JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets watch out for blanket statements and over used generalizations.
Saying that all cops.. is just the same saying that all gun owners...

Please remember that not every law enforcement officer is the "Bad Apple" or that every agency is full of the many bad examples that lots of folks can cite from experience or the news media.

I have no doubt that every law enforcement agency has a least one sub-par officer...or that it might need improvement in a area or two....Name me any company or organization that doesn't have this issue as well...
But it does a huge injustice to the law enforcement professionals to blame them as a whole with blanket statements.
Andy

Lets watch out for blanket statements and over used generalizations.
Saying that all cops.. is just the same saying that all gun owners...

Please remember that not every law enforcement officer is the "Bad Apple" or that every agency is full of the many bad examples that lots of folks can cite from experience or the news media.

I have no doubt that every law enforcement agency has a least one sub-par officer...or that it might need improvement in a area or two....Name me any company or organization that doesn't have this issue as well...
But it does a huge injustice to the law enforcement professionals to blame them as a whole with blanket statements.
Andy

Oh,
I guess you must think it is just better to hide and sweep everything bad under the carpet. The truth is the Truth! These are not isolated issues, and people need to make changes for better, not for difference.....
Thank You!

I am all for the truth...and pointing out areas that need work or improvement.
I am not interested in "sweeping things under the rug"...or whitewashing etc...

That said I do not like "blanket statements" and over used generalizations.
The phrasing "All cops... " is just the same as saying All gun owners..."
In each case the statement that follows may not be true for all.
Andy
Oh,
I guess you must think it is just better to hide and sweep everything bad under the carpet. The truth is the Truth! These are not isolated issues, and people need to make changes for better, not for difference.....
Thank You!

I am all for the truth...and pointing out areas that need work or improvement.
I am not interested in "sweeping things under the rug"...or whitewashing etc...

That said I do not like "blanket statements" and over used generalizations.
The phrasing "All cops... " is just the same as saying All gun owners..."
In each case the statement that follows may not be true for all.
Andy

Hey Andy,
This is either an open forum for peoples discussions or not. If you want to provide censorship, then what is the purpose of it. I made a legitimate statement based on other peoples statements made about cops stopping people with there attitudes.... Why are you so against the truth. No one said all cops were bad... You said that I did not! You may be a staff member, but it is not right for you to censor others based on that.
Life is not about everything always being good! Sometimes things are not so good.

Larry243

"The problem is..
All these cops work for a pay check"

That is how your post started... ( #140 )
I have a issue with blanket statements...How would you or anyone know just why every ( all ) people choose a job as a cop?
The use of the word "all" means that it applies to everyone and everything...which may not be true in this case.
That and the many generalizations in the post ( #140 ) is what I find objectionable.

You and anyone here are free to express the opinions you hold dear...
Just might want to refrain from blanket statements that are not true for everyone.
Andy

Andy

Well in that case then I think that Larry243's post # 142 is the biggest load of horse crap that I have read on here in the last several years and that his broad spectrum paint brush indictment of ALL police officers is nothing more than him trolling to get a response or debate started. I will just cut to the point and say in my opinion that Larry243 is completely full of crap.

"The problem is..
All these cops work for a pay check"

That is how your post started... ( #140 )
I have a issue with blanket statements...How would you or anyone know just why a person chooses a job as a cop?
The use of the word "all" means that it applies to everyone and everything...which may not be true in this case.
That and the many generalizations in the post is what I find objectionable.

Andy

Thank you for your very liberal analogy Andy. When people talk in general, they use words that are not always or necessarily analyzed before stating them. This is just a human trace, and does not require dissecting...
Since you want to censor, and I am not allowed to make a personal statement on an open discussion blog I may not return.. You need to search your thoughts Andy!

U-get it your way!

The problem is,
All these cop's
The use of 'all' makes everything that follows an absolute statement. You claim that ALL cops do the following:
First ) They did not join the force to exercise there civic duty ok,
OK, if you want to sound like a credible adult you need to take just a few minutes to learn the difference between there, their, and they're. The same is true for your, you're, and yore. I don't like to pick on grammar too much, but it really isn't hard to learn.
They are expected to go out and bust law breakers, create oppression, and try to install fear..
The word I think you're looking for in 'instill' fear, and that is not a universally true statement.
Everyone needs to understand that they will kill you if there boss says to.
Again, since you began with the word 'all' you are claiming this statement applies to all police officers. Do you have any objective evidence to back up this claim?

I won't bother with the rest because it's all as nonsensical as the above.

Yikes! @Larry243 , you having a bad day?

I personally know a meridian pd officer, who's a bigger guy and I'd not be surprised if he could run a four second fourty.

Anyways i think you're way off base here.

Since you want to censor, and I am not allowed to make a personal statement on an open discussion blog I may not return..
First I do not want to censor.
Second and more importantly you are allowed to make a personal statement on this forum...

I just made a remark in regards to your use of the word "all" and the many general statements in the post in question.
I am free to make my statement as well....if one doesn't like a statement one is free to refute , comment , make suggestions or even respectfully challenge the statement...

If you or anyone here feels that I overstepped or abused my powers as a staff member or broke a forum rule....I highly encourage you or anyone to report my doing so.
Andy

First I do not want to censor.
Second and more importantly you are allowed to make a personal statement on this forum...

I just made a remark in regards to your use of the word "all" and the many general statements in the post in question.
I am free to make my statement as well....if one doesn't like a statement one is free to refute , comment , make suggestions or even respectfully challenge the statement...

If you or anyone here feels that I overstepped or abused my powers as a staff member or broke a forum rule....I highly encourage you or anyone to report my doing so.
Andy
I say,
Enough is Enough!

Andy, you're a lot more polite about this than many would be. I guess I missed wherever you were trying to censor him. :)

Larry, I've seen bad cops in my time. I've witnessed a police officer trespass and assault a man in his own home, then witnessed his fellow officers write false reports and commit perjury in court to try to cover it up. I witnessed the court try to back them. I've seen about the worst and it's pretty scary. (It didn't happen to me; it was a relative.)

That said, I have some very good friends who are police officers. These are men who I trust implicitly, men I would trust with my life. They are honest, solid, church-going, freedom-loving family men, and I'm offended at the way you have painted all cops with a broad brush and slandered the reputation of some of the best human beings you could hope to meet. Yes, there are problems with some law enforcement, but I have to believe that the majority are good people doing a thankless job.

You don't happen to live in Hazzard County, do you? Maybe that's why you feel the way you do?

Last Edited:
Larry, I've seen bad cops in my time.
I've experienced bad cops in my time. Back when the open carry movement was beginning in WA I was on the gettin' end of a lot of bad-cop attitude and actions. One asshat told me that if he EVER heard about me openly carrying he would take the call, even if it wasn't dispatched to him, and confiscate my pistol, and that I would have have to petition a judge to get it back, which he assured me the judge would not do.

His Sargent asked him and he lied- completely denied he ever said that. Worse, his partner had to lie to cover for him.

I was scolded, lectured, cuffed, and more during those first couple years, and I still respect and admire the 99% of cops who do a tough job with integrity.

Andy, you're a lot more polite about this than many would be. I guess I missed wherever you were trying to censor him. :)

Larry, I've seen bad cops in my time. I've witnessed a police officer trespass and assault a man in his own home, then witnessed his fellow officers write false reports and commit perjury in court to try to cover it up. I witnessed the court try to back them. I've seen about the worst and it's pretty scary. (It didn't happen to me; it was a relative.)

That said, I have some very good friends who are police officers. These are men who I trust implicitly, men I would trust with my life. They are honest, solid, church-going, freedom-loving family men, and I'm offended at the way you have painted all cops with a broad brush and slandered the reputation of some of the best human beings you could hope to meet. Yes, there are problems with some law enforcement, but I have to believe that the majority are good people doing a thankless job.

You don't happen to live in Hazzard County, do you? Maybe that's why you feel the way you do?

Please,
Don't justify the bad by what some good is being done. Many police and law enforcement officers are either on the take, selling drugs, or brutally injuring people. Where is your out-cry about those things? My grandfather was killed by a California Hwy Patrol officer on I-5 in northern California because he was removing his suitcase from the trunk of a car that he had just had an accident in on the freeway. The officer was was charged with being under the influence of some type of drugs while being on duty. The family never received any restitution or apology for killing him. My sister was beat up in Portland Oregon for having a sign at a protest about sexual conduct of the Portland Mayor. Her face was scared for life, and she was a very pretty young women, and never will be free of the scar ever. She was totally behind a barricade with a sign when they charged the people with clubs. They bashed her in the face knocking 3 teeth out that also cut her face from the club.
I am trying to show that just because someone is a cop, does not indicate they are a good one. Don't be so fast to justify the bad doings for the good doings. Hopefully these things never happen to you that would change you perspective. It depends on what side of the fence you are on.

My daughter and Grandfather were also a loving human beings

You just made our point for us. I don't justify the bad because of the good. I've seen the bad, as you have, and it's ugly and scary and should not happen, but at the same time there are also many good people in law enforcement doing a good job for the right reasons. Please don't condemn them because of the actions of some jerks who shouldn't be wearing a badge.

Thank you for your very liberal analogy Andy. When people talk in general, they use words that are not always or necessarily analyzed before stating them. This is just a human trace, and does not require dissecting...
Since you want to censor, and I am not allowed to make a personal statement on an open discussion blog I may not return.. You need to search your thoughts Andy!

U-get it your way!
Good riddance...an open forum is not the place to seek the counseling you obviously need

You just made our point for us. I don't justify the bad because of the good. I've seen the bad, as you have, and it's ugly and scary and should not happen, but at the same time there are also many good people in law enforcement doing a good job for the right reasons. Please don't condemn them because of the actions of some jerks who shouldn't be wearing a badge.

My point exactly.... in reverse!

@Larry243,

Since this is an open forum, I am going to say that you are in possession of a bad attitude. Was going to ask you why... maybe you just moved from Calif and like to go out an bust heads while wearing a black mask, etc. Or maybe you previously lived in Ruby Ridge or something. But hey Nampa is not known for being the home of such radicals. Of course I hear all kinds of scum are moving in.

Like many relatives of officer involved shooting, etc, you scream a lot. Have you ever wondered if the so called vics did something that warranted action by the LEOs? Maybe you ought to move to Ferguson where your attitude would be more in keeping with the locals.

BTW, I think your posting in all blue is almost as obnoxious as your thoughts. Also your habit of putting some things in a larger font. Maybe you could control yourself just a little?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top