JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend of my wife wanted to learn how to shoot 'years ago' bought two pistols, said she cleaned them but never shot them.
Circumstances happened they needed to move, she placed them in a cardboard box in a storage unit and went about her life.

Her husband is NOT a gun guy and wanted nothing to do with them.
In passing she mentioned to my wife that the slides no longer cycle and that the magazines can not be removed either.

My wife asked me if I would like to look at the pistols? Sure, why not we gun nuts are always happy to fiddle with our hobby.

Well one turned out to be a 1918 - M1903 "Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag System Browning" 380acp
Date code puts it as an Artillery service manufactured 1918 - last year of WWI and to remind anyone not familiar - WWI ended on armistice day November 11 1918.

Today, 104 years ago.
Things like this hit me real hard in the feels and I feel privileged and honored to clean (at least in my mind) an old soldiers weapon on the day the war ended.

We're going shooting next weekend. She's over the moon to go, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to shooting the M103

Please excuse the cleaning towel backdrop...

1918_01.jpg

1918_02.jpg 1918_03.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews