JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went into Sportsman's to look at a 3 inch Python coming on sale Friday and asked what the wait time is now.

They said depending on how many sales are taking place its about 2 hours for an instant check. :confused:
2 hours isn't "instant". "Instant" is just that. Two hours is human intervention.

Any "rogue" gunsellers that legally transfer firearms after three days of pending?
AFAIK queue should still be low enough not to matter.

Least ways it was on Monday when I transferred "a bunch". Queue under 50.

Point being if it goes longer than next day, there is something wrong. Either with information entered, or the background itself.

IMO.

AFAIK queue should still be low enough not to matter.

Least ways it was on Monday when I transferred "a bunch". Queue under 50.

Point being if it goes longer than next day, there is something wrong. Either with information entered, or the background itself.

IMO.
Wonder what all they do over there. Like many on this thread, presented CHL as ID. I assume the local check is more thorough, and therefore a no brainer to osp.

Yah, no idea!

If you also have your CHL & used it for your BGC & are still pending?

Something is definitely off.

Have your prior BGC's been prolonged?
I'm going to keep my complaining to a minimum, as I am hopeful things work out over the next couple of days.

But since you ask, the last time I purchased a handgun was 10 years ago, and I did wait a week or two.

That was pre-CHL, and when I was new to Oregon.

However, ten years later, not even a traffic ticket, and with CHL, I had hoped for better results.

I'm going to keep my complaining to a minimum, as I am hopeful things work out over the next couple of days.

But since you ask, the last time I purchased a handgun was 10 years ago, and I did wait a week or two.

That was pre-CHL, and when I was new to Oregon.

However, ten years later, not even a traffic ticket, and with CHL, I had hoped for better results.
Have you called or stopped by your FFL to see what your status currently is?

They would likely agree that something isn't quite rite, perhaps they would volunteer suggestions…

They would likely agree that something isn't quite rite, perhaps they would volunteer suggestions…
Pending research, est. date early October.

I asked the FFL whether I could take delivery of it today, citing the legality of such. He refused, citing store policy. Just going to wait it out.

Am torn on whether it's better to legally force OSP to do independent research, rather than their going by other organizations' investigations. As the CHL is good throughout Oregon, it kinda seems needlessly redundant, and maybe wasteful of the taxpayer's dollar to do this all twice.

Pending research, est. date early October.

I asked the FFL whether I could take delivery of it today, citing the legality of such. He refused, citing store policy. Just going to wait it out.

Am torn on whether it's better to legally force OSP to do independent research, rather than their going by other organizations' investigations. As the CHL is good throughout Oregon, it kinda seems needlessly redundant, and maybe wasteful of the taxpayer's dollar to do this all twice.
I'd ask them to run your BGC again or give you a refund.

Still waiting on this same transaction from early August. Delay date was 10/7.

The FFL gave me a slip of paper with OSP contact info. I emailed OSP a second time today.

Still waiting on this same transaction from early August. Delay date was 10/7.

The FFL gave me a slip of paper with OSP contact info. I emailed OSP a second time today.
Email your local republican congressman or congresswoman.
I emsed Kim thatchers office when I hit a delay and she had it cleared up in a day. No bullbubblegum.

Email your local republican congressman or congresswoman.
I emsed Kim thatchers office when I hit a delay and she had it cleared up in a day. No bullbubblegum.
The last time I had a delay, the great Jackie Winters was my Senator and she marched right to the OSP building and wondered what the HECK is going on. Amazing woman. She told me after talking with OSP, it turns out that my delay was because the Teaching Standards and Practicum Commission raised concerns that as a teacher , why am I buying guns. After she asked, and WHY DOES THE TSPC have access to private background check records and they right away approved it.

The last time I had a delay, the great Jackie Winters was my Senator and she marched right to the OSP building and wondered what the HECK is going on. Amazing woman. She told me after talking with OSP, it turns out that my delay was because the Teaching Standards and Practicum Commission raised concerns that as a teacher , why am I buying guns. After she asked, and WHY DOES THE TSPC have access to private background check records and they right away approved it.
That is incredible... Wow.

And btw your are right Jackie Winters was the best. She was my State Senator too.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews