JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not a math major, but I think we need the weight of the trains and width of the wheels to determine the friction. Also, the angle of descent and ascent of each train. Let's be efficient here...

Both trains travelling at the same speed rules out factors involving your variables. Both trains are on the same track too so angles and curves are not a factor either. ;)

Tell an officer that you can legally do something that you aren't actually doing? What kind of weird backwards logic is that?

"uh, well officer, I have a handgun at home that I could carry with me. I also have a hunting knife in my desk drawer in case you are wondering. There's some ammo at my dads house. I was only driving 40 mph, even though I could have driven 45 mph legally."

What a bunch of crap. This MAY be a different conversation if he was actually carrying his piece, although I think if it comes up automatically with your DL it's unnecessary to reiterate the fact.

The fact that he was not carrying makes this "debate" silly.

Treat them as you would like to be treated if they go off on you do not lower yourself to their level be the bigger person then report them that's the only way their going to learn wrong is wrong time for you to be the teacher.

That is the point I'm trying to make Wayno don't just take there crap get there badge number and name and take it to their superiors if there not going to learn on there own I guess we got to be teachers enough complaints and somethings got to happen you would think but we won't know till we do our part.

That is the point I'm trying to make Wayno don't just take there crap get there badge number and name and take it to their superiors if there not going to learn on there own I guess we got to be teachers enough complaints and somethings got to happen you would think but we won't know till we do our part.

If it's a guy, I'd prefer to take their name and number and then a couple of weeks later send him a big bouquet of roses to the station with a card that says "thanks for the unforgettable night", sign it Steve.
Then sit back and smile knowing that his fellow officers will take care off my payback.

It's tough to turn the other cheek after being absolutely totally disrespected by a cop for absolutely no reason. The cops have lost sight of who their enemies used to be, and they see us all as their enemy, even hoping that we are. They are becoming the gestapo! And if we don't believe it, our heads are in the sand just like it was in Western Europe at one time.

And for the remaining decent cops...They have an uphill battle.

WAYNO.

Just curious where you get your incredible insight? Making grandiose statements regarding police becoming gestapo-like from the limited interactions with the officers most of us have come in contact with, the unreliable media, and some internet stories seems a bit presumptuous. Certainly there are bad cops out there, and with the media blitz these days, we certainly hear stories, but I'm just curious how that translates into all cops are losing sight of who their enemies are? Just saying...

Just curious where you get your incredible insight? Making grandiose statements regarding police becoming gestapo-like from the limited interactions with the officers most of us have come in contact with, the unreliable media, and some internet stories seems a bit presumptuous. Certainly there are bad cops out there, and with the media blitz these days, we certainly hear stories, but I'm just curious how that translates into all cops are losing sight of who their enemies are? Just saying...

The media consistently sides with cops. The mainstream media is not liberal or conservative, they are statist. The police malfeasance that is reported is only the tip of the iceberg. Anyone who thinks the media slanders cops are completely delusional.

Here is one example, the media refuse to report the police murder of a homeless man until a local blog blows the story wide open: How a Local Blog Broke the Kelly Thomas Story: A conversation with Friends for Fullerton's Future - YouTube

Any cop who willfully enforces an immoral law is no different from the gestapo.

deleted

Because my experience is different than yours, then what I say is not true?

Keep defending the proliferation of big government control of its subjects, and your kids and grandkids will be well taken care of.

and...Maybe I oughta stop breaking the law? You pompous fool.

I'm just amazed that people are willing to make grandiose statements based on experiences they've had with law enforcement. I would argue that if you've had that many interactions, then maybe you need to stop breaking the law. And cornell, if the laws are immoral, you should discuss that with the people who made the law, not the people you pay (as a taxpayer) to enforce the laws. Either they do their job and you bubblegum, or they refuse to do their job and you bubblegum (not to mention, they become unemployed).

I'm just amazed that people are willing to make grandiose statements based on experiences they've had with law enforcement. I would argue that if you've had that many interactions, then maybe you need to stop breaking the law. And cornell, if the laws are immoral, you should discuss that with the people who made the law, not the people you pay (as a taxpayer) to enforce the laws. Either they do their job and you bubblegum, or they refuse to do their job and you bubblegum (not to mention, they become unemployed).

Implying politicians or cops actually give a damn about what people think about their immoral laws.

If the cops refused to do their job, I'd give them a round of applause.

Wayno , your only beat if you let them win take your complaint to there superiors if that don't work go higher don't give up just go higher as far as you can go.My wife bought a Bronco years ago long story short it jumped out of 4X4 once in a while the dealer said it was out of warrenty I ask for the local Ford reps phone number they wouldn't give it to me so I called Ford in Detroit and ask for the president they ask me why I would want to talk to him I gave them the story I never talked to the CEO but my phone didn't stop ringing for hours I talked to a lot of Ford people and it wasn't it''s out of warrenty it was when can you bring it in we would like to help you out . Don't let them beat you Wayno keep calling a little bit higher if you do not get what you feel is the right answer. DON'T GIVE UP BUD !.

I had a concealed weapons permit in CA. There the permit does not come up when you are pulled over or they run your drivers Lic., In the hand gun class they recomend you do not tell that your packing, and the local P.D. and Sherif say the same,they said to me if you jumped threw the hoops to get your permit, you are as safe as them, law abiding citezens. when i moved back home to OR. and found out about the B.S. that OR. does with there permits i desided not to get one and only practice open cary if it suits me. As far as concealment , i feel its your right regaurdless of the B.S. laws

I had a concealed weapons permit in CA. There the permit does not come up when you are pulled over or they run your drivers Lic., In the hand gun class they recomend you do not tell that your packing, and the local P.D. and Sherif say the same,they said to me if you jumped threw the hoops to get your permit, you are as safe as them, law abiding citezens. when i moved back home to OR. and found out about the B.S. that OR. does with there permits i desided not to get one and only practice open cary if it suits me. As far as concealment , i feel its your right regaurdless of the B.S. laws

what BS oregon law? there's no requirement to tell, and you're only required to present the permit if asked.

Police serve the government, not the people. Everyone here defending their wrong-doings are ignorant of the truth.

No one here is defending LEO's who mess up. Everyone should be held accountable. I believe what we are disagreeing on is the level of wrong-doing. Despite what dmancornell and some others may think, not all cops are constitution raping gestapo. Thinking they are is what is ignorant of the truth...

My bloodpressure is up dealing with the stupid comments on this thread. I'm done for a while. No point to it anymore. We're all saying the same bubblegum over and over. dmancornell and his ilk are spouting over and over that all or most cops are bad. Some of us are disputing that point. Arguing with you people is like yelling at a brick wall. You make about as much sense, and I get about the same satisfaction, that is to say, none...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top