JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I forget how many firearms can go on a single 4473, I think 4, but could be mistaken.

Regardless, the FFL should be able to do just the one background check if they are being transferred at the same time.

However as a private business, there are also there own business policies.

May be say...$25, $30, $40, $50 for the first trsnsfer, then $10 for each after that same day, same time.

Or alternatively it could be flat fee up to however many on a 4473...

I think my FFL said you can do up to 10 guns on one 4473 form at once in Washington (per background check) and Oregon I believe also, unless a certain state limits how many you can buy in a given period by laws they may have passed in some states. 👍

My FFL charges only 1 fee ( which has a set amount for the background check fee set by state law in WA) for the background check even if you have up to 10 one 4473 form. But what an FFL Dealer may charge for multiple transfers for guns sent to thier gunshop to do the background checks varies from dealer to dealer. My dealer just charges 1 transferred fee if I have a few to do the background check for at once.

Last Edited:
See that your local, might give Black Flag a call.

Had 4 lowers & 4 handguns shipped into them one day. Was surprised at the low fee. Honestly forget what it was, as it was a while back now. However I questioned the staff member just to make sure I wasn't ripping them off....

Edit, adding: all of the local FFL's we've dealt with are pretty decent though- ! Black Flag, Good Guys, Welburns & Legendary Arms.

I forget how many firearms can go on a single 4473, I think 4, but could be mistaken.

Regardless, the FFL should be able to do just the one background check if they are being transferred at the same time.

However as a private business, there are also there own business policies.

May be say...$25, $30, $40, $50 for the first trsnsfer, then $10 for each after that same day, same time.

Or alternatively it could be flat fee up to however many on a 4473...
I put 21 AK-47's on one form one time using an attached piece of paper, as described in the small print on the form

Actually it's two or more pistols
Done a bunch of multiple same day handgun purchases without ATF follow up. Not saying no follow up to such as the norm.

My understanding of any followup to such transactions is to account for the whereabouts of said handguns. So I simply would show them the handguns, or show them proof of transfer (FFL receipt to purchaser/trader).

No biggie.

Wow! That's a LOT of different answers!
Yup, lots of folks willing to share their knowledge & experiences on here.

Done a bunch of multiple same day handgun purchases without ATF follow up. Not saying no follow up to such as the norm.

My understanding of any followup to such transactions is to account for the whereabouts of said handguns. So I simply would show them the handguns, or show them proof of transfer (FFL receipt to purchaser/trader).

No biggie.

Yup, lots of folks willing to share their knowledge & experiences on here.
The multiple purchase form is sent to the FBI

At my local FFL I usually try to find something from the store to purchase when I get a personal or third party transfer done. My FFL charges two different rates for a BGC depending on if he is getting a cut of the sale or not (totally understandable), and getting a discount on the BGC is as good an excuse as any to grab something from the case.

Now if your FFL does not do this and charges a flat rate for a BGC then obviously this is a less enticing option, so your mileage may very. But there is certainly no legal impediment to putting as many firearms as you want on one transfer, the only limitation is how much work your FFL is willing to put up with.

I think the bottom line here is: check with your FFL for if/how he would like to handle your situation.

I've checked with 6 FFLs in my area and only found one who is willing to do a person-to-person transfer.

Easiest thing to do is if a person is going to be serious about this hobby and way of life, STAY ON TOP OF THE GUN LAWS all the time.

Each time guys ask how they can do this or that, the anti-gun pryks just ghost around in here and other sites and write down notes. They don't need to sit around and think up ways to skrew us out of our gun rights. People posting stupid stuff does thier work for them for the next legislative session to hit us with more anti gun bills.
Remember the old saying " loose lips sink ships" do research instead of posting so much junk. So the liberals aren't using shyt against us all the time.
I been trying to tell people this for years. When they don't listen they wonder why we keep getting bent over and more anti gun bills get passed into law in every state in the union.
Ya gotta be smarter than the average bear 🐻 if we want to survive the liberals and win back and keep our God given rights. 👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top