JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The thread title kind of says it: where do you acquire radio equipment, parts, supplies, etc., these days? Any you avoid?

I've restarted a radio network project that has been put off way too long, but sometimes one has to deal with the crises of the moment first. I've got, I think, all the transceivers and repeater I'll be working with, but now I'm tracking down antennas and small parts. There's a few vendors I've used over the years, and will likely again, but figured I'd toss it out there. :)

I buy a lot of antennas from The Antenna Farm, unless I am using a Panorama on a mobile install, then they are a custom order. I buy actual radios from Ozborn Communitcations in Mississippi. I do mostly commercial/industrial land mobile.

Very irritating also when he gets on his 'sad ham' accusations.
Lemme guess…. You're a HAM operator? :s0108:

You do realize that he's poking at the nerdy idjuts that take themselves too seriously and spout BS in the comment section, yeah? ;):D

IMG_1552.jpeg

Lemme guess…. You're a HAM operator?
Uh, good guess. KJ7ZNH is my call sign (I have posted it before)
You do realize that he's poking at the nerdy idjuts that take themselves too seriously and spout BS in the comment section, yeah?
Yes, I realize this however his 'poking' is not entirely justified as he is over exemplifying the 'nerdy idjuts' he describes with his 'sad ham' comments.

There are no doubt a few like this, however it is mostly with some of the older HAMS, who still live in a very 'strict' (and somewhat antiquated) past, not unlike a lot of things.

Quite frankly, this one of my favorite channels guy comes off a little creepy and bizarre in the way he describes the 'sad hams' he seems to be obsessed with.

Last Edited:
Uh, good guess. KJ7ZNH is my call sign (I have posted it before)

Yes, I realize this however his 'poking' is not entirely justified as he is over exemplifying the 'nerdy idjuts' he describes with his 'sad ham' comments.

There are no doubt a few like this, however it is mostly with some of the older HAMS, who still live in a very 'strict' (and somewhat antiquated) past, not unlike a lot of things.

Quite frankly, this one of my favorite channels guy comes off a little creepy and bizarre in the way he describes the 'sad hams' he seems to be obsessed with.

Well, I think his humor and sarcasm is hilarious, but I'm sure Randy (that's his name) would call you a Happy Ham if he knew you were crazy-fond about lemon-pepper like you are!

;) :D

Well, I think his humor and sarcasm is hilarious, but I'm sure Randy (that's his name) would call you a Happy Ham if he knew you were crazy-fond about lemon-pepper like you are!
LOL! This is a possibility!

Well, if ya ever get down this way give me a call and we'll meet and discuss it.

Dinner and first round is on me and the rest is on you.

Uppity bar and grill or road house - you decide!

LOL! This is a possibility!

Well, if ya ever get down this way give me a call and we'll meet and discuss it.

Dinner and first round is on me and the rest is on you.

Uppity bar and grill or road house - you decide!
Careful bro, you'll never be the same after a night like that!

;) :s0140:

Actually, I'm pretty tame and polite in person…. until I'm not, that is. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR