes coming in and 6 hot air balloons. He is expecting 1000 people for the party on the ramp.

I bet the weed shops are well supplied and will make a mint.
My Sheriff buddy is getting ready.......emptying the jail as much as he can for new residents. We don't play that game here in Idaho. People still get 10 year prison sentences for possession of a few ounces.

Once in a lifetime event. At least it will be for me. Wouldnt miss it for the world although i think i might take another day off work just in case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top