JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to see, once again, heroes stepping in and keeping the number of fatalities low, or, as in this case, preventing them altogether (assuming the gunman's intent was to kill). David French wonders
... if "fight" is replacing "flight" in enough American hearts that immediate and courageous resistance becomes the norm – and that killers will start to understand that they'll have to instantly battle one or more raging, charging men before they can complete their terrible, deadly work.
Sorry to repeat this point, but, lacking the will or means to provide any better defenses (armed teachers and/or guards, secured buildings, etc.), it seems, in my opinion, to be one solution worth thinking about.

Lars kept repeating that nobody was shot, but a shot was fired. Must have missed.

A female teacher first saw a man with a gun near the tennis courts, the he went inside the Liberal Arts area... perfect!!!

A lot of misinformation being put out in the media on this.
The LEO response was overwhelming, to be on the safe side.
But it's PPB, so they'd probably stand down... Besides PPB can't afford to have any officers shot, being there more than 160 officers short as it is...

Glad hero's prevented blood shed... This ended as it should have...

I read the story this morning they had no details about it and they hash tagged it this!

Screenshot_20190517-134314.jpg

Several students report it was a shotgun! One student ( and the news)Said he entered a classroom and pulled out the shotgun, then was tackled outside THAT classroom by the coach! They say he WAS a student there, AND an Adult!

Several students report it was a shotgun! One student ( and the news)Said he entered a classroom and pulled out the shotgun, then was tackled outside THAT classroom by the coach! They say he WAS a student there, AND an Adult!
Guess he just couldn't earn enough credits to graduate... He's an adult and a student, sounds like Portland School District needs to do a better jobs of policing who their students are...

Did any of you hear about this? I never saw this on any of the mainstream media outlets I frequent. Probably because nobody was shot as a school coach tackled him. Coach is a former Oregon Ducks star apparently. Go Ducks!:)

Keanon Lowe, former Oregon Ducks star, wrestles suspect to ground amid report of gunman near Parkrose HS

A distraught student entered a classroom Friday at Parkrose High School wearing a black trench coat and carrying a shotgun but didn't hurt anyone before he was tackled in the hallway by the football coach, police and witnesses said.

Well, I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Sounds like that kid needed some serious therapy.

Wish they all went down like this...

It was ALL over the radio on Lars Larson, as it was happening. " Reporting of a possible shooting" was the headline.

The media should point out how nice it was that a staff member with some balls, not even a gun, took the would-be baddie down. And how easy it would be to put some trained people in our schools to protect students from wacko's? Or a story on what possesses a young man/teen to go to such an extreme because his girl broke up with him, and how we might stop such extreme behavior.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews