JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If purchasing a new firearm and purchasing one from an individual, can you use the same/single background check at a local FFL dealer if doing the deal at the same time?
You may not care and/or it may not be applicable but keep in mind that if you buy two handguns from the same dealer in the same week the dealer must send a report to ATF on that. It's to prevent straw man purchases.

You may not care and/or it may not be applicable but keep in mind that if you buy two handguns from the same dealer in the same week the dealer must send a report to ATF on that. It's to prevent straw man purchases.
I may not have worded it right or asked the right question. My intent was to find out if I would be charged for each individual firearm or if one fee would cover multiple firearms if purchased at the same time.

I may not have worded it right or asked the right question. My intent was to find out if I would be charged for each individual firearm or if one fee would cover multiple firearms if purchased at the same time.
Yep I understand that and I think others have done a really good job of answering that above. I was only pointing out a factor one may want to think about (or not).

And actually @billdeserthills pointed it out first but I didn't see his post before I posted. Cheers!

Yep I understand that and I think others have done a really good job of answering that above. I was only pointing out a factor one may want to think about (or not).

And actually @billdeserthills pointed it out first but I didn't see his post before I posted. Cheers!
When I had an FFL a friend often made multiple handgun purchases, I told him about the form and he didn't care. Far as I know the FBI never said or did anything about all the multiple
handgun purchase forms I sent in

When I had an FFL a friend often made multiple handgun purchases, I told him about the form and he didn't care. Far as I know the FBI never said or did anything about all the multiple
handgun purchase forms I sent in
Yea the one video about atf visiting someone's home because he bought 2 pistols from same dealer in same week is disconcerting. Pressure on atf from Biden and their new administrator (who is an ultra anti-gun crusader) is not going to go down, only up imo. Imo chances are slim for something like that to happen but why give any chance is my thinking.

View: https://youtu.be/kN6jZKrzOmo?si=xC3rnMuEm53lm4ch

If purchasing a new firearm and purchasing one from an individual, can you use the same/single background check at a local FFL dealer if doing the deal at the same time?
I do it all the time, I mean I did it all the time until @Camelfilter suggested I take a break. :)

Seriously it will depend on the FFL, call around to see if you have one nearby who will do this. Also choose one who will do no response releases.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top