JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who knew lower receivers in Washington today are as critical as food, water, or energy?

Sounds more like people making stuff up and then going bonkers because they believed their own made up stories. MHO, if you're stupid enough to put yourself into a position where a stripped lower is worth that much to you, you've got bigger problems. It's not gouging, it's laughing at people stupid enough to put themselves into a self made situations.

images.jpeg-184.jpg

I bought a few Anderson lowers for like $29.99 and my FFL charged like $25.00 for the transfer fee, I was able to take them right away after my NICS check came back clear. Some people call the lowers, "Poverty Pony Lowers" but I built the lowers and then ordered some Troy fully assembled uppers. They work and I take them to gun range for plinking, I did swap out the Troy BCG to a BCM BCG and I am keep the Troy BCG as spares.

I bought a few Anderson lowers for like $29.99 and my FFL charged like $25.00 for the transfer fee, I was able to take them right away after my NICS check came back clear. Some people call the lowers, "Poverty Pony Lowers" but I built the lowers and then ordered some Troy fully assembled uppers. They work and I take them to gun range for plinking, I did swap out the Triy BCG to BCM BCG and I am keep the Troy BCG as spares.
From where?

Just POS opportunists looking to cash in.
I don't use the ignore feature often, but I do when I see that kind of BS take place. I'll never do business with someone like that.

I get selling stuff with a slight inflation of price with market/demand/scarcity.. but selling $40 Anderson stripped lowers for $1000+ is sickening. Even in a free market that opportunistic, predatory nonsense is pathetic.

There was a guy this week from brush prairie WA that was selling 8 Anderson stripped lowers for 1000 a pop. The members here tore him a new one till the moderator stepped in to save him.
It's sad the moderator protects trash like this trying to take advantage of people on this site.

It's sad the moderator protects trash like this trying to take advantage of people on this site.
It ain't "protecting trash" its....
Having forum members follow NWFA rules.

As in having a price in your sales ad...it needs one...but NWFA does not have a rule stating what that price must be.
And....
Negative comments on a classified sales ad , is also against forum rules.

As well as commenting on moderator actions over the open forum.

So....
You don't like the rules....talk to Joe....
You don't like a price....don't comment....
You don't like a moderator's action....contact the moderator directly via a PM or Joe Link
Andy

There was a guy this week from brush prairie WA that was selling 8 Anderson stripped lowers for 1000 a pop. The members here tore him a new one till the moderator stepped in to save him.
"Rules" I say feed them to the wolves.

It takes a few seconds to see lowers for sale online for $50 a piece.

Fools and their money have always been easily parted. If someone is foolish enough to pay $1,000 for a lower, let them.

I'd sell several at that rate.

To set the record straight... in my naivete I wasn't even thinking about the pending WA state ban when I posted my question. When it's still perfectly legal to just order one online from out of state... it didn't "register" that someone would have the level of stupidity to try and profiteer on that scale for a set of conditions that doesn't exist. WA's pending law didn't magically shut down the national markets, now did it(?)

I though maybe they might be unique in some way from a previous ban. Like unique and desireable serials/markings... or... like those pre ban auto receivers that can go for $10k or more.

That's all.....o_O

So... don't buy it? Isn't that the argument we always use? "If you don't like guns, don't buy one" so, if you don't like the price, don't buy it seems to be right along the same idea.

So... don't buy it? Isn't that the argument we always use? "If you don't like guns, don't buy one" so, if you don't like the price, don't buy it seems to be right along the same idea.
I suspect most will do exactly that. Those receivers will be available for a long time.

I wasn't even considering that. I was more thinking.... "I wonder if I have one of those special $1.5k's in my stash that might be genuinely worth something".

Ya know? Like looking through your pocket change for one of those rediculously priced rare coins with some oddball stamp or material produced in a certain year... even though a penny spends the same as any other penny. 🤣

I wasn't even considering that. I was more thinking.... "I wonder if I have one of those special $1.5k's in my stash that might be genuinely worth something".

Ya know? Like looking through your pocket change for one of those rediculously priced rare coins with some oddball stamp or material produced in a certain year... even though a penny spends the same as any other penny. 🤣
Still looking for that 1944 steel penny....

As well as commenting on moderator actions over the open forum.

You don't like a moderator's action....contact the moderator directly via a PM
It's sometimes obvious, but I think there should be a rule that a mod has to identify themselves and give reason for their actions. Not that there would be any way to enforce that, but it would at the least, be courteous and show a level of respect for the membership.... and actally allow a person to "contact the moderator directly" to ask what you did wrong.

In my time around here, other than the times the mod posted in the thread what they were doing, only once has a mod identified themself in a PM and provided a reason for their action.

To me, that makes it understandable when a person might question moderator actions within the forum. We often have no idea who did it or why, but of course, that's against the rules, too.

Just sayin.... ✌️

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top