JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now Available! Northwest Firearms Lower Receivers

$150 SHIPPED!

We're excited to announce that Northwest Firearms lower receivers are now available for purchase! This is a limited production run, once these are gone they're gone!

Based on your feedback we've priced these lowers at $150 each (plus tax, unfortunately). A big thank you to those who were willing to pay more! All profit from the sale of these lowers (approximately $35/each) will go to the Northwest Firearms general fund, used for costs associated with our various outreach efforts and keeping this site online.

I personally can't wait to see what people build for these! I'm already thinking of ideas for the 'coolest build' contests :s0151: :s0048:

NWFA-AR15-Final.jpg

How To Buy

We've partnered with Northwest Firearms Supporting Vendor NW Custom Firearms for both engraving and sale of these lowers, offering in-store purchase or shipping to an FFL near you.

Post in this thread once you make your purchase and let us know you got one!

Local Purchase

NW Custom Firearms shop is located at 6303 E. 18th St Ste C, Vancouver WA, 98661 and open Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM. Northwest Firearms (this site) will cover the cost of the background check / transfer and the 3% credit card fee.

Shipped Purchases

Non-local buyers can contact NW Custom Firearms via phone (360-334-7200), email ([email protected]), or private conversation here on NWFA (@NWCustomFirearms). Northwest Firearms (this site) will cover the cost of shipping to your local FFL and the 3% credit card fee. No tax for OR residents.

We are currently working out the logistics of packaging and shipping these lowers, so please be patient. We should begin shipping next week, but it may take a bit longer.

Lower Information

Manufactured by Anderson Manufacturing, these lowers were chosen for this initial batch for price and availability (these are getting scarce again!).

Stripped, Semi-Auto, Lower Receiver delivers Custom Shop quality without the typical Custom Shop price. Perfect Platform for building the Ultimate, Mission-Specific, AR-15 Rifle or Carbine. Made from a high-strength, 7075 T6 aluminum forging for reliable performance and outstanding durability. Mil-Spec, Hard Anodized finish adds extra strength to the receiver walls and delivers superior abrasion-resistance for rugged field use. Precision-machined to ensure drop-in installation of Mil-Spec, aftermarket components

Lowers are laser engraved by NW Custom Firearms. With laser engraving, also known as "etching", the laser burns through the finish but does not cut into the metal.

If you guys have any other questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Joe Link

A logistical question, an OR resident can just drive over and pick one up, correct? Will they be listed on the 4473 as just a receiver so we can go pistol or rifle?
This was discussed in an earlier thread, even though they are incomplete lowers, they could be a pistol in the future, so no go for driving from Oregon and picking up. We would have to ship to FFL and pay transfer fee.... Makes the lower $150... Unfortunate

Unfortunately if you are an OR resident then we have to ship to an OR dealer. At that point there will be no taxes and shipping is covered. You would only have to cover whatever transfer on the OR side.

This was discussed in an earlier thread, even though they are incomplete lowers, they could be a pistol in the future, so no go for driving from Oregon and picking up. We would have to ship to FFL and pay transfer fee.... Makes the lower $150... Unfortunate
Consider that it's about the same to get one from Seattle... $135.50 plus $15 transfer--and that's a *very* low transfer fee compared to what most Puget Sound area shops I've seen want...

And oh BTW, Vancouver sales tax is around eight and a half percent while up here in the Giant Toilet Bowl it's approaching TEN...

Dunno if I really count since I'm in a Pending Payment situation until I finish my shouting match with the damn beancounters tomorrow AM, but... hope I'm on the list. :)

Consider that it's about the same to get one from Seattle... $135.50 plus $15 transfer--and that's a *very* low transfer fee compared to what most Puget Sound area shops I've seen want...

And oh BTW, Vancouver sales tax is around eight and a half percent while up here in the Giant Toilet Bowl it's approaching TEN...

Dunno if I really count since I'm in a Pending Payment situation until I finish my shouting match with the damn beancounters tomorrow AM, but... hope I'm on the list. :)
lol Don't worry, after everything you are going through for one of these... you are on the list :)

So, on the form, you can't declare the lower as a rifle?
No I cannot, it is not a rifle or a handgun, it is a receiver which is classified as an "other". Long story short, I can ONLY transfer long guns to out of state residents. Since this is not classified as a long gun or has to go through a dealer in your state.

Very much a bummer we don't have a specified dealer for these in oregon. When you add in transfer fees on top of the purchase price, it kinda out prices itself. Especially adding in shipping and osp fees.:(

Very much a bummer we don't have a specified dealer for these in oregon. When you add in transfer fees on top of the purchase price, it kinda out prices itself. Especially adding in shipping and osp fees.:(

It sounds like you just have to pay the transfer and OSP fee that you would normally have to pay from an Oregon dealer...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews