JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yes OC spray hurts bad but keep in mind some folk are not affected by it , or if someone is
under the influence of who knows what you may just piss them off , I think the spray is a good
deterrent but in no I would thrust my life to it,
we did training with OC direct eye contact and yes it sucks and it sucks the next day too BUT every one of us could still deploy our weapon and attack our opponent with oc dripping off our face and eyes.
I feel it is good for crowd control or as a get off me type thing but it most likely will not stop a
determined attacker

yes OC spray hurts bad but keep in mind some folk are not affected by it , or if someone is
under the influence of who knows what you may just piss them off , I think the spray is a good
deterrent but in no I would thrust my life to it,
we did training with OC direct eye contact and yes it sucks and it sucks the next day too BUT every one of us could still deploy our weapon and attack our opponent with oc dripping off our face and eyes.
I feel it is good for crowd control or as a get off me type thing but it most likely will not stop a
determined attacker

I think that's mostly true for anything but a firearm (unless you miss or graze them and then your in the same situation).

Knife fighting is a long road of training to be effective but IMO comes in at #2 after guns.

After that would be batons or pens/flashlights but that is even harder to learn and deploy effectively then a knife.

In the end, hand to hand combat training is invaluable and worth persueing - even if your 'hefty' like I am, it will help you lose the weight quickly if your training.

Now that I mentioned that - it been a few years since I actively trained for fighting (a lot of it can be like riding a bike though if you up against an untrained attacker) and should probably brush up some once I'm back on my feet.

Ladies & Gents, always remember:
if you can bite a steak, you can bite a finger off no problem.

If you grab a head and push (not all that hard) into their eyes they will let go fast or loose their sight permanently.

Male testicles are fragile things, kick, hit, grab or squeeze and they will feel it quickly.

Don't be afraid to fight dirty and be gruesome about it - it's you or them...

Ladies & Gents, always remember:
if you can bite a steak, you can bite a finger off no problem.

If you grab a head and push (not all that hard) into their eyes they will let go fast or loose their sight permanently.

Male testicles are fragile things, kick, hit, grab or squeeze and they will feel it quickly.

Don't be afraid to fight dirty and be gruesome about it - it's you or them...
Just to add to that list:
Throat/adam's apple.

Use of animal sprays on humans is against federal law. I would have to dig through my OC instructors manual to quote you the exact federal code.

You can guarantee that the use of animal spray on a human will result in absolutely no support from the manufacturer if you get sued. Safariland keeps samples of each lot so they can testify on behalf of the user that the product was used as intended.

Use of animal sprays on humans is against federal law. I would have to dig through my OC instructors manual to quote you the exact federal code.

I agree. Sadly.

Wierd times we live in for sure. Some lawyer would probably have no problem suing someone for using animal spray while defending themselves from an attempted attack.

...Last I checked, attacking someone was also a crime...

Cold Steel Inferno.

Had to look it up but it's cheap and looks sturdy.:)

image.png

Another thing to consider with pepper spray, or any spray is the expiration date on the canister.
These sprays don't last forever. My Dad finally had occasion to use one of the Mace Muzzle sprays I sent him years ago, on a dog while riding his bicycle, it didn't work, because it was too old. Another note, these sprays are much like a fire extinguisher, you are likely supposed to replace it after each use...

Another thing to consider with pepper spray, or any spray is the expiration date on the canister.
These sprays don't last forever. My Dad finally had occasion to use one of the Mace Muzzle sprays I sent him years ago, on a dog while riding his bicycle, it didn't work, because it was too old. Another note, these sprays are much like a fire extinguisher, you are likely supposed to replace it after each use...

Very good points;).

$15 a year or use is pretty good insurance though - it's making me rethink only carrying a gun and knife on me.

I used to carry some pepper spray on my utility belt, along with my gun, knife,vise grips and cell phone. All that stuff kept my belt pretty full, until one day I was at Costco, in line to get some of that great cheap gas. I was waiting behind several cars, so when my chance came to finally get some gas, someone in the line next to me crossed over, and took cuts right in front of me. Now taking cuts is tops on my list for pissing me off. I promptly got right up in the guy's face and told him just what a pos jer k I thought he was. His comeback was "what are ya gonna do about it?"
Well I grabbed for my gun, I figured I'd blow a big hole in him--Then I realized that was illegal,
so I grabbed for my knife, I guessed I could just as easily cut a big hole in him--Of course, I realized that was illegal as well, so I figured I'd just pepper spray him a good one--Oof, another illegal move, damn it all. By this time the pos jer k had decided I wasn't gonna be able to legally do much of anything, so I tried yelling and screaming, until the Costco gas attendant came by-To
tell me they would hafta throw me off company property if I didn't stop making all that noise. They were relatively unconcerned that the pos jer k had taken cuts in front of me in the first place, so when he was done, I filled up my car and drove home--Then I tossed the pepper spray in the trash and lived happily ever after (give or take)

I used to carry some pepper spray on my utility belt, along with my gun, knife,vise grips and cell phone. All that stuff kept my belt pretty full, until one day I was at Costco, in line to get some of that great cheap gas. I was waiting behind several cars, so when my chance came to finally get some gas, someone in the line next to me crossed over, and took cuts right in front of me. Now taking cuts is tops on my list for pissing me off. I promptly got right up in the guy's face and told him just what a pos jer k I thought he was. His comeback was "what are ya gonna do about it?"
Well I grabbed for my gun, I figured I'd blow a big hole in him--Then I realized that was illegal,
so I grabbed for my knife, I guessed I could just as easily cut a big hole in him--Of course, I realized that was illegal as well, so I figured I'd just pepper spray him a good one--Oof, another illegal move, damn it all. By this time the pos jer k had decided I wasn't gonna be able to legally do much of anything, so I tried yelling and screaming, until the Costco gas attendant came by-To
tell me they would hafta throw me off company property if I didn't stop making all that noise. They were relatively unconcerned that the pos jer k had taken cuts in front of me in the first place, so when he was done, I filled up my car and drove home--Then I tossed the pepper spray in the trash and lived happily ever after (give or take)

That's only funny because I've been is a similar situation - rules protect the bad people more often then not it seems.

Still a knife to a tire would have been satisfying and maybe worth the ding for destroying a $50 tire - or not :mad:

That's only funny because I've been is a similar situation - rules protect the bad people more often then not it seems.

Still a knife to a tire would have been satisfying and maybe worth the ding for destroying a $50 tire - or not :mad:

Seeing the guys eyes get real big, when I grabbed for my gun in the brief moment when I first thought I would just shoot him is a good memory

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top