JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since this thread got resurrected and I didn't chime in two years ago, I''ll offer my perspective:

I've worked in a county jail, I've worked in state prisons, and I've worked as a patrol officer on the streets.

In the immortal words of the legendary First Lady, Nancy Reagan: "Just say no."

The stuff is truly ineffective.

If you want pepper spray, buy a MK 4 size canister of First Defense, Fox or Sabre in (MINIMUM) 1.33% concentration.

And this is only if you are in a non lethal force confrontation. Know the difference.

Otherwise, the Nike or Adidas defensive tactics work well (run, run like the wind, away ...)

You'd be better off with one of these. Soak the balls in Carolina Reaper or Pepper X sauce. For parties & barbeques. Not for self defense.

It's all fun n' games until someone gets popped in the eye with a pepper ball.

1706203033552.png

Last Edited:
You'd be better off with one of these. Soak the balls in Carolina Reaper or Pepper X sauce. For parties & barbeques. Not for self defense.

It's all fun n' games until someone gets popped in the eye with a pepper ball.

View attachment 1809123
The last time this got beat up good here that was the main "thing" those who wanted no one to buy one of them was using. That someone would do some real harm to someone with one. Mainly brought up due to me saying I told the kid I gave one to, practice shooting someone in the face with it. If she takes an eye out of the scum? Great.
What many seem to think is the different launchers sold are something to play with some buddies in the back yard after working down the 3d or 4th six pack. Now I have no doubt some moron will do just this with one and will face consequences. Anyone this stupid should not own a gun though.

Looks like is a freakin necro thread cuz OP never replied re intended use/circumstances. Really tough to say anything about pros and cons when we don't know Fe if it's to defeat a hands on attacker, violent homeless psycho, at range, mob, carjacker, deter thieves in driveway, etc. etc.

E7B7AFDE-DB67-4320-934A-A10A0D6449BA.jpeg

Pull out the seasoning gat and you are going to have lead ventilation holes end of story do not pull out anything that resembles a firearm without the expectation of being shot !
An AMAZING number of idiots pull air soft and CO2 guns on people. While back that scum who got dead in TX did that, used some "fake gun" to hold up that eatery. So many guns now days that are not guns are made to look so real there is no way to tell they are not. Of course every time some moron gets shot doing this the press moans and cry's about them being "unarmed". Point what looks like a gun at enough people are sooner or later one of them will pull a real gun and we know who will win that fight. :confused:

An AMAZING number of idiots pull air soft and CO2 guns on people. While back that scum who got dead in TX did that, used some "fake gun" to hold up that eatery. So many guns now days that are not guns are made to look so real there is no way to tell they are not. Of course every time some moron gets shot doing this the press moans and cry's about them being "unarmed". Point what looks like a gun at enough people are sooner or later one of them will pull a real gun and we know who will win that fight. :confused:
As usual play stupid games win awesome prizes !

YEP! The only ones I feel bad for in this is the one who shoots one of these morons. In many places they are going to face legal challenges on top of having to live with the shoot. All over someone being really stupid. :(
I get it we all do but when something that resembles a firearm comes out brandishing or what not so does mine and believe me pepper balls do not come out but 230 gr projectiles do ! I am more concerned about my safety and care a bit less about someone's feelings .

I get it we all do but when something that resembles a firearm comes out brandishing or what not so does mine and believe me pepper balls do not come out but 230 gr projectiles do ! I am more concerned about my safety and care a bit less about someone's feelings .
If I was on the jury? It would be a no way in hell I would vote to convict but that's not going to happen. Those 230 gr projectiles come with DIRE consequences in many jurisdictions now. Its NOT going to be as fun or cut and dried as many think it will be. It can literally ruin your life over what some idiot did. As I have been saying for a good while though the real problem is we just have not felt enough pain yet.
If someone pulls what looks like a gun on me? I will of course drop them. I hope like hell it does not happen but, if it does it will NOT go well for me. At best I will be looking at some hefty legal bills by the time its over. Sadly this is the world we all live in now. :(

If I was on the jury? It would be a no way in hell I would vote to convict but that's not going to happen. Those 230 gr projectiles come with DIRE consequences in many jurisdictions now. Its NOT going to be as fun or cut and dried as many think it will be. It can literally ruin your life over what some idiot did. As I have been saying for a good while though the real problem is we just have not felt enough pain yet.
If someone pulls what looks like a gun on me? I will of course drop them. I hope like hell it does not happen but, if it does it will NOT go well for me. At best I will be looking at some hefty legal bills by the time its over. Sadly this is the world we all live in now. :(
This is true and do wish them the best of luck !

If you want less than lethal, print up a bunch of sternly worded letters you can give to them to read as they are breaking in... Keep a box of them near all the entrances.

If you want less than lethal, print up a bunch of sternly worded letters you can give to them to read as they are breaking in...
Just remember to keep it at about a second grade reading level. This state does not set the bar very high for graduating high school (or even making it through middle school).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top