JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just read through this whole thread. Wow, what a bunch of stuff I missed.

Summary of my thoughts:

Most LE's are good people that truly care about protecting the public and going home safely to their family each day.

Some LE's are bad, and those need to be dealt with.

If I have an encounter with an LE, I'm respectful and polite, and I do expect the same in return. I've never had an encounter like the OP, but that little action would have irritated me. I would have remained respectful and reported the incident to his superiors.

Mods have a tough job, and on this forum are often accused, incorrectly, of bias or censorship. My experience is that that is rarely the case, and if it's suspected, can be addressed to Joe Link directly. I appreciate what they do and wouldn't want to be in that position myself.

Lastly, I am 100% in agreement with the mods' comments regarding blanket statements. Not only does it create division, it lessens the credibility of a person's argument. It shows a lack of recognition of the reality of who LE's are. I've known many over the years, and not one are as was described by one particular member. Best to stick with facts and specific incidents rather than indicting an entire class of people based on your personal interactions.

"This was the 4th or 5th time I've been pulled over while carrying, this I feel crossed a line."

Very odd.

Just wondering how many other members here have been pulled over 4 or 5 times while carrying?

Sounds like there is more to the story.
Now Now what are you doing in the first place getting pulled over 4-5 times in the first place........
JK I was just pulled over last night and he just asked what and where I was carrying. And it was for going 68-69 mph to get to the gas station before it closed, well didn't make it in time if anyone wants to know.

This is my biggest fear about carry a gun. GETTING PULLED OVER. Whats the best thing to do to make them happy in every situation?
If there nervous that they know you have it, you very easily could have a gun pointed at you. If you lie to them and they find out, they are then pissed. If you reach for it----good luck. Really what do you do to keep your self out of the B.S. and still be able to carry in your car?

This is my biggest fear about carry a gun. GETTING PULLED OVER. Whats the best thing to do to make them happy in every situation?
If there nervous that they know you have it, you very easily could have a gun pointed at you. If you lie to them and they find out, they are then pissed. If you reach for it----good luck. Really what do you do to keep your self out of the B.S. and still be able to carry in your car?

Hands on the steering wheel at 10 and 2! Be polite and follow directions. Never have your wallet where your pistol is and have all the documentation ready when they get to your car.

Its not that difficult unless your a felon then I would suggest that you don't carry! :confused:o_O

I was just riding my bicycle this morning when I got stopped by Eugene PD. He was very polite and asked for my ID, which I promptly gave him. He asked me why I was wearing gloves,of all things, and I replied that when I left for my ride this morning, it was chilly, and my hands get cold easy. He explained that a bunch of people were reporting burglaries off of the bike path I just came off of, and he was just checking on the area. ( It doesn't help that I dress like a Homeless guy when I ride.) When he saw my local address on my ID, he apologized for "hassling" me, and started talking about my route, and what sights were around, because his wife is after him to start riding bicycles together. Then, "the question", are you carrying? I said "YES, I AM". He smiled, and said "Good", "smart guy". He then shook my hand and again apologized, then left to his usual duties. I didn't mind him stopping me, and all in all, it was a pleasant interaction. I'm glad they are looking out for my neighborhood.:)

I've pulled over folks with a CPL and been advised by them that they we're carrying, I only asked them where the gun was then asked them to keep their hands on the wheel during the stop. The Officers actions on your stop are curious though.

I've also been pulled over once while carrying and during that stop I did advise I was carrying, the Officer asked if I was going to shoot him, I looked at him funny and responded "No Sir". He smiled and said thank you for telling him and let me off with a warning.
That was unprofessional of the officer. I get it, everyone has a sense of humor sometimes. Joking with someone in that particular setting seems presumptuous and distasteful.

Has anyone ever noticed in the Washington State law books that there is one exception to being able to carry in a vehicle without a permit and that's when you are traveling to and from a gun show. You don't need a conceal permit to carry during that time.
I was very surprised to read that. Check it out when you have time.

Has anyone ever noticed in the Washington State law books that there is one exception to being able to carry in a vehicle without a permit and that's when you are traveling to and from a gun show. You don't need a conceal permit to carry during that time.
I was very surprised to read that. Check it out when you have time.
But can it be loaded and within reach of the driver?

I was pulled over today in Beaverton by a Washington County Sheriff on a motorcycle for running a yellowish-red light. I most definitely pushed the light and deserved to be pulled over. I wasn't wearing a coat which made me open carry. I wanted to avoid any misunderstandings so I immediately handed him my CHL along with my license as soon as he got to the window and said "I have to tell you I'm carrying on my right-hand side at three-o'clock.

This guy couldn't have been any cooler. He thanked me for letting him know, and even thanked me for carrying. He also thanked me for serving since I have veteran's plates on my rig. He let me know why he pulled me over, discussed that running yellow lights was a bad idea (which I agree with, the traffic on my current commute just gets to me sometimes), and let me off with a warning. Then he actually shot the breeze with me for a bit about my work and other topics. It turns out he is a veteran also (coast guard), so I had to mention that anyone in Oregon who fishes the coast appreciates the work they do.

I think I noted in another post that Sheriff's are generally pretty awesome (especially in Washington county), and I'll just go ahead and reiterate that point again.

I was pulled over today in Beaverton by a Washington County Sheriff on a motorcycle for running a yellowish-red light. I most definitely pushed the light and deserved to be pulled over. I wasn't wearing a coat which made me open carry. I wanted to avoid any misunderstandings so I immediately handed him my CHL along with my license as soon as he got to the window and said
I am still trying to figure out where the window was on your motorcycle.:rolleyes:

I am still trying to figure out where the window was on your motorcycle.:rolleyes:

:p
Capture.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top