Announcement Now Available! Northwest Firearms Lower Receivers

Discussion in 'Northwest Firearms Announcements' started by Joe Link, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Now Available! Northwest Firearms Lower Receivers

TAX RETURN SALE! $99 SHIPPED!

We're excited to announce that the first batch of Northwest Firearms lower receivers are now available for purchase!

Based on your feedback we've priced these lowers at $125 each (plus tax, unfortunately). A big thank you to those who were willing to pay more! All profit from the sale of these lowers (approximately $35/each) will go to the Northwest Firearms general fund, used for costs associated with our various outreach efforts and keeping this site online.

I personally can't wait to see what people build for these! I'm already thinking of ideas for the 'coolest build' contests :s0151: :s0048:

NWFA-AR15-Final.jpg

How To Buy

We've partnered with Northwest Firearms Supporting Vendor NW Custom Firearms for both engraving and sale of these lowers, offering in-store purchase or shipping to an FFL near you.

Due to the limited number of these available, we are currently limiting purchases to one lower per member. Post in this thread once you make your purchase and let us know you got one. Be sure to get yours before they sell out! :)

Local Purchase

NW Custom Firearms shop is located at 6303 E. 18th St Ste C, Vancouver WA, 98661 and open Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM. Northwest Firearms (this site) will cover the cost of the background check / transfer and the 3% credit card fee.

Shipped Purchases

Non-local buyers can contact NW Custom Firearms via phone (360-334-7200), email (gunsmith@nwcustomfirearms.com), or private conversation here on NWFA (@NWCustomFirearms). Northwest Firearms (this site) will cover the cost of shipping to your local FFL and the 3% credit card fee. No tax for OR residents.

We are currently working out the logistics of packaging and shipping these lowers, so please be patient. We should begin shipping next week, but it may take a bit longer.

Lower Information

Manufactured by Anderson Manufacturing, these lowers were chosen for this initial batch for price and availability (these are getting scarce again!).

Lowers are laser engraved by NW Custom Firearms. With laser engraving, also known as "etching", the laser burns through the finish but does not cut into the metal. Check out their Laser Engraving Gallery for examples.

If you guys have any other questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
    Joe Link

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. cast n blast

cast n blast
    Toledo

Woohoo! Got the first one!

3. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I wish:(

Maybe one will be left for the next giveaway?

Congrats and great job!

4. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I didn't want to say anything but.....YES :)

We'll be holding several to use in upcoming giveaways ;)

Kennwdy492, Joe13 and FordPrefect like this.
  5. CHLChris

CHLChris
    Portland Metro East
    Love me some guns! Silver Supporter

A logistical question, an OR resident can just drive over and pick one up, correct? Will they be listed on the 4473 as just a receiver so we can go pistol or rifle?

6. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER
    Eugene
    Refugee from the People's Republic of Illinois Gold Supporter

This was discussed in an earlier thread, even though they are incomplete lowers, they could be a pistol in the future, so no go for driving from Oregon and picking up. We would have to ship to FFL and pay transfer fee.... Makes the lower $150... Unfortunate

Dyjital likes this.
  7. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Vancouver, WA
    Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

Unfortunately if you are an OR resident then we have to ship to an OR dealer. At that point there will be no taxes and shipping is covered. You would only have to cover whatever transfer on the OR side.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  8. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

Consider that it's about the same to get one from Seattle... $135.50 plus $15 transfer--and that's a *very* low transfer fee compared to what most Puget Sound area shops I've seen want...

And oh BTW, Vancouver sales tax is around eight and a half percent while up here in the Giant Toilet Bowl it's approaching TEN...

Dunno if I really count since I'm in a Pending Payment situation until I finish my shouting match with the damn beancounters tomorrow AM, but... hope I'm on the list. :)

Brutus57, Joe13 and MilitantBEEMER like this.
  9. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Vancouver, WA

lol Don't worry, after everything you are going through for one of these... you are on the list :)

10. IheartSig

IheartSig
    Beaverton

Joe13 and Joe Link like this.
  11. JedB

JedB
    PDX

So, on the form, you can't declare the lower as a rifle?

12. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Vancouver, WA

No I cannot, it is not a rifle or a handgun, it is a receiver which is classified as an "other". Long story short, I can ONLY transfer long guns to out of state residents. Since this is not classified as a long gun or has to go through a dealer in your state.

Oregon Quartermaster and Joe13 like this.
  13. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Crapper Gunsmith

@NWCustomFirearms Voicemail left, amigo.

Update for the crowd: Payment arranged, officially in the In Crowd now. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Brutus57, Joe13, IheartSig and 2 others like this.
  14. IheartSig

IheartSig
    Beaverton

I ordered mine today as well. Already have plans for a pacific northwest themed rifle. It's going to be fun.

Joe13 and Joe Link like this.
  15. kato pup dog

kato pup dog
    Hermiston

Very much a bummer we don't have a specified dealer for these in oregon. When you add in transfer fees on top of the purchase price, it kinda out prices itself. Especially adding in shipping and osp fees.:(

16. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms
    Vancouver, WA

Shipping is covered in the purchase price.

Joe13 likes this.
  17. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It sounds like you just have to pay the transfer and OSP fee that you would normally have to pay from an Oregon dealer...

18. kato pup dog

kato pup dog
    Hermiston

All depends on the dealer and your location. The dealers around me insist on a handling fee for receiving a firearm. No exactly idea...that's on top of the transfer and osp fee.

19. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver

Sucks to live in Hermiston it sounds like...

Dyjital and IheartSig like this.
  20. kato pup dog

kato pup dog
    Hermiston

Firearms are not affordable anymore. This sb941 thing has caused everything to go up.