JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In which case you should keep your butt out of the jungle.

And also try reading the latter part of my last post. Judge everyone on their own actions.

I repeat that if you cannot judge everyone on their own actions, then the problem is yours, not theirs...

I generally do judge everyone on their own actions. However, I've also had enough dealings with the arm of my oppressive government to know that I don't trust its agents, nor do I have any use for them as a whole.

I look at it this way. In several decades of driving in several states and more than a few countries, no one has ever stopped me to say "Hey, I know you're in a big hurry, but you should know that I think you're a great driver! Keep it up, okay?" I was breaking at least one traffic law every time I was pulled over. And I usually got the ticket, seldom a warning.

I'm no longer sporting a black Harley, a badge or current military ID (all of which seemed more interesting than writing tickets at one time or another). Now I choose to disclose the CHL, my carry status (yes/no), move deliberately and exhibit courtesy. No ticket yet in that configuration. Maybe it's the gray hair! Something has worked twice now in two years. After coughing up $186 for my last one, and hearing they've gone up since then, I'll sing Bohemian Rhapsody if I can walk slick.

Unfortunately it is the bad one that we remember.
It's like that with everything. You can go to a grocery store and go though a checkout one thousand times and never remember those cashiers that were efficient, but you get one turd and that turd will stick in your memory for a very long time.

I think most turds are like that. Sticky that is..:D

I look at it this way. In several decades of driving in several states and more than a few countries, no one has ever stopped me to say "Hey, I know you're in a big hurry, but you should know that I think you're a great driver! Keep it up, okay?" I was breaking at least one traffic law every time I was pulled over. And I usually got the ticket, seldom a warning.

I'm no longer sporting a black Harley, a badge or current military ID (all of which seemed more interesting than writing tickets at one time or another). Now I choose to disclose the CHL, my carry status (yes/no), move deliberately and exhibit courtesy. No ticket yet in that configuration. Maybe it's the gray hair! Something has worked twice now in two years. After coughing up $186 for my last one, and hearing they've gone up since then, I'll sing Bohemian Rhapsody if I can walk slick.
Shouldn't have sold the Harley. Even old gray haired guys can enjoy a put in the country on a fine V twin. I should know! ;)

This youtube video shows that some cops are more than fair when dealing with the public.

i flipped out on a cop one time.. not hysterically, like this guy.. but i let him have it. the cop also tried to stay super calm with me.. know why? because he'd just lied to me and issued me a speeding ticket when i had not been speeding. i sped up to about 54 in a 50. the cop pulled me over and said he'd paced me at 72 in a 50. i'd been watching him the entire time, and he'd never even gotten behind me TO pace me. straight up lied to me, and issued me a completely bullbubblegum ticket... so yea, as i called BS to his face and flipped out on him, he pretty much just took it... knowing i was legitimately very upset

Shouldn't have sold the Harley. Even old gray haired guys can enjoy a put in the country on a fine V twin. I should know! ;)

Son, don'tcha know! '75 XS 650 cafe racer (for right now anyway). The bug never goes away, does it? With my luck, the next cop who pulls me over was probably born after that. DOH!!!

i flipped out on a cop one time.. not hysterically, like this guy.. but i let him have it. the cop also tried to stay super calm with me.. know why? because he'd just lied to me and issued me a speeding ticket when i had not been speeding. i sped up to about 54 in a 50. the cop pulled me over and said he'd paced me at 72 in a 50. i'd been watching him the entire time, and he'd never even gotten behind me TO pace me. straight up lied to me, and issued me a completely bullbubblegum ticket... so yea, as i called BS to his face and flipped out on him, he pretty much just took it... knowing i was legitimately very upset

When I was 18 I got pulled over and experienced something similar (without me having a meltdown). It was when I gunned it when red light turned green on a street that turns into a highway. A cop pulled me over and said I was speeding and was going 70 because he had to go 70 to catch me. I just responded that "if you went 70 to catch me then I was going slower than that". He had this puzzled look on his face then took my license and registration back to his cruiser. When he came back some minutes later there was no ticket.

When I was 18 I got pulled over and experienced something similar (without me having a meltdown). It was when I gunned it when red light turned green on a street that turns into a highway. A cop pulled me over and said I was speeding and was going 70 because he had to go 70 to catch me. I just responded that "if you went 70 to catch me then I was going slower than that". He had this puzzled look on his face then took my license and registration back to his cruiser. When he came back some minutes later there was no ticket.

derp-thir-herpa-derp-thumb.jpg

LOL, epic math fail.

derp-thir-herpa-derp-thumb.jpg

LOL, epic math fail.

Doesn't quite sound like MENSA material.

Here's a simple math problem along the same lines:

If train A is travelling south at 70 miles per hour and train B is also travelling South at 70 miles per hour. If train A left the station at 5:15 and train B at 5:20, when will train B catch train A?

Unfortunately, a lot of people would probably answer this incorrectly.

She was wrong about the CHL laws - and you were wrong for knowingly exceeding the posted speed limit.

It takes nerve to be a street cop, and not every officer has the temperament for it. A nervous, angry cop is a bigger threat to my freedom and welfare than one who simply doesn't know every law that s/he was hired to enforce.

I've been carrying daily for nearly four years, and I keep rehearsing in my mind what I'd do in a LEO interaction. But it hasn't happened, guess why, because I keep inside the lines.

If train A is travelling south at 70 miles per hour and train B is also travelling South at 70 miles per hour. If train A left the station at 5:15 and train B at 5:20, when will train B catch train A?

Depends. Is train A travelling up and down a hill along the same axis while train B is going on a flat track? :p

Train A is going uphill while Train B is going downhill. Hope this helps. :s0114::s0114:

I'm not a math major, but I think we need the weight of the trains and width of the wheels to determine the friction. Also, the angle of descent and ascent of each train. Let's be efficient here...

Train B will catch train A when the dispatcher puts train A in the siding cause its crew ticked him off.... I was often on train A.

locobob = locomotive engineer bob by the way :D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads