JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mw 4.jpg

I didn't make the Arbor press, but, I've been working on instrumenting it. For those who reload for rifle, neck tension is an important factor. Here, my endeavor is to learn more about what happens when a bullet is seated. May amount to nothing, still worth trying.

Load cell on the ram, rotary encoder on the shaft, computer on the other end, idiot in the middle; what could possibly go wrong? o_O

Arbor.jpg

What about polymer80 stuff?
I have a big p80 g40 and would like to have my Steiner SBAL-PL laser light combo on it.
Its a pretty rare combo.
Also looking at getting RMR milled sometime.

03251355_58d5f85759928.jpg

A team effort, But was fun.
1967 Miss Bud.
Also the miss Burien and Miss Bardahl and a few others.

These can be seen in the movie "Madison" with Jim Cavezel.
If interested.

View attachment 872171 View attachment 872172 View attachment 872173
Man, those were the days, back before the Turbine Boats and composites, and computer designs, where if it "Looked Right" it probably was, and the art of propeller design and tuning was more like black magic, and teams would try stealing a good prop guy for that extra advantage! Nothing in the world sounds like an Allison V-1710 cranking out over 3500 HP and listening to the prop walking through the chop!
I was there on Lake Washington when the Atlas Vanlines boat crashed , got to see the legendary "Slo-Mo-Shun," run for real, and I was there when the first Turbine boats showed up! Lots of awesome memories! I especially loved the old school pickle fork hydros in the Unlimited Lite classes, the home builts with blown big block car engines, and the 4 banger limited's on the local lakes, we would ALWAYS go to the races here in Or and Wa! There is an Old Oly Sponcered Unlimited lite stashed away here close to me, been trying to catch the owner out and about so I could at least see her again!

Man, those were the days, back before the Turbine Boats and composites, and computer designs, where if it "Looked Right" it probably was, and the art of propeller design and tuning was more like black magic, and teams would try stealing a good prop guy for that extra advantage! Nothing in the world sounds like an Allison V-1710 cranking out over 3500 HP and listening to the prop walking through the chop!
I was there on Lake Washington when the Atlas Vanlines boat crashed , got to see the legendary "Slo-Mo-Shun," run for real, and I was there when the first Turbine boats showed up! Lots of awesome memories! I especially loved the old school pickle fork hydros in the Unlimited Lite classes, the home builts with blown big block car engines, and the 4 banger limited's on the local lakes, we would ALWAYS go to the races here in Or and Wa! There is an Old Oly Sponcered Unlimited lite stashed away here close to me, been trying to catch the owner out and about so I could at least see her again!
Yeah i missed out! I was born in the wrong gen.. :(
I helped build all these when i was little. Back then i was fairly small and squirrelly i could fit inside the sponson WITH the little stiffener bar acrossed it.
Some of the older guys there REALLY appreciated having a fairly skilled (for my age) younger guy to help with wiring and plumbing. Plus it was fun as hell. What kid could resist.

Im told my grandpa used to race some form of lite class, until he flipped his boat one day and apparently that was enough for him (or his wife) to "call it" and he retired onto fishing boats for the rest of his life.

I need to get back into a major money pit like boats or planes. I do love my tech and shade tree "enginerding".

Last Edited:
Yeah i missed out! I was born in the wrong gen.. :(
I helped build all these when i was little. Back then i was fairly small and squirrelly i could find inside the sponson WITH the little stiffener bar acrossed it.
Some of the older guys there REALLY appreciated having a fairly skilled (for my age) younger guy to help with wiring and plumbing. Plus it was fun as hell. What kid could resist.

Im told my grandpa used to race some form of lite class, until he flipped his boat one day and apparently that was enough for him (or his wife) to "call it" and he retired onto fishing boats for the rest of his life.

I need to get back into a major money pit like boats or planes. I do love my tech and shade tree "enginerding".
I was lucky in that I was just a kid in the early 70's, so I got to see all the cool stuff before all the lawyers got involved!
It wasn't always a good experience, back in 1978 or so, I watched a horrible boat crash on foster lake here in the valley, one boat stalled out on the course right in front of us, about 100 yards away, and another boat ran him over as he was climbing out of the seat, took his head and arms off! They stopped having the hydro races there after that, which was the high point of the entire week long event that led up to the races! ALL of the best and coolest boats would be paraded through town during the big parade at the start of the weekend and then the boat party out on the lake while the race boats would test and tune! I gotta see if I can find pictures from then, THOSE boats were the best, the new stuff just doesn't look or feel the same!

What about polymer80 stuff?
I have a big p80 g40 and would like to have my Steiner SBAL-PL laser light combo on it.
Its a pretty rare combo.
Also looking at getting RMR milled sometime.

View attachment 872168
P80 yes, i dont have a mold for that light combo tho

7' pull-up bar. Total material cost $156 ish.

4x4 is buried 36" with a bag of concrete poured around to anchor.

2x4 supports are 24" deep with a bag of concrete poured around to anchor
Also did a slight swivel to the angle of the 2x4 so they all angle outward before entering the ground.

PXL_20210430_231902574.jpg

7' pull-up bar. Total material cost $156 ish.

4x4 is buried 36" with a bag of concrete poured around to anchor.

2x4 supports are 24" deep with a bag of concrete poured around to anchor
Also did a slight swivel to the angle of the 2x4 so they all angle outward before entering the ground.

View attachment 996726
Looks like a solid quality job. Well done!

But don't be surprised to see someone's laundry hanging out to dry! Better make a new rule!

With the camp fire bans going on, I needed to make a propane alternative. So, I stuffed a big propane burner in a 50cal ammo can. It's actually pretty awesome. The grill and regulator fit in the closed can for easy transportation. The burner can switch from an oxidizing flame to a reducing flame; that way it won't get soot all over your food or cooking pot.

IMG_20210804_204400808.jpg

Last Edited:
With the camp fire bans going on, I needed to make propane alternative. So I stuffed a big propane burner in a 50cal ammo can. It's actually pretty awesome. The grill and regulator fit in the closed can for easy transportation. The burner can switch from an oxidizing flame to a reducing flame; that way it won't get soot all over your food or cooking pot.

View attachment 1005295
The Mother of Invention...

With the camp fire bans going on, I needed to make a propane alternative. So, I stuffed a big propane burner in a 50cal ammo can. It's actually pretty awesome. The grill and regulator fit in the closed can for easy transportation. The burner can switch from an oxidizing flame to a reducing flame; that way it won't get soot all over your food or cooking pot.

View attachment 1005295
That's awesome but watch for jurisdictions that have banned propane fire pits as well.

Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottle fuels and propane/liquid-fueled lanterns are allowed, though propane fire pits are not.

Source: https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.feature-article&articleId=285

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top