JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's awesome but watch for jurisdictions that have banned propane fire pits as well.

Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottle fuels and propane/liquid-fueled lanterns are allowed, though propane fire pits are not.

Source: https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.feature-article&articleId=285
It sucks because I recently bought a Bond brand firepit from lowes thinking I would be able to use it down at my cabin but no such luck for now.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/mthood/fire

I should be good according to this. Plus, this is a portable camp stove, on steroids ;)
yep based on that you should be in the clear.

That makes this a portable ATM

They had a couple guys doing this in Beaverton in the early 2000s took several in one night, unseen.

Also a few years back there were some guys with BAD timing that took away an atm somewhere, but it was on a weekend following black Friday when the machine was likely empty.

You guys are really talented; waaaaaay more so than me!
But I've been wanting to make this thing for some time now, and I finally got around to it this weekend and finished the damned thing.
So I'm kinda proud of myself for doing it, especially in my current condition, so I thought I'd share some pics of my rough carpentry skilz...

It's a ship's ladder to access my nearly-walk-in crawl space.
I intend to move my SHTF food stores and some other SHTF gear down here, now that it's a helluva lot easier to get in and out of it!
It's about 65F down there, even with it at 98F outside today. So, cooler than I keep my house (72F).

The Plan (which has been sitting around my desk for about 3 years or more).
Yeah, I tend to procrastinate sometimes... :rolleyes:

SL01.jpg

The completed article, ready for installation...
SL02.JPG

SL03.JPG

SL04.JPG

SL05.JPG

Notched (as an afterthought) to fit the trapdoor framing.
You'll see in the next-to-the-last pic why I needed this...
SL06.JPG

All screws are countersunk!
So's I don't rip the flesh off my fingers as I go up and down the ladder...
SL07.JPG

Support blocking under each tread
SL08.JPG

SL09.JPG

I was pleased as punch that I got the thing in the hole plumb and square! :s0140:
SL10.JPG

Anchors away! Or anchored this way... o_O
See that cross member below the clip angle?
That's why I had to notch the stringer.
SL11.JPG

View from the top...
SL12.jpg

Last Edited:
But I've been wanting to make this thing for some time now, and I finally got around to it this weekend and finished the damned thing.
So I'm kinda proud of myself for doing it, especially in my current condition, so I thought I'd share some pics of my rough carpentry skilz...

I intend to move my SHTF food stores and some other SHTF gear down here, now that it's a helluva lot easier to get in and out of it!
It's about 65F down there, even with it at 98F outside today. So, cooler than I keep my house (72F).

The Plan (has been sitting around my desk for about 3 years or more).

View attachment 1012788

View attachment 1012789

View attachment 1012790

View attachment 1012791

View attachment 1012792

View attachment 1012793

View attachment 1012794

View attachment 1012795

View attachment 1012796

I was pleased as punch that I got the thing in the hole plumb and square! :s0140:
View attachment 1012797

View attachment 1012798

View from the top...
View attachment 1012799
Nice damn job you did on that!

The Plan (which has been sitting around my desk for about 3 years or more).

View attachment 1012788

The completed article, ready for installation...
View attachment 1012789

View attachment 1012790

View attachment 1012791

View attachment 1012792

View attachment 1012793

View attachment 1012794

View attachment 1012795

View attachment 1012796

View attachment 1012797

View attachment 1012798

View from the top...
View attachment 1012799
well if nothing else you got that quintessential architect handwriting style down pat!
I swear you drew up any set of plans I ever set eyes on ;)

well if nothing else you got that quintessential architect handwriting style down pat!
I swear you drew up any set of plans I ever set eyes on ;)
Architect? ARCHITECT!!!??? :eek:
I'll have you know, Doctor, that's ENGINEERING lettering there! :s0121:

ETA: Old joke from my university days...

Engineers design everything. Architects just choose the colors.

Last Edited:
It's called drafting and in my day we didn't have computers - all done by hand. Nice job @sobo
Thank you, partsed. We are indeed a vanishing breed and you are a kindred spirit.
Before I embarked upon an engineering curriculum, I was a board draftsman.
I watched with much dismay and trepidation as they rolled out AutoCAD v1 in 1980.
I was working at Fluor E&C in Houston then when they gathered us up from the drafting bay to watch a demonstration.
I saw instantly that this "new thing" would eventually make us obsolete.
I turned to a fellow drafter and muttered, "Looks like we all need to start looking for new jobs..."
Some stayed and learned. Others never learned. I left to run a steel shop's fabrication floor.
I did that for a couple more years before I decided it was time to up my game and get a diploma beyond just high school.
The rest, as they say, is history...

Oh auto chad isn't that bad.. Heck it probably gained a bunch if jobs these days. Granted alot of them might not be in the states anymore. Its them darn fanuc robots I'm worried about..
Have you seen the tesla giga factories? All they need now is to become sentient and were all screwed. Elon's even trying to warn everyone about it.

Thank you, partsed. We are indeed a vanishing breed and you are a kindred spirit.
Before I embarked upon an engineering curriculum, I was a board draftsman.
I watched with much dismay and trepidation as they rolled out AutoCAD v1 in 1980.
I was working at Fluor E&C in Houston then when they gathered us up from the drafting bay to watch a demonstration.
I saw instantly that this "new thing" would eventually make us obsolete.
I turned to a fellow drafter and muttered, "Looks like we all need to start looking for new jobs..."
Some stayed and learned. Others never learned. I left to run a steel shop's fabrication floor.
I did that for a couple more years before I decided it was time to up my game and get a diploma beyond just high school.
The rest, as they say, is history...
Tech boom. When it started a LOT of people chose to not see what was happening and just waited till the day they were no longer needed. Then of course screamed. :s0092:
Smart ones watch the Tech, figure out how to stay up with it and keep themselves in "need". Too many people grew up watching parents work at some job that paid well enough to live well but literally anyone could be trained to do. Soon Tech started to replace a lot of these jobs. Smart people kept up and stay ahead. When I was still in High School Grandfather who I never knew what he did for a living, told me he had been a Machinist. He was trying to get me into it. One of the things he said was "if you go into this trade you will need to never stop learning". Many years later when I did go into the trade, the hard way, I often thought back to what the old guy had said. Young me of course ignored his advice, like so much other good advice I was "too smart" to listen too. :confused:

View attachment 1013664

I made a sculpture for my wife's desk at work since we both have to get the vaccine or lose our jobs and house. (That is not a knife in his other hand, but it is jabby)
At once both humorous and sad, I elected to go with the Sad emoji, cuz I think mandates (and in your case, extortion/blackmail) are total bullsh*t...

You know those gun socks? Way too expensive. So since my brain is so large, instead of just tossing these swank pants, I whipped out the folder and eureka!

20210918_162918.jpg

Might have to staple them or something but I doubt it.. that'd be expensive.

You know those gun socks? Way too expensive. So since my brain is so large, instead of just tossing these swank pants, I whipped out the folder and eureka!

View attachment 1034402

Might have to staple them or something but I doubt it.. that'd be expensive.
The only way I think you could improve on that concept is to have done that with a pair of Levis.
Imagine the unbridled angst that those pant legs would feel being used to protect guns! :eek:

The only way I think you could improve on that concept is to have done that with a pair of Levis.
Imagine the unbridled angst that those pant legs would feel being used to protect guns! :eek:
They're some velvety soft Kirklands I think someone gave me years ago.
That Spyderco parted it like it wasn't there. Stropped it after though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top