JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is fairly typical.

I have noticed this is pretty much the pattern with news sites. They mostly get their news from AP/Reuters/et. al., and it is usually the same article, almost verbatim. Nothing suspicious there except maybe plagiarism or copyright infringement.

Half or more of the posts I make here are links to news articles. Almost every morning I read news from the Google & Yahoo news aggregation sites. Occasionally I come across news that I think would be interesting to NWFA members and I post it here.
Maybe all the reports they used to rely on learned to code or something

Yes. With each day that goes by, I want to fly less and less...
I feel that way but it has nothing to do with the plane going down. Its the way the TSA has turned what was mildly annoying into something to dread. Wife flew back to Midwest bit ago and enjoyed it. She paid for 1st class though. So I guess next time we fly I will just pay the extra and try that. Pay for the quick screen and fist class. She said the quick screen thing had her feeling daggers in her back as she breezed past a HUGE line of people. So what the hell may be worth paying for the bells and whistles and not being my normal cheap self :s0140:

I feel that way but it has nothing to do with the plane going down. Its the way the TSA has turned what was mildly annoying into something to dread. Wife flew back to Midwest bit ago and enjoyed it. She paid for 1st class though. So I guess next time we fly I will just pay the extra and try that. Pay for the quick screen and fist class. She said the quick screen thing had her feeling daggers in her back as she breezed past a HUGE line of people. So what the hell may be worth paying for the bells and whistles and not being my normal cheap self :s0140:
I had TSA pre-✔️when I was travelling back and forth regularly to Afghanistan 10+ years ago. Really loved breezing by the Masses of the Great Unwashed. But that deployment ended in 2014 and a subsequent one to Saudi Arabia ended in 2015. During those years, even though I had pre-✔️, I actually thought about getting Global Entry (cuz you don't even have to submit to Customs!), but they wanted an in-person appointment and those were months out. I could not guarantee that I would be stateside when those appointments were to be kept, so I skipped getting GE. After a couple years, I lost my pre-✔️ privileges cuz I didn't fly enough anymore to keep them up. Then, more recently, my ex-wife was doing a lot of air travel with our kids as each of them went on college tours. She eventually got the new Clear, which is faster than pre-✔️. The thing I didn't like about Clear is that you submit to a facial recognition and retina scan as your verification of identity. The whole Star Trek-iness of it turned me off. Now, I'll wait through the lines with the rest of the Great Unwashed before I submit to retina scans, thankyouverymuch...

I had TSA pre-✔️when I was travelling back and forth regularly to Afghanistan 10+ years ago. Really loved breezing by the Masses of the Great Unwashed. But that deployment ended in 2014 and a subsequent one to Saudi Arabia ended in 2015. During those years, even though I had pre-✔️, I actually thought about getting Global Entry (cuz you don't even have to submit to Customs!), but they wanted an in-person appointment and those were months out. I could not guarantee that I would be stateside when those appointments were to be kept, so I skipped getting GE. After a couple years, I lost my pre-✔️ privileges cuz I didn't fly enough anymore to keep them up. Then, more recently, my ex-wife was doing a lot of air travel with our kids as each of them went on college tours. She eventually got the new Clear, which is faster than pre-✔️. The thing I didn't like about Clear is that you submit to a facial recognition and retina scan as your verification of identity. The whole Star Trek-iness of it turned me off. Now, I'll wait through the lines with the rest of the Great Unwashed before I submit to retina scans, thankyouverymuch...
Having recently travelled to Europe, I can tell you that facial recognition is widespread, and apparently they use it to prescreen you. After being "scanned" the first time, both Customs and Screening were practically a wave-through. Of course, I'm old and crippled, so I don't meet the dangerous profiles.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews