JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Agree. My sarcasm might not have been that obvious.
He ain't talking to me anymore so I will post to you. :)

The Founders said we hold these truths to be self evident and enumerated in a bill of rights what is called God given rights. A closed mind accepts that he has rights given to him by his creator while today's open minded people see our rights as derived from government. It's the bs a open mind falls for but it isn't just limited to guns.

An open mind is still waiting for someone to tell them what a women is but the closed mind knows already...obviously.

The heck with logging in and out! I just opened the tread in another browser and . . .

It-Crowd-Fire.gif

The Founders said we hold these truths to be self evident and enumerated in a bill of rights what is called God given rights. A closed mind accepts that he has rights given to him by his creator while today's open minded people see our rights as derived from government. It's the bs a open mind falls for but it isn't just limited to guns.

An open mind is still waiting for someone to tell them what a women is but the closed mind knows already...obviously.
what happens if your close minded and after a while you learn you were wrong?

what happens if your close minded and after a while you learn you were wrong?
About what? Climate change , the border, Ukraine ,the constitution , what a woman is or 114, what am I wrong in and I should change my mind? Where is the ccp fact checkers that works for fakebook to tell me the truth? :)

About what? Climate change , the border, Ukraine ,the constitution , what a woman is or 114, what am I wrong in and I should change my mind? Where is the ccp fact checkers that works for fakebook to tell me the truth? :)
how open minded of you...

You are confusing the Declaration of Independence (We hold these truths to be self-evident...) with the Constitution. The Constitution does not refer to "god-given" rights, rather it refers to rights of the people. You have to open your mind up enough to allow information to pass within, and let the fetid air of decay exhaust...

You are confusing the Declaration of Independence (We hold these truths to be self-evident...) with the Constitution. The Constitution does not refer to "god-given" rights, rather it refers to rights of the people. You have to open your mind up enough to allow information to pass within, and let the fetid air of decay exhaust...
I cant decide if this fact is close minded, or open minded? Asking for a friend...

(sarcasm)

Just my opinion, tinfoil hat time, but measure 114 was always going to pass. No amount of effort by the opposition would have been victorious.

Honestly if I could put a $100 bet on it and have the "real" outcome revealed I'd put money that the No votes actually won.

Of course there is no way to actually know and in the end we just have to trust the system works and humans are beyond corruption lol.

Though being a history major has left me a bit skeptical of humans ability to remain uncorrupted.

And to be fair I've always considered myself liberal up until the whole covid era and have always been progun.

Once people that called themselves "liberal" started saying trust the science without being able to question results which is part of the scientific process, said little kids could decide their gender and be given chemical castration medicine and all white people/police are racist and only whites could even be racist etc I decided I'm not that kind of liberal.

My philosophy is adults should be able to worship as they please, dress as they please, love as they please, raise their children as they see fit, not how their government or teachers see fit and adults should do their best to protect kids' innocence, to let them have a childhood devoid of adult delusions lol. Also I've always felt we as adults should be able to have open dialog without feeling offended or attacked if that is not the intent of the individuals engaged. Some conversations are hard to hear sometimes though also sometimes needed.
Screenshot_20230721_175219.jpg

Just my opinion, tinfoil hat time, but measure 114 was always going to pass. No amount of effort by the opposition would have been victorious.

Honestly if I could put a $100 bet on it and have the "real" outcome revealed I'd put money that the No votes actually won.

Of course there is no way to actually know and in the end we just have to trust the system works and humans are beyond corruption lol.

Though being a history major has left me a bit skeptical of humans ability to remain uncorrupted.

And to be fair I've always considered myself liberal up until the whole covid era and have always been progun.

Once people that called themselves "liberal" started saying trust the science without being able to question results which is part of the scientific process, said little kids could decide their gender and be given chemical castration medicine and all white people/police are racist and only whites could even be racist etc I decided I'm not that kind of liberal.

My philosophy is adults should be able to worship as they please, dress as they please, love as they please, raise their children as they see fit, not how their government or teachers see fit and adults should do their best to protect kids' innocence, to let them have a childhood devoid of adult delusions lol. Also I've always felt we as adults should be able to have open dialog without feeling offended or attacked if that is not the intent of the individuals engaged. Some conversations are hard to hear sometimes though also sometimes needed.
View attachment 1457136
Well that's exactly what we used to call a Liberal. Trouble is that the Democrat Party is full of Leftists now, and that's an entirely different animal. You sound like what we now call a Classic Liberal. As a Moderate Conservative, I used to find that I agreed with Moderate (now Classic) Liberals on 80% of the issues. Most of the other issues, we wanted the same things but disagreed on how to go about addressing them. My how the times have changed.

Well that's exactly what we used to call a Liberal. Trouble is that the Democrat Party is full of Leftists now, and that's an entirely different animal. You sound like what we now call a Classic Liberal. As a Moderate Conservative, I used to find that I agreed with Moderate (now Classic) Liberals on 80% of the issues. Most of the other issues, we wanted the same things but disagreed on how to go about addressing them. My how the times have changed.
Exactly. The reality of human nature and society is you have to make concessions, or compromise. No matter how you align yourself there will always be those who disagree with you. Their not bad people nor are they wrong. There has to be middle ground that both sides can meet at or else society is less than efficient or pleasurable for either side.

@Longwalkhome also used the capitol "G" god which is a very specific god and the Declaration of Independence uses the phrase "by their Creator". The is no God in any of the founding documents despite what the fringe groups think

Exactly. The reality of human nature and society is you have to make concessions, or compromise. No matter how you align yourself there will always be those who disagree with you. Their not bad people nor are they wrong. There has to be middle ground that both sides can meet at or else society is less than efficient or pleasurable for either side.
I read your examples of why the Democrat party is not your party, and wonder if you compromised and got the mandated jab? When the democrats demanded an injection of an unknown untested substance it pretty much closed the door to any open minded conversation. It's a red line that won't be crossed to allow any government to force the jab. I am sure there are plenty here that bent the knee to their master but obviously I am closed minded when it comes to survival.

Concession and compromise is for the work place and in public to get along in society. If you conceded in politics you give up your rights and compromise them away..

"Once people that called themselves "liberal" started saying trust the science without being able to question results which is part of the scientific process, said little kids could decide their gender and be given chemical castration medicine and all white people/police are racist and only whites could even be racist etc I decided I'm not that kind of liberal."

I read your examples of why the Democrat party is not your party, and wonder if you compromised and got the mandated jab? When the democrats demanded an injection of an unknown untested substance it pretty much closed the door to any open minded conversation. It's a red line that won't be crossed to allow any government to force the jab. I am sure there are plenty here that bent the knee to their master but obviously I am closed minded when it comes to survival.

Concession and compromise is for the work place and in public to get along in society. If you conceded in politics you give up your rights and compromise them away..

"Once people that called themselves "liberal" started saying trust the science without being able to question results which is part of the scientific process, said little kids could decide their gender and be given chemical castration medicine and all white people/police are racist and only whites could even be racist etc I decided I'm not that kind of liberal."
Heck naw I didn't get the jab.

All anyone can do is vote the way they feel necessary but in the end you'll never get 100% of what you wanted. Hell you'll be lucky to get half of what you wanted.

You can learn to live with it or constantly be bitter about it. I myself am about 50/50, bitter but coping lol.

Those were Leftists. A very different and very cucked breed. But I'm with you on not forcing a treatment on folks, especially as it hadn't been properly tested. Pluss, they had to change the definition of a vaccine so that they could still call it one. That should have turned most of the country against them, but it didn't. Weird.

Heck naw I didn't get the jab.

All anyone can do is vote the way they feel necessary but in the end you'll never get 100% of what you wanted. Hell you'll be lucky to get half of what you wanted.

You can learn to live with it or constantly be bitter about it. I myself am about 50/50, bitter but coping lol.
It's nice to see some intelligent thinking that has looked at the big picture and decided the party was no longer his.

So was it plain common sense with some moral background that showed the light or was it somebody was nice to you and showed you how to shoot? Maybe your answer will get others to thinking. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top