JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay. A little change-up.:confused:

First off, til yesterday I have always received instant approvals. I have a unique name as well as a CCW.

I went to Coastal yesterday, and attempted to buy a pistol. I was speechless (not really) when the counter person said I was queued, with 11,000 ahead of me. I really didn't know my next step. I very nearly said keep it. But I didn't.

Imagine my surprise today, when Coastal called me up and said the State Police called them back immediately after I left the store, and said I was now approved.

What in the world is going on?

I even think weird things, like after I was unkind to the Secretary of State's office, did they flag my file to say make this guys life difficult?o_O

First off, til yesterday I have always received instant approvals. I have a unique name as well as a CCW.

I went to Coastal yesterday, and attempted to buy a pistol. I was speechless (not really) when the counter person said I was queued, with 11,000 ahead of me. I really didn't know my next step. I very nearly said keep it. But I didn't.

Imagine my surprise today, when Coastal called me up and said the State Police called them back immediately after I left the store, and said I was now approved.

I even think weird things, like after I was unkind to the Secretary of State's office, did they flag my file to say make this guys life difficult?o_O

Stuff like your post freaks me out that I will one day get it also.

I have a very unique name
CHL
always instant
Had an FFL
Hold TS clearance with .mil

Until last month, I had zero parking or moving violations.

Your post...freaks me that it can happen to anyone.

Stuff like your post freaks me out that I will one day get it also.

I have a very unique name
CHL
always instant
Had an FFL
Hold TS clearance with .mil

Until last month, I had zero parking or moving violations.

Your post...freaks me that it can happen to anyone.
I also have a unique name, CHL, currently working in law enforcement, previously had a clearance in the military, always instant approval with no SSN.

Today I went to buy a long-gun and got set to the back of the queue. Was a bit surprised because the last time I didn't get instant approval was way back when Kitzhaber was governor. Guy at the gun shop said it was because of the recent FICS update that went live on April 27th.

Same thing happened to me. Bought a MPX did the check got put in the back of the line which never happens to me. Left and got a call 10 mins later that I was approved.

I've heard of at least a couple of other examples where "instant" now means after some delay ranging from 20 min to a couple of hours. I've had only one purchase since the implementation of the new portal. I did get instant approval but I'm not sure how instant it really was. The store was extremely busy and the staff helped like 5 other people between submitting my BGC and telling me I was good to go… unsure if it was truly instant or if it cleared during the intervening period.

I've heard of at least a couple of other examples where "instant" now means after some delay ranging from 20 min to a couple of hours. I've had only one purchase since the implementation of the new portal. I did get instant approval but I'm not sure how instant it really was. The store was extremely busy and the staff helped like 5 other people between submitting my BGC and telling me I was good to go… unsure if it was truly instant or if it cleared during the intervening period.
Instant is "submit" - *approved*. If it takes longer than the electrons to get to Salem, it's not an instant.

Instant is "submit" - *approved*. If it takes longer than the electrons to get to Salem, it's not an instant.
electrons tend to slow down when they meet dense resistance. If the resistance is great enough, they stop flowing altogether.
is there a denser substance in all Oregon than the powers in Salem?

Had a transfer come in today; the approval was actually instant (none of this 20+ min delay business). So it's definitely possible.

I'm still instant providing the person inputting the info does so correctly.

Last Sunday went to a local Beaverton shop and did all the digital paperwork. Checked it 3 times. Submitted and was put into the q. Told the store to cancel it which they did.

Immediately get in the truck and drive an hour to a shop in Sandy. Do the exact same digital paperwork and was instant!

Went into Sportsman's to look at a 3 inch Python coming on sale Friday and asked what the wait time is now.

They said depending on how many sales are taking place its about 2 hours for an instant check. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top