JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Why wouldn't you expect a factual, positive story from NPR. They are certainly much more "fair and balanced" than Fox.

Because they tend to lean very left. As to what FOX would put out I'll take your word for it I don't listen to anything on a Fox Network channel that I know of. I listen to NPR to have an Idea what the other side is up to.

Because they tend to lean very left. As to what FOX would put out I'll take your word for it I don't listen to anything on a Fox Network channel that I know of. I listen to NPR to have an Idea what the other side is up to.

"the other side." That's a hoot. This political polarization is a cheap trick. Like they say,
"The world is divided into two types of people, the righteous and the unrighteous - with the righteous doing the dividing."

I can get the wife to shoot, even to carry - but I can't get her to care. Everybody has the will to survive and win the combat once the game is on. But the winner is usually the one who had the will to prepare to win.

Train, practice, remain aware.

According to my own personal evaluations, I would agree with those who would observe that NPR seems to lean to the left. Just as according to my own personal summarizations, I would agree that FOX seems to lean to the right. And, my own political views very often agree (and very often disagree) with each organization's presentation of individual issues. I am "crew-cut nearly John Bircher right-wing" in many of my political leanings, just as on other issues I could very easily be labled a "stinking pacifist granola hippie". The fastest way to get me to "dumb down" my political conversations with anyone is to hear them strictly and wide-sweepingly categorize groups of people into "the liberals", or "those right-wingers" (usually coming from someone who allows oneself to be swept up in having others create a set of beliefs for them).

Having personally been a direct victim of media outlets' slanting of a story, I listen to any presentation with severe skepticism, and try to imagine what the other side of the story might be (even if the presentation on face value seems to fully support my beliefs).

And so, I agree with Mark W's strategy of listening to NPR (AND FOX) but not to find out "what the other side is up to", but rather to find out "what each extreme end is up to". And so, I also share chemist's aversion to political polarization. This does not make me a "fence-sitter", but on the contrary, allows me to educate myself toward whether I will align myself definitively on a particular issue with the John Bircher OR the stinking hippie sitting on my shoulder and whispering into my ear.

9. All political discussion must be directly related to firearms, gun rights, or the second amendment.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads