Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Oregon PDX police now are using 40mm guns!

DLS

Reactions

Read down to the third paragraph.

I wonder how they holster those Bofors … gotta cause a backache!

Red98422

Reactions
Most likely riot guns made in such a way that you can’t light off HEDP or standard ammo with them, though it would be hilarious to see what a Chester Cheeto round looks like on a group of angry protestors :D;)

OP
DLS

DLS

Reactions
I was poking fun at the awful piece of writing.

I'm betting these "guns" are some type of bean bag projector (think big floppy rubber bullet), but the way the article was written it leaves one to wonder.

Journalism used to be an honorable profession where facts mattered and you actually had to possess the skill to construct a sentence with proper grammar and syntax.

Later the article speaks of the Glock 9mm used. How is this relevant? Would the shoot be more or less justified if the officer used a Sig or S&W? ..
. or a .40?

We have here a pair of firearm ignorant co-writers who have weak writing skills trying to bolster their article with fluff.
Unfortunately for the the rest of us, they are successful passing off their work to equally ignorant readers. And then these readers go out and vote for crap like 1693.

SIGH, sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
40mm is used for all sorts of stuff. Rubber, gel, sponge, and wood impact munitions, aerial dispersion rounds, marking rounds, OC rounds, rubber shot shells, etc.

The wood rounds are neat. You don’t shoot directly, but learn to skip them at about shin level.

Red98422

Reactions
I was poking fun at the awful piece of writing.

I'm betting these "guns" are some type of bean bag projector (think big floppy rubber bullet), but the way the article was written it leaves one to wonder.

Journalism used to be a honorable profession where facts mattered and you actively had to have the skill to construct a sentence with proper grammar and syntax.

Later in the article it speaks of the Glock 9mm used. How is this relevant? Would the shoot be more or less justified if the officer used a Sig or S&W? ..
. or a .40?

We have here a pair of firearm ignorant co-writers who have weak writing skills trying to bolster their article with, unfortunately for the test of us, are successful passing off their work to equally ignorant readers. And then these readers go out and vote for crap like 1693.

SIGH, sorry for the rant.
Professionalism is unfortunately dieing everywhere, and journalism is apparently trying to be the first ones completely out.

I figured it to be a tounge in cheek kinda post, but it did get me giggling when I started thinking about the m203 practice ammo being used on a mob....ought to make them pretty easy to find later!

Well it has to be a glock cause I ain’t never heard of a Sig in a rap song! Seriously though, I don’t know what came first the media being stupid or the general public...:(

Here is a link to the list of carious 40mm munitions made by Defense Technologies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online