JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not 1 in 10 popular
"A Congressional Research Service report estimated that there are between 10,000,000 and 40,000,000 pistol braces and pistol-braced firearms in common use."

From https://www.gunowners.org/time-for-congress-to-crack-down-on-the-atfs-pistol-brace-rule/

Now, I'm trying to find the specific report but it seems to be more likely that is how many have been produced for not just AR pistols, but also as retail items that haven't been attached... now, maybe not 1 in 10 popular but it certainly could be so if you consider 393 million complete firearms estimated, plus however many 80%, lowers, uppers, accessories are available (or were available).

"A Congressional Research Service report estimated that there are between 10,000,000 and 40,000,000 pistol braces and pistol-braced firearms in common use."

From https://www.gunowners.org/time-for-congress-to-crack-down-on-the-atfs-pistol-brace-rule/

Now, I'm trying to find the specific report but it seems to be more likely that is how many have been produced for not just AR pistols, but also as retail items that haven't been attached... now, maybe not 1 in 10 popular but it certainly could be so if you consider 393 million complete firearms estimated, plus however many 80%, lowers, uppers, accessories are available (or were available).
I think 10 mil is probably on the high side

now, maybe not 1 in 10 popular but it certainly could be so if you consider 393 million complete firearms estimated, plus however many 80%, lowers, uppers, accessories are available (or were available).
What 80% lowers...??? o_O

10 million out of 393 million known guns is only 2.5% of guns. Seems low, even if that 393 million is not all braceable firearms (which it ain't)...

If we say that 3/4 of known firearms in the US are pistols, and 1/4 of those pistols are braceable, and 50% of those braceable pistols actually have braces, then that's 37 million braced pistols. That's 10% of all known firearms. Just spitballin' numbers, but that doesn't seem too much out of line... :s0092:

Smokeless powder guns ( 1898) being the break in modern guns vs antiques.
Yes, I knew that, but it didn't occur to me that that's what you were on about until you first mentioned "1898". Then I saw where you were coming from.

10 million out of 393 million known guns is only 2.5% of guns. Seems low, even if that 393 million is not all braceable firearms (which it ain't)...

If we say that 3/4 of known firearms in the US are pistols, and 1/4 of those pistols are braceable, and 50% of those braceable pistols actually have braces, then that's 37 million braced pistols. That's 10% of all known firearms. Just spitballin' numbers, but that doesn't seem too much out of line... :s0092:
I think a good place to start would be the most popular of the firearms that would be likely to have a brace; the AR-15s.

How many of those are out there? Then apply a percentage to those to get a base number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top