JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Will 4 mobile units be enough if things are so bead we need to deploy them?
As I read it, there are only 2 trailers, each with 4 courtrooms. So no, probably not.

And how will they move them where they are needed when the roads will probably be destroyed?

Good point. Court house destroyed but roads and bridges left intact. Uh huh. No to worry, though. The trailers probably won't survive the quake anyway.

If it's that bad, the last folks going to work are non essential personnel. I can just imagine a court clerk going to work as her house lays in ruins.

I can see it now, mobile courts and not enough police. I think someone forgot that you have to catch the criminals first, and our current retention of police is not so good.

I can see it now, mobile courts and not enough police. I think someone forgot that you have to catch the criminals first, and our current retention of police is not so good.

I'm thinking the yurts are more so our so-called "leaders" can gather and make important decisions about how we shall maintain rule of law after a disaster. Such as law abiding citizens of the state will have to conform to what ever the overseers come up with. Turning in firearms comes to mind.

Your fate will be decided by a trailer trash judicial system. Judge BUBBLES persiding.

I would love that.

trailer_park_boys_bubbles-with-kitties.jpg

So, were spending millions to bring justice to the sheeple after a disaster when the first thing should be providing food, water, shelter, and security!
Policing for Profit Much?!?!?!
And if its really bad enough that they need to use these, where do they think they are going to find enough employees to make it all work!

Will 4 mobile units be enough if things are so bead we need to deploy them?
And how will they move them where they are needed when the roads will probably be destroyed?
And where will they put the perps once they are found guilty?? A doublewide?

And where will they put the perps once they are found guilty?? A doublewide?

I bet they get shipped out to a tent city somewhere....

The bigger concern I have is what do they do with those that are still waiting trial?

Now, think about that if say in all the looting you had to defend yourself....

All these are used for is to ensure continuity of operations. There are very specific legal parameters behind court proceedings (e.g. your right to a fair and speedy trial). Certain types of cases cannot be dropped due to disasters or the defendants by default are to be released. These disasters are not necessarily referring to major earthquake, but could be much smaller localized disasters. Mobile courts are used all the time in areas hit by hurricanes. No, there are not enough to cover the state following a major event, but there is a wide range of events that could cause issues in the justice system (more than there already are) that these mobile systems can be used. The are often transported on large flatbeds/semi-trucks. Due to the increase in disasters and aging infrastructure, more focus by the state and feds is being targeted at how to maintain basic continuity of operations.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top