JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_20201214_125310.jpg

That's my next "project"! Great job on both the forge and the knife.

My problem is; in order to make the knife, I'll have to build a forge, and an anvil type surface to beat on. Neither of those is a problem, and I can scrounge the parts to build them. Then I'll have to build a 2"x72" belt grinder, which will cost some pennies for a motor, a vfd, and wheels. No matter what they show, (or don't show), on TV, the blade will have to be tempered, so I'll have to either build a heat treat oven, or hot-rod a toaster oven. So...I'm suffering "paralysis from analysis" right now. I know I don't "need" all that to make a knife...but I will have it.

That's my next "project"! Great job on both the forge and the knife.

My problem is; in order to make the knife, I'll have to build a forge, and an anvil type surface to beat on. Neither of those is a problem, and I can scrounge the parts to build them. Then I'll have to build a 2"x72" belt grinder, which will cost some pennies for a motor, a vfd, and wheels. No matter what they show, (or don't show), on TV, the blade will have to be tempered, so I'll have to either build a heat treat oven, or hot-rod a toaster oven. So...I'm suffering "paralysis from analysis" right now. I know I don't "need" all that to make a knife...but I will have it.

I started with a lot less than all of that. The better equipment hasn't made me a better maker, it just made me faster.

Brake drum forge, hf 1x30 and sand paper is all you need. I still use my kitchen oven to temper.

Hahaa, yeah I know. I've forged 4 knives over the years, (that I actually finished). One with an old charcoal Hibachi, and blow dryer, one with a home made brush burner torch, and the last two with a rose bud in a vise. Hammered on rail-road rail, or a corner of my welding table. Angle grinder, file, and emery-cloth to finish. None turned out especially well.

My great uncle was a blacksmith in Idaho, and he made all kinds of stuff without any "cool tools". Wish I would've taken more interest back then, I could've learned a LOT! Heck I think he gave all his tools away in the mid to late '80's. I still have some things he built though, so his memory lives on.

My father was chef electrician for the SP&S Railroad here in the NW until he retired in 1969, the year they merged with Burlington Northern. He had their blacksmith shop cut and grind 18" long pieces of track into anvils with a point on one end, and a squared off opposite end.
My two brothers and I all got one, and I think I'm the only one who still has one. It sees a lot of use for me, which is likely why I am the only one who still has one. Every car, or fabrication project I've done was hammered out on that same railroad anvil.

OK, that was damned cool! Nice to see where my kitchen tools were "forged".

Oh, something else in that vid I thought was damned cool... at the 3:29 mark, Led Zep's Physical Graffiti blasting over top of the video's soundtrack.
So awesome... :s0151::s0056::s0091:

OK, that was damned cool! Nice to see where my kitchen tools were "forged".

Oh, something else in that vid I thought was damned cool... at the 3:29 mark, Led Zep's Physical Graffiti blasting over top of the video's soundtrack.
So awesome... :s0151::s0056::s0091:

Thanks. I really wish YouTube let you use real music. All this copyright stuff is crazy.

First draft of 12v backpack sprayer. I went through 3-4 hand pump sprayers over the years and tired of wasting $ on them. This last one the diaphragm pump completely disintegrated.

Only new part I had to buy was the pump which is $20 on Amazon. pump only runs when u r spraying. Sprays about 4 times as far as a hand pump sprayer and no pumping. Worked good on today's first test of spraying the roof for moss.
111DDBDB-3928-44D0-ACD8-B902726B0AEB.jpeg

First draft of 12v backpack sprayer. I went through 3-4 hand pump sprayers over the years and tired of wasting $ on them. This last one the diaphragm pump completely disintegrated.

Only new part I had to buy was the pump which is $20 on Amazon. pump only runs when u r spraying. Sprays about 4 times as far as a hand pump sprayer and no pumping. Worked good on today's first test of spraying the roof for moss.
View attachment 855701
Have you seen the new little quad copter/drones they have now for spreading moss killer on roofs. Kinda neat. Its the perfect use for one of those things.
Nice MacGyver'n though.

Never thought in a million years id ever play with dolls, until my communist commiefornia residing cough "sister" sent us this stupid Anthony fauci doll christmas ornament thing
(As if ANYONE wants to EVER be reminded of this year/era Every Christmas!)
So anyway i decided to own it..
Was thinking about sending it back to her COD but she'd probably freak out and call the cops. You know how these "people" are.

20201228_021106_HDR.jpg 20210201_002206_HDR.jpg 20210202_215223_HDR.jpg 20210311_170306_HDR.jpg 20210311_170313_HDR.jpg

Never thought in a million years id ever play with dolls, until my communist commiefornia residing cough "sister" sent us this stupid Anthony fauci doll christmas ornament thing
(As if ANYONE wants to EVER be reminded of this year/era Every Christmas!)
So anyway i decided to own it..
Was thinking about sending it back to her COD but she'd probably freak out and call the cops. You know how these "people" are.

View attachment 855740 View attachment 855743 View attachment 855744 View attachment 855745 View attachment 855746
My Wife sent RBG (Ginsberg) refridgerator dressup magnets to my Sister and a friend. Just when I thought she was gone forever. I am surrounded by RBG fans. I need a Trump magnet to even it out.

My Wife sent RBG (Ginsberg) refridgerator dressup magnets to my Sister and a friend. Just when I thought she was gone forever. I am surrounded by RBG fans. I need a Trump magnet to even it out.
"Grab 'em by the pussy, They love it!" ;)
I dont hate RBG i simply hate everything she stands for! Lol. All joking asside. I DONT hate her. But i dont think the constitution is open for interpretation. Its written plainly so any idiot (like me) can PLAINLY understand it, Its magnificent in its simplicity. It was meant to be so.
Theres something VERY wrong with "educated" people who overcomplicate life and things in general. Simpler is ALWAYS better!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top