JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has there been anything else in the news about this since it happened? I have to hope the one who fired is no longer carrying a gun. if they do allow him to carry he is a major law suit going somewhere to happen. The woman trying to narrate what happened reminds me of Baghdad Bob saying nothing was going on as US tanks are rolling in behind him. I have to hope she was ordered to stand there and make a fool of herself, that she did not do it willingly. I would also be VERY curious to know when that LEO was hired. I would bet money recently. He got VERY damn lucky this time that he did not kill someone or he would be looking at prison time. Body Cams are a GREAT tool. They protect those who should be protected and weed out those who should never have had the job.

jgv76.jpg

My dude's home brewed trigger job.

Notice gun goes off as the light goes on. Interlimb response. Also, the surprised look on the officer's face. Who should be fired is the captain saying the person took a shooting stance AFTER looking at the video with the guy's hands up. I have grace for officers making mistakes under pressure but not so much for administrators like this. The officer didn't say anything about the fighting stance but said he thought he was pointing something at him...which is it? I appreciate that they release the video, but you can't say one thing but show a video that clearly shows something else. Well, you can, but not very bright.

And yes...this is why Sigs are shooting all by themselves. :cool:

Notice gun goes off as the light goes on. Interlimb response. Also, the surprised look on the officer's face. Who should be fired is the captain saying the person took a shooting stance AFTER looking at the video with the guy's hands up. I have grace for officers making mistakes under pressure but not so much for administrators like this. The officer didn't say anything about the fighting stance but said he thought he was pointing something at him...which is it? I appreciate that they release the video, but you can't say one thing but show a video that clearly shows something else. Well, you can, but not very bright.

Reminds me of these stupid things...
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/mak...ted-trigger/FC-879015000745.html?pr_rd_page=2

What could possible go wrong? "Light 'em up" BAM..."No, wait not that kind of 'light 'em up" Derp da derp, "I guess I pulled the wrong trigger."

:s0012:

And I know that was a dig at all the SIG haters...

...but I've apparently developed an expectation around here that I'm s'posed to throw out the Walking Tall emoji whenever someone rags on SIGs firing off uncommanded. It's kind of de rigueur for me here, now... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
OK, I gotcha. I purged that stupid memory. Yep that was the problem. :s0140:
If it was double action he wouldn't have been able to ND. It's a tool issue. Not a training issue…….

I should also work on purging a lot of the dumb sh!t I read here. Haha.

That looked like an ND to me.

And I know that was a dig at all the SIG haters...

...but I've apparently developed an expectation around here that I'm s'posed to throw out the Walking Tall emoji whenever someone rags on SIGs firing off uncommanded. It's kind of de rigueur for me here, now... :rolleyes:
Since many of us on this thread have been on the couple of other Sig / ND / Glock / Safeties vs no Safeties threads I just thought I would throw that in here. But sincerely, this is a good video example of what is really happening imho with most of the NDs from all types of firearms. Light goes on, gun shoots. Doesn't always happen but it is a risk, especially if you have a finger on your trigger hand activating something...my old department found this out the hard way. This is just one of the types of examples.

Just corresponded with a friend of mine who was tasked with investigating a few dozen AD/NDs and I hope to post more soon about his findings. He said in EVERY case there was some type of distraction going on with the person.

My SIGs are all DA/SA, so no safety, and less chance of a negligent or accidental discharge. Just pointing out that not all SIGs are striker fired polymer handguns.

The only negligent discharge I've witnessed as a 1911 style pistol (SA with safety) where the person holding the pistol assumed it wasn't loaded, when it was and he intentionally pulled the trigger. Fortunately no one was injured.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top