JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...approval for people before the 30 day mark.
If I'm not mistaken... the 30 day limit doesn't start until the day after NCIS is contacted to initiate the BGC on their end.

I could be wrong, but if the delay is OSP and NCIS hasn't even seen your application yet, the clock hasn't even started.

Anyone know for proof positive?

Does OSP issue the initiated number or is that NCIS and they just put a delay on it awaiting OSP approval before actually processing it?

Last Edited:
If I'm not mistaken... the 30 day limit doesn't start until the day after NCIS is contacted to initiate the BGC on their end.

I could be wrong, but if the delay is OSP and NCIS hasn't even seen your application yet, the clock hasn't even started.

Does OSP issue the initiated number or is that NCIS and they just put a delay on it awaiting OSP approval before actually processing it?
Isn't the point of the human interaction to validate the information that didn't give you an instant?

There's going to be a lot of three day releases Friday if the state isn't granted their exception to the injunction. Keep your fingers crossed for an exceptional presentation from the plaintiffs.

Yes. Doesn't start until they've reviewed. Same with the 3 day Brady IIrC

There's going to be a lot of three day releases Friday if the state isn't granted their exception to the injunction. Keep your fingers crossed for an exceptional presentation from the plaintiffs.
Current OR law (excluding m114) only requires one day delay before release. So federal Charleston is actually more strict. Can't see any way judge is going to interfere with the status quo.

OR law excerpt:
F2446AF9-AA4B-4B08-94EB-EF2CECE0409C.jpeg

Current OR law (excluding m114) only requires one day delay before release. So federal Charleston is actually more strict. Can't see any way judge is going to interfere with the status quo.

OR law excerpt:
View attachment 1333409
I have an NFA item approved by the Feds today, and because it's not a can I get tossed into the OSP backlog. My dealer is a 3 day release dealer so even if there is an opportunity to release after one I'm okay with the dealer doing 3....because it isn't unlimited and I also want them to protect themselves.
I'm so beyond po'ed that I have to jump through the same hoop after waiting almost 9 months.

Highline Firearms of Newberg Oregon is another shop doing transfers and 3 day turnarounds (that may be a moot point depending upon the decision on Jan 3rd).
I picked up an ordered firearm there today, nice to see another shop that has been honoring the 3 day PROVISION and not restricting one's second amendment rights.
I asked about liability brouha, apparently a non issue as they indicated they are doing nothing different than what they were 6 months or 1 year ago.
The few times i was there, well staffed with 3 folks behind the counter, very accommodating and easy to work with.
From order to pickup was 6 days.

Ffl's are being hammered by people calling about every aspect of this situation. If I can be one less phone call by asking a forum member who might know, that's one less than it would have been.
The situation is changing by the hour. I definitely recommend calling ahead of time.

I just picked up some lowers and I was almost at the 30 day mark from when I initiated it at the pawn shop. If I had been approved tomorrow he said I would have had to fill out the paperwork again and he would have to call and wait on hold for like 3 hours or something. Sooooo I am pretty sure its from the day the background check was initiated.

I just picked up some lowers and I was almost at the 30 day mark from when I initiated it at the pawn shop. If I had been approved tomorrow he said I would have had to fill out the paperwork again and he would have to call and wait on hold for like 3 hours or something. Sooooo I am pretty sure its from the day the background check was initiated.
That's helpful. On the other hand... it's possible he's not quite sure what he's talking about. Some of the most absurd things I've heard about what's legal and what's not has come directly from the mouths of FFL's that really should know their own business.

When their lips are moving... as a general rule... I take it with a grain of salt.

He might have a deep understanding of it and just didn't elaborate... or not?

That's helpful. On the other hand... it's possible he's not quite sure what he's talking about. Some of the most absurd things I've heard about what's legal and what's not has come directly from the mouths of FFL's that really should know their own business.

When their lips are moving... as a general rule... I take it with a grain of salt.

He might have a deep understanding of it and just didn't elaborate... or not?
He was pretty busy, but he did check 2 or 3 times to make sure I wasn't at the 30 day mark. He might have elaborated, I just wanted to get out of there, and there was a line.

Ffl's are being hammered by people calling about every aspect of this situation. If I can be one less phone call by asking a forum member who might know, that's one less than it would have been.
ok, i was at the shop today, but i cannot tell you if they are taking orders NOW, they were a week ago.
Keep in mind a 3 day turnaround may/may not be valid after the 3rd. They were well staffed, call em, be brief, don't chat, get off the line asap, respect for others in the store waiting.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top