JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Article does not say what the reason for the threat was other than a desire to not divert. Therefore I cannot make any judgements on if the threat was justified or not. :rolleyes:

Article does not say what the reason for the threat was other than a desire to not divert. Therefore I cannot make any judgements on if the threat was justified or not. :rolleyes:
Well he refused to get his covid vaccine so CLEARLY he was a LUNATIC! Call the damn authorities this guys a maniac!
:rolleyes:

Is there ever going to be a time we stop hearing about the plandemic and vaccines?

Guy must have had some really hot date waiting for him to get that bent out of shape over being diverted. :s0140:
Exactly. How are you supposed to weigh the chance to get laid against some guy in the back who is probably going to die anyway?

"divert for a medical emergency", threatens to shoot multiple times ? WOW, how does that even become a reason for such 'priviledged' behavior?
Dropping the sarcasm, it seems to be becoming an ingrained part of our culture. Destruction of family values, an offloading of personal responsibility and civic duty onto the government, an extreme focus on personal satisfaction to the exclusion of all else. . . Eventually people just stop seeing others as, well, other people. We see this kind of behavior all over the place, just typically on a smaller scale. Think of all the times we hear about assaults in public places and no one does anything, even lift a finger to notify authorities. They just want to get to where they are going with minimal hassle too. This guy just took a more active role in the process; instead of sitting passively ignoring the emergency he made it clear that he did not want to be inconvenienced by it, with complete disregard not only for the victim, but the people responding as well.

That is my basic assumption anyway. I will be really curious to see if the guy has some shred of a reasonable excuse for this behavior. Joke that got taken way too far? He though their intended destination had better medical facilities than the divert? He thought the passenger was faking it? I am not really willing to cut the guy any slack even if he did think he had a good excuse in his head, but it would still be interesting to know what he was thinking.

I dunno if there is an agenda in play, but.... "Dunn then allegedly "told the captain they would be shot multiple times" if the flight was diverted..." sounds more like a warning of a perceived danger rather than a direct threat from Dunn to the pilot.

Lacking any details on their flight plan makes a guy wonder if it was a foreign flight and the proposed diversion destination might not have been "hostile"(??) Not disclosing the flight origin and destination seems highly irregular. Would doing so change the narrative(?) IE., The guy having served in Afghanistan might have been terrified of landing in a perceived hostile country. Possibly one known to be prone to taking Americans hostage(??)

I'm not defending the guy so much as with all the fanfare of his case and his attempted refusal of getting poked appearing in nearly every single article regarding his case makes you wonder if the public isn't being served a one sided narrative.

On the other hand, people be crazy these days! He very well mighta just been one of the bonkered. The omissions and degree they appear to be pumping a canned narrative into the public eye.... I remain open to skepticism.

Last Edited:
I dunno if there is an agenda in play, but.... "Dunn then allegedly "told the captain they would be shot multiple times" if the flight was diverted..." sounds more like a warning of a perceived danger rather than a direct threat from Dunn to the pilot.

Lacking any details on their flight plan makes a guy wonder if if was a foreign flight and the proposed diversion destination might not have been "hostile"(??) Not disclosing the flight origin and destination seems highly irregular. Would doing so change the narrative(?) IE., The guy having served in Afghanistan might have been terrified of landing in a perceived hostile country. Possibly one known to be prone to taking Americans hostage(??)

I'm not defending the guy so much as with all the fanfare of his case and his attempted refusal of getting poked appearing in nearly every single article regarding his case makes you wonder if the public isn't being served a one sided narrative.

On the other hand, people be crazy these days! He very well mighta just been one of the bonkered. The omissions and degree they appear to be pumping a canned narrative into the public eye.... I remain open to skepticism.
Fair points. I think we have all just seen enough craziness that nothing is surprising anymore. The Babylon Bee was supposed to be a satire site, now they just predict tomorrow's news.

Lacking any details on their flight plan makes a guy wonder if it was a foreign flight and the proposed diversion destination might not have been "hostile"(??) Not disclosing the flight origin and destination seems highly irregular. Would doing so change the narrative(?) IE., The guy having served in Afghanistan might have been terrified of landing in a perceived hostile country. Possibly one known to be prone to taking Americans hostage(??)

I think it's more likely they are withholding flight information to protect the privacy of the person that was ill 🤔

As for nearly every single article mentioning anything, didn't you notice that there is really only ONE article and all the news agencies are just running the same story they pulled off the wire?

I think it's more likely they are withholding flight information to protect the privacy of the person that was ill 🤔

As for nearly every single article mentioning anything, didn't you notice that there is really only ONE article and all the news agencies are just running the same story they pulled off the wire?
That's pretty "thin" reasoning... and seemingly irrelevant. Some nameless someone with some nameless medical issue on an unspecified date somewhere among the 100's of 1000's of daily commercial flights(?) 🤔

I did notice the reruns, but that just leads more toward.... why? Who's tagging the story "run this"? It lacks much of any substance and, from a skeptics perspective, might read more like a... "Those that refuse the poke are radical dissidents and inherently detrimental to society. See!" narrative.:D

That's pretty "thin" reasoning... and seemingly irrelevant. Some nameless someone with some nameless medical issue on an unspecified date somewhere among the 100's of 1000's of daily commercial flights(?) 🤔

I did notice the reruns, but that just leads more toward.... why? Who's tagging the story "run this"? It lacks much of any substance and, from a skeptics perspective, might read more like a... "Those that refuse the poke are radical dissidents and inherently detrimental to society. See!" narrative.:D
ok

That is fairly typical.

I have noticed this is pretty much the pattern with news sites. They mostly get their news from AP/Reuters/et. al., and it is usually the same article, almost verbatim. Nothing suspicious there except maybe plagiarism or copyright infringement.

Half or more of the posts I make here are links to news articles. Almost every morning I read news from the Google & Yahoo news aggregation sites. Occasionally I come across news that I think would be interesting to NWFA members and I post it here.

Exactly. How are you supposed to weigh the chance to get laid against some guy in the back who is probably going to die anyway?

Dropping the sarcasm, it seems to be becoming an ingrained part of our culture. Destruction of family values, an offloading of personal responsibility and civic duty onto the government, an extreme focus on personal satisfaction to the exclusion of all else. . . Eventually people just stop seeing others as, well, other people. We see this kind of behavior all over the place, just typically on a smaller scale. Think of all the times we hear about assaults in public places and no one does anything, even lift a finger to notify authorities. They just want to get to where they are going with minimal hassle too. This guy just took a more active role in the process; instead of sitting passively ignoring the emergency he made it clear that he did not want to be inconvenienced by it, with complete disregard not only for the victim, but the people responding as well.

That is my basic assumption anyway. I will be really curious to see if the guy has some shred of a reasonable excuse for this behavior. Joke that got taken way too far? He though their intended destination had better medical facilities than the divert? He thought the passenger was faking it? I am not really willing to cut the guy any slack even if he did think he had a good excuse in his head, but it would still be interesting to know what he was thinking.
I had to laugh at the first part (the sarcastic part) of your post. Hence, the addition of the HaHa emoji. For the second part, I agree with you.

This is one in about 16 million flights per year. I think the odds are still in your favor.
Indeed!

full.gif

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany