JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw the new air last week on this, why I can totally get the loss of his son caused such grief that he is having issues dealing with this as it is. Let alone adding allot to the mix like Florida.
I have empathy for the man, truly do. But his actions only hurt the protection of children, first he called out the AR like its some one eyed monster giving antigunners a huge boost, then says he destroyed it to help stop more killings. Antis will use the a poster child of the troubled gun owner. Put at risk more kids as people may head his advice and disarm themselves, I doubt any gun owners took him seriously and those are the only people that will matter as they are they ones hat own firearms, not anti-gunners.
Not sure where his head was at in all this, but news pounced on this and they ran the Florida shooting right after his interview.

It was his Rifle and as far as I'm concerned he had the Right to do what he wanted to. Of course, it may NOT be his Right much longer. And, that's the part that SUCKS!!!

Unfortunately, my dad is a VN Vet and would at least give it to me - he already gave me the few guns he had but is against 30 round mags and so called assault rifles:oops:.

Makes me more then a little embarrassed.

Just my .02 cents worth here...

I saw this earlier last week, things looked far to cozy and staged, I proceeded to look at his fictional FaceBook page, it was all brand new, no friends, only a couple of pictures of his house in Christmas lights and of course the cut up AR..

Anyone can claim whatever on a video, many are called "POSERS", where's the proof he is a Vietnam vet, wheres the proof he lost a son...??? Claims are just empty without actual proof...

He turns his back to the camera to cut up the rifle, how nice, ever been to a magic show...??? Look at my right hand, not what I'm doing with the left...

I simply don't buy into much of this crap as it's only designed to stir up emotions and reactions, perhap's i can throw in a hornets nest...

Again, just my perceptions...

I want to see a a Nationally broadcast Video of someone purchasing an AR-15 in response, and volunteering to do a shift to guard a local school. Lets start a nationwide movement of volunteers to spend a few hours a week to guard our kids. Could be in pairs, would of course have to be vetted. Similar to the red hatted volunteers many years ago that roamed bad areas of NYC, set up by "....Silva". They were called Guardian Angels, had some problems, and were unarmed if memory is correct. Different times, different tools needed now. Could take some heat off teachers afraid or unwilling or untrained to CC, and help spread funds to harden windows doors, detectors etc. Could also help kids feel safer. Look what they do in Israel's schools.

Thoughts?

I want to see a a Nationally broadcast Video of someone purchasing an AR-15 in response, and volunteering to do a shift to guard a local school. Lets start a nationwide movement of volunteers to spend a few hours a week to guard our kids. Could be in pairs, would of course have to be vetted. Similar to the red hatted volunteers many years ago that roamed bad areas of NYC, set up by "....Silva". They were called Guardian Angels, had some problems, and were unarmed if memory is correct. Different times, different tools needed now. Could take some heat off teachers afraid or unwilling or untrained to CC, and help spread funds to harden windows doors, detectors etc. Could also help kids feel safer. Look what they do in Israel's schools.

Thoughts?

Good thoughts, I had basically the same idea... After all Volunteer Firemen comprise over 70% of all firefighters in the Nation...

Destroy AR.jpg

Sitting here watching the news and they interviewed a Vietnam veteran that felt sorry for the parents of the Florida shooting and turned in his AR-15's to be destroyed.:confused:o_O

I am at a complete loss of words and not sure what to even think! I have looked for a link but can't find one.
He should turn in his Vehicles, cell phone & beer for all the DUI & texting deaths.

Thoughts?
I would actually be up for this, burn a vacation day to protect the children. Might even be able to get get my employer to pay for it as volunteer time..

Good thoughts, I had basically the same idea... After all Volunteer Firemen comprise over 70% of all firefighters in the Nation...
No doubt a good idea but something of this magnitude would require as much organization, dedication and training as the 70% of the volunteer firefighters in the nation - and likely more if weapons are to be carried. Volunteers in this capacity would be functioning in a quasi-law enforcement role and might need to be Trained as say a reservist for a Law Enforcement Department.

No doubt a good idea but something of this magnitude would require as much organization, dedication and training as the 70% of the volunteer firefighters in the nation - and likely more if weapons are to be carried. Volunteers in this capacity would be functioning in a quasi-law enforcement role and might need to be Trained as say a reservist for a Law Enforcement Department.
So, what yer sayin is I'd need to go on a diet and exercise... That'd make the missus happy...

I still think it could be done. I would take the time to go to training and work with the local leo's to watch our kids go home safe! In fact it would be a blessing as fire arm training is always a good thing for any of us who carry on a daily basis.

What's wrong with organization, dedication and training? Let's kick it up a notch. Not necessarily for said proposal, but maybe make a phone call or write a congressman. Preaching to the choir is fine, but let's convert some souls. Or at least let them know who they are dealing with.

Anyone playing the emotional card and getting rid of or destroying any AR's, instead of using common sense maybe shouldn't own one since to do such a stupid thing just shows they aren't right in thier mind, and should have thier man card taken too. While they're at it, they might as well start wearing dresses and high heels, while carrying thier purse.:rolleyes::cool:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top