JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what your saying is:

"I hope I will not be charged with the ONE possible infraction to the law."

And

"I hope if I use my firearm to protect myself or family I will not be prosecuted in every way possible in this blue State of Oregon". OR that the family of who I used my firearm ageist no matter how justified it was, I hope they will not pursue aggressive legal action in every way possible and cite every possible infraction of law to help their BS case in this blue State of Oregon. They will. Own that now. Why anyone with assets to protect and carries should have some form of carry insurance for legal support. Hope is not a plan. Two moves ahead is, just like carrying in the first place.
Don't get me wrong... I agree completely that just about anything can be reasonably argued and justified to support willfully giving up your rights and conforming to every single whim and social pressure of any kind... because "you never know" if, what or when "something" might come back to bite you. Fear and social manipulation are powerful motivators for conformity.

Some people choose to live their lives that way... and if that's what brings them happiness... go for it. :s0155:

Respect the fact though that not everyone chooses to live that way... if you agree with it or not... which I also understand can be difficult to accept when looking through the "conformity goggles".

Just sayin.....

Class A Misdemeanor in Oregon = 4yrs revocation of your right to possess a concealed carry license.
AND $6250 fine AND up to 364 days in jail. I don't know what OR does with multiple occurrences of the same misdemeanor in one incident.

Know the negative consequences. Know/estimate the probability of detection, apprehension, prosecution and conviction in your area - because based on what some sheriffs are announcing, those are going to be different in different places.

Decide how much risk you can assume, and act as you see your best interests.

Kindly do not attribute some kind of moral failing to people who evaluate their risk differently from your evaluation of your risk.

Class A Misdemeanor in Oregon = 4yrs revocation of your right to possess a concealed carry license.

Lots of tough talk but if any situation that brings your gun into question and its found 10+ your putting your rights on the line. Make a mistake of any kind why carrying, and you can loose your rights for 4yrs. I agree on the argument of sport shooting on public land is "recreation" and would risk defending that. But most other arguments its a tall risk.
Go ahead and get on your knees, lick those boots. It's your choice to be a coward and give in to tyranny, as it is our choice not to.

Carry on.

Respect the fact though that not everyone chooses to live that way... if you agree with it or not... which I also understand can be difficult to accept when looking through the "conformity goggles".

Just sayin.....

Go ahead and get on your knees, lick those boots. It's your choice to be a coward and give in to tyranny, as it is our choice not to.

Carry on.
@Yarome I get 100% were you are coming from. With this same thinking one would also not bother getting a carry permit as well. Since "Conformity goggles" would be having one, after all it's the same Class A Misdemeanor for an unlicensed concealed weapon in Oregon. If you do have a permit, I hope your "conformity goggles" have been comfortable.

@GrayGoose I guess your dont bother with a carry permit as well, it's the same consequences. However if you do have your carry permit, face it your already on your knees and have been licking those boots all along.

Lots of keyboard warriors, as always on forums, myself included. The main reason I started this post was due to not having seen any citing or discussion of this part of 114. I was always focused on the, permitting process, post sales of 10+ etc. I aggressively campaigned to educate as many as I could reach before the vote., blinded by the main wrongs in it. But discovering this little nugget built into it, wow.

Those that wish to announce how defiant they are anonymously behind pseudonym names, go for it. Just do us all a favor in the future, save the "I am a victim of wrongful prosecution" when your facing the criminal judge and/or the $500k civil suit nit picking each and every action. Walking around with a gun and the attitude of "I hope" it will go my way if it all goes sideways is about the same as carrying a gun and never training, physically and mentally with it. Just "hope" it will all be fine if that day comes.

@Yarome Just sayin...

@Yarome I get 100% were you are coming from. With this same thinking one would also not bother getting a carry permit as well. Since "Conformity goggles" would be having one, after all it's the same Class A Misdemeanor for an unlicensed concealed weapon in Oregon. If you do have a permit, I hope your "conformity goggles" have been comfortable.

@GrayGoose I guess your dont bother with a carry permit as well, it's the same consequences. However if you do have your carry permit, face it your already on your knees and have been licking those boots all along.

Lots of keyboard warriors, as always on forums, myself included. The main reason I started this post was due to not having seen any citing or discussion of this part of 114. I was always focused on the, permitting process, post sales of 10+ etc. I aggressively campaigned to educate as many as I could reach before the vote., blinded by the main wrongs in it. But discovering this little nugget built into it, wow.

Those that wish to announce how defiant they are anonymously behind pseudonym names, go for it. Just do us all a favor in the future, save the "I am a victim of wrongful prosecution" when your facing the criminal judge and/or the $500k civil suit nit picking each and every action. Walking around with a gun and the attitude of "I hope" it will go my way if it all goes sideways is about the same as carrying a gun and never training, physically and mentally with it. Just "hope" it will all be fine if that day comes.

@Yarome Just sayin...
Everyone has a choice.

Carry on.

Not necessarily. CHL's are a long ago infringment that, over the years, has become "normalized" across all states. A defacto "norm".. which is why they are pushing the agenda further in our day. In that sense, conforming to newer infirngments seems more of a choice and to demonstrate willful disobendience in a battle to put down the new unlawful attempt to infringe.

CHL's... that dog won't hunt no more.... ;)

The cycle repeats itself. Get whatever will stick to stick... the public eventually normalizes it, then push again from the newly established norm for even greater infringiments. Done in baby steps makes for less resistance.

As another poster stated... we each choose where our "you shall not pass" line is, and as free men/women, can choose to act according to our own conscience.

Quoting the maximum penalties possible as a fear tactic to get others to believe as you do and comply...... that's a "woke" tactic. Fear and conformity.

"When it comes to Constitutional Rights, however, every citizen must have a breaking point where noncompliance becomes a valid option, otherwise Tyranny has no true check to its spread"

I agree with this. I believe even the smallest infringment is a violation of my rights but I have been living with a bazillion restrictions all my life. Now I have to decide if 10rnds is my breaking point, or will it be 9rnds, 8rnds etc. And what will reaching my breaking look like? Blaze of glory type of stuff or more like sneaking candy into the theater.
I have no doubt you have a breaking point.
And no doubt you will post it here when you reach it!!!!

" (C) While engaging in the legal use of the large-capacity magazine, at a public or private shooting range or shooting gallery
or for recreational activities such as hunting, to the extent permitted under state law; "

I'm not hiking. I'm coyote hunting.

Yeah, I'm not obeying this, and I don't imagine many other people will either. And they can suck my chocolate starfish if they don't like it. I'm not switching out a 15 round mag in my carry gun for a 10 round mag. Utter ridiculousness. I will NOT have my RIGHTS dictated to me by a bunch of teens and snobs in Portland.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top