JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I guess to clarify my point; the GOP exists to support, advance, and represent a specific platform. If any part of that platform happens to piss people off, then changing said platform to appease those people would mean the GOP is no longer the GOP.

The GOP pisses anti-2A people by supporting the 2nd Amendment right? Should they change that or stick to their guns?

I'm not disagreeing that the GOP may end up running itself into extinction by sticking to specific values, but I'd rather see that than them no longer actually following their platform and kowtowing to the "pissed" off people who have an entirely different set of principles.
I don't think many of them (not "all") necessarily have a different set of principles, but rather they are able to see the bigger picture and don't allow themselves to be bothered by what other people do. I highly doubt most of this country cares about the trans issue or abortion as much as some on the Right want us to believe that they do. It doesn't mean that they necessarily agree with it, they just don't care.

No, the LGBT isn't coming for your kids, and nobody is going to abort your wife's or daughter's fetus when she's in labor. Take a breath and go for a walk.

I really don't care what trans people or women do with their bodies or with THEIR OWN kids. I can't control that. What the GOP can control is: border security, enforcing laws where Liberals fail, addressing the inflation, confronting China (should have been doing this years ago), getting us back to energy independence, and figuring out what we're going to do about the war in Ukraine. Not losing elections because they want to control other people's lives.....that never works.

Then why are they teaching kids they can choose their gender, and trying to make it illegal for doctors to notify parents they are giving their kids permanent sex changes?
Just curious how many kids have been forced to have sex change operations?

I never said anyone was rounding up kids and forcefully making them change their sex or gender.
Then it's not an issue. If a child is so vulnerable that they change everything of who they are by becoming someone they are not, then that's an issue that starts at home, not in school. It's not the school's job to raise your kids. It has very little to do with the LGBT community outside of a few radicals who genuinely believe it's their right to change children, and everything to do with good morals and positive influences and confidence-building that starts at home.

My own nephew has decided he's trans, and it's exactly that: chaotic household run by fruitloops and a crazy mother who's not in the picture and currently doing a stint in a psych ward.....a month after she bit me on the arm because I said the word "trans".

Stable, grounded households don't have this problem, and the children there grow up loving who they are. Stop worrying about the gay men's choir of San Francisco and start worrying about how your kids are doing at home and with their friends.

I heard about the parents being upset about transgender individuals reading to the students in a school. I wonder how many of those same parents went down to the school in the last year to read to the students?

Then it's not an issue. If a child is so vulnerable that they change everything of who they are by becoming someone they are not, then that's an issue that starts at home, not in school.
its an issue when the school teaches it, they inject themselves into the situation that should be a family affair only.
Stable, grounded households don't have this problem, and the children there grow up loving who they are. Stop worrying about the gay men's choir of San Francisco and start worrying about how your kids are doing at home and with their friends.
Please dont falsley presuppose what I worry about. I have no issues with the gay mens choir and fully support them. I find it odd your changing the subject again.

Last Edited:
I think your question about doctors not telling parents about sex changes is between the parent the doctor and the courts

I heard about the parents being upset about transgender individuals reading to the students in a school. I wonder how many of those same parents went down to the school in the last year to read to the students?
If I had to guess Id say its entirely probably that parents have volunteered to read to students. Back when I was a child it was the teacher who read us a story. Im genuinely curious why now they bring in adult entertainers to read to children?

So exactly what makes it so Trans can't read to young individuals? What is the legal reason? And again why aren't the parents being involved?

It's not the school's job to raise your kids.
Amen to that.

I think one of the main issues is the schools being secretive about what they're teaching. This was a huge lever for Virginia Republicans when Terry McAuliffe (Democrat) lost his bid for the governorship in Virgina because he made the comment about not thinking parents should be telling the schools what to teach their kids. Keeping secrets from parents about their own child's "gender identity" is a whole nother level.

its an issue when the school teaches it, they inject themselves into the situation that should be a family affair only.
Then pull the kid out and have them assigned to another class, or move to another school.
Please to falsley presuppose what I worry about.
You've made it obvious that this is an issue you worry about. I'm simply responding to it.

I have no issues with the gay mens choir and fully support them.
Missed the point. A while back, everyone got in a tissy....all the Conservatives.....because the Gay Men's Choir of San Francisco trolled them by singing a song about "we're coming for your kids". And of course the Right fell for it, and instead of an eyeroll dedicated a whole week of programming on various channels about how horrible it was.

I find it odd your changing the subject again.
No more so than the fact that you're avoid it.

So exactly what makes it so Trans can't read to young individuals? What is the legal reason? And again why aren't the parents being involved?
I never said Trans couldnt read to kids. Nobody says they cant, the subject is about adult entertainers reading to kids.
And Who says they arent?

Things are different now then back in the 70s when I went to school. Some parents worked as aides to the teachers. There were always a couple of empty desks and a parent could come in and set down. During the day as long as they were non disruptive. If the parent wanted to talk to the teacher they could during recess or schedule a meeting. I have no kids of my own so I do not do much with schools. It's the current generation of parents that are responsible for the schools. It also the current parents responsibility to take an active role in thiers child's education. That means spending time at school and seeing first hand what is going on.

No more so than the fact that you're avoid it.
Im not avoiding anything. Im just asking questions. Questions that are not being answered and returned with other subjects. I just have genuine questions about the subject to learn about the subject, but if its not something that Im welcome to ask then I will drop it cause this isnt going anywhere otherwise. Sorry to bother.

Things are different now then back in the 70s when I went to school. Some parents worked as aides to the teachers. There were always a couple of empty desks and a parent could come in and set down. During the day as long as they were non disruptive. If the parent wanted to talk to the teacher they could during recess or schedule a meeting. I have no kids of my own so I do not do much with schools. It's the current generation of parents that are responsible for the schools. It also the current parents responsibility to take an active role in thiers child's education. That means spending time at school and seeing first hand what is going on.
yes, a lot has changed since the 70s. Whats also changed greatly is nowadays it takes both parents working full time to make ends meet. This means way less time for parents to stop by and volunteer at the schools. So on that point maybe your right less parents are volunteering but not necessarily for a lack of wanting to.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top