JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just by looking at the trends in the various marketplaces I am wanting more .22 ammo than anything else aside from food. Everybody has various opinions on hunting rifles, battle rifles and side arms creating an array of multiple calibers. But the universal caliber seems to be .22LR. Seems that most people are willing trade caliber "X" for .22LR. As a barter item it makes perfect sense, you carry a little and it has a high value. You can't manufacture it nor reload it. I am buying .22LR by the cases once and if the prices subside.

What is in your list of to buy once (if) the craziness subsides?

SF-

I plan on buying a bubblegumload of the complete range of 0.224" bullets and appropriate powder for .223 reloading. I already have an extreme stock of .22LR, 30 cal and 9mm bullets, primers, and powder for 300 Blackout and .38 Super.

Just replace a bit of what I have been using. While I know there is a shortage I have not felt any effects yet. Would take a lot longer then this little blip or the past few we have had.

Getting stocked up is not as hard or as expensive as it seems. Don't rush out to buy 10K of everything you shoot, you will go broke. If you see a deal buy a case or two. Whenever you go shooting buy more then what you plan on shooting and put part of that ammo away in the "don't touch pile". The ammo in the don't touch pile is for times like these. So you buy a 250rd pack of ammo put 100rds away and the other 150rds is for shooting. When you get low on the 150rds do it again. If you shop at a store like WM or Bimart every time you shop throw one box of ammo in the cart.

Before long you will be finding ammo you forgot you had.

Going to be buying...

-more .22lr, .223, .308, 9mm, .45acp, and 12 gauge 2-3/4" 00 buck
-some .300aac blackout subsonic ammo
-Winchest 94 trapper in .44mag
-more saiga 12 mags (mostly AGP 10 rounders)
-51t adapters for the rest of my rifles I'd like to use my suppressor on
-losts more AR-10 mags
-a 14.5" noveske barrel in 6.8 spc
-a few lowers
-glock 20sf

Maybe some more 10mm ammo (only because I'm still trying to figure out what I want to use in that gun). Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty well-set in terms of guns/ammo/magazines/etc.

More primers, powder, bullets, some .22LR to replace my stock I've been shooting, some more .223 so I can actually go back to shooting my AR, some more 7.62x39 so I can actually start shooting my AK. Also might buy the first used Glock 19 I see that is back at $450 where it belongs...

I think if you had 20k 22lr you would be set for a long time.
Set with food,booze,cigs,cigars,water,gasoline.
I have been helping out at the local shop and every day,at least 10 people come in for 22lr,223 and 9mm.
Every day I wish I'd bought more ammo and powder.

Definitely. 22lr and. 223, I have half an AR and two .22s, and no ammo for either except for 35 rounds of. 22. Also like more 9mm so I can practice more with my pistol. Just waiting for my backordered upper for the AR, didn't overpay for any of those parts. Oh, probably going to get an AK47, feel like I should have that to go with the AR15, lol!

Definitely more ammo. I thought I was keeping a pretty good stock until all this madness, now I'm reevaluating all of my preps...food, water, medical supplies, toiletries, everything. If what has happened with the ammo ever happens with any of the other necessities of life there will be a lot of people in really bad shape in a hurry. Just look at what happens wherever there is a natural disaster. People descend on stores like locusts and the shelves are emptied in hours, and once those shelves are empty that's all their is until supply lines can be reestablished...maybe days, maybe weeks, maybe longer. I have a one to two month stock of many items now, but will be looking at expanding that in the months to come.

I recently took the plunge and bought some fish sulfa as a topical anti-biotic (for my fish) the quantity is very small, packed in foil pouch. Of course I have no idea how pure it is or even if it is sulfa at all but as it is a topical I figured I'd risk the $40. The internal Fish-Mox is a Big ? it could have been made in China and loaded with Lord knows what impurities. Better to keep the edocrine system in tip-top shape than risk swallowing mercury, unless dat's what your into

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top