JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You call yourself a liberal. Do you follow classical liberalism or neoliberalism?

In this context, neoliberalism as in the ones who are the loud mouthed individuals, not the one regarding laissez faire economics.

I am a proud liberal gun owner. I have multiple " A.R. 15 style " rifles, Large and small bore hunting rifles, and small and large bore handguns. Hell, I even own a bump stock. And frankly, I am tired of being called a snowflake or a Libtard. Even unintentionally or by proxy because of my political beliefs.
In my opinion, real liberals believe in all of the amendments; especially the second. Real liberals believe someone is hungry or without housing that it is up to us as a society To make sure that they are not forgotten or a left to fall through the cracks in the system.

I do not claim to know the cause of or solution to the issue of mass shooters. But I feel that both sides of the debate between Democrats and Republicans and are disingenuous in their arguments. almost everyone If not everyone here knows that someone with the training and skill to use and operate a weapon effectively does not need, or even want a 90rd magazine.
I believe that what is necessary is to build a sense of community and train/educate this new generation on proper gun handling and safety. It's no wonder that these dip bubblegums keep shooting crowds of people when they're only exposure to firearms has been video games where there are no consequences, or in Hollywood movies where everybody but the good guy gets mowed down for the audiences enjoyment.
In my opinion we need to start thinking of the people we see on the street every day as humans with families and hopes and dreams and aspirations. If we are truly the sheepdogs in our current social environment, then we need our flock to be a cohesive unit That has connections not just through the neighborhood, but throughout the country.

Please proceed to tear me apart and make fun of me for my political stance.
I hate to be the one to inform you but your not a libral or a libatard your a conservative .

He may as well pull $500-$1000 from his bank account and light it on fire.

He is simply virtue signaling. I bet if we did a little investigative research into his history he may have never served.. which I don't want to discredit veteran.. however there is a good chance he's never been a "gun guy" in the first place. The rifle may not even be his, except for the sake of the story.

Is it really a stretch considering this is the new political statement used by anti gunners, propped up to be printed in papers or publicized on TV?

To virtue signal so hard that he's willingly throwing money away just to propagate a political narrative simply baffles and humors me. :s0140:

I hate to be the one to inform you but your not a libral or a libatard your a conservative .
Depends on what they mean by liberal. Classical liberalism has a focus on individual liberty and limited government.

Though we call those libertarians now, as the people who are screaming on tv claiming to be a liberal is anything but the classical liberal.

I don't claim to be a republican or a libataran or a conservative Im not really religious I don't think everyone should do as they want and I don't want the government controlling everything I do so call me crazy but this is how it is

I am a proud liberal gun owner. I have multiple " A.R. 15 style " rifles, Large and small bore hunting rifles, and small and large bore handguns. Hell, I even own a bump stock. And frankly, I am tired of being called a snowflake or a Libtard. Even unintentionally or by proxy because of my political beliefs.
In my opinion, real liberals believe in all of the amendments; especially the second. Real liberals believe someone is hungry or without housing that it is up to us as a society To make sure that they are not forgotten or a left to fall through the cracks in the system.

I do not claim to know the cause of or solution to the issue of mass shooters. But I feel that both sides of the debate between Democrats and Republicans and are disingenuous in their arguments. almost everyone If not everyone here knows that someone with the training and skill to use and operate a weapon effectively does not need, or even want a 90rd magazine.
I believe that what is necessary is to build a sense of community and train/educate this new generation on proper gun handling and safety. It's no wonder that these dip bubblegums keep shooting crowds of people when they're only exposure to firearms has been video games where there are no consequences, or in Hollywood movies where everybody but the good guy gets mowed down for the audiences enjoyment.
In my opinion we need to start thinking of the people we see on the street every day as humans with families and hopes and dreams and aspirations. If we are truly the sheepdogs in our current social environment, then we need our flock to be a cohesive unit That has connections not just through the neighborhood, but throughout the country.

There is a big difference between a liberal and a leftist, I have a lot of liberal friends who are also patriots. They dont like Trump but just have to lump it for now. Liberals used to be the folks that espouse new ideas and methods rather than being stuck with the way it always was. The problem I see now with most liberals is that they seem to gravitate toward leftist, communist type of thought mainly because it has been shoved down into their brains while in modern colleges.
I guess I'm old fashioned. A Vietnam vet, 25 yrs law enforcement and 50 years a gunsmith,,, I worked on M16's when they were first issued in Nam, they are a fine piece of machinery as evidenced by the fact that they are still issued, almost 55 years later, longer than any other issue weapon in our military history. I have built hundreds of them over the years, and have one in pieces in my shop waiting for me to set it up for myself..... been there 4 years now.... they just don't excite me as much as real wood and blue steel.

There is a big difference between a liberal and a leftist, I have a lot of liberal friends who are also patriots. They dont like Trump but just have to lump it for now. Liberals used to be the folks that espouse new ideas and methods rather than being stuck with the way it always was. The problem I see now with most liberals is that they seem to gravitate toward leftist, communist type of thought mainly because it has been shoved down into their brains while in modern colleges.
I guess I'm old fashioned. A Vietnam vet, 25 yrs law enforcement and 50 years a gunsmith,,, I worked on M16's when they were first issued in Nam, they are a fine piece of machinery as evidenced by the fact that they are still issued, almost 55 years later, longer than any other issue weapon in our military history. I have built hundreds of them over the years, and have one in pieces in my shop waiting for me to set it up for myself..... been there 4 years now.... they just don't excite me as much as real wood and blue steel.
There is a difference but it's a thin line

I'm conservative but have a fewLiberal friends, I've found most people are not like the two extremes. Anyway, glad you're here.

Sorry bro, I can't take that title. I may be an Eisenhower conservative, but I'm an FDR Democrat through and through. Tax the rich to fund schools and social programs. Restore and improve the new deal. Give Americans new jobs by rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure. Provide due process and civil rights to all Americans Etc.
The real problem, is that the Democrats both in office and behind the scenes have no cohesive plank and party unity.

img_0979.jpg

Spoke to a co-worker today who overheard a conversation with another co-worker about guns. Found out he is a gun owner/enthusiast, and owns far more guns than I do. He then proceeded to tell me that no one "needs" an AR or really any semi-automatic rifle. You certainly can't hunt with it - and if you could, who would? Didn't see any use at all. When I countered, nicely ;), with some other thoughts such as the kid in Wyoming a few years ago that had 3 baddies break into his house and defended himself against all 3 with an AR, he changed the topic to something else - teachers, and how they shouldn't be armed. Again, I nicely ;), presented 2 situations where teachers could very much benefit from being armed, he left the conversation.

We're fighting the battle on more than one front. It's not just the blatant anti's that want to take our rights, there are plenty of gun owners that seem to be willing to do so as well - so long as it doesn't impact what they think we should be able to do. When he said "I don't think anyone needs an AR", he fails to see that he's discounting any other opinion and that his opinion is the only one that should matter. Just because he doesn't see a need doesn't mean there isn't one (never mind that the 2nd isn't about 'need'), but he, like many others aren't interested in what others think.

I wish I had some time to sit down with him and go over some of these things more in depth - but I avoid those particular conversations with co-workers because I don't want it to impact my job. Still, I think he's pretty short sighted and needs to have his mind broadened beyond what appears to be a FUDD mentality.

don't need a semi auto for hunting ? Chit fire I DO. 2nd deer I shoot in life. I hit that bubblegum 13 times in the bubblegum, before it dropped into a deep canyon. That was with model 94 30-30 almost semi auto and a 14 yr old running reload the almost semi auto, nothing like powder burnt hamburger.

anymore I say every gun I have is ASAR. except the ASAP. opps sorry there is SAR's and SAP's

you know how many states it's illegal to have oral sex with your wife.... even if she's going to cut that thing off, if you don't.

or what about the having a sheep in the cab of your pickup WTF ??? poor sheepie got ride in the rain

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top