JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I just want to be clear...

Under the "likes" feature at the bottom of the message you can still "like" the posting but there are a number of other options to choose from too...various faces and such.

I just want to be sure...the fact that there is no "middle finger" emoticon was a deliberate decision and not just an oversight?

Because a middle finger emoticon would be awesome!! ;):p:eek::s0023::s0140:

In all seriousness nice job with all this! Things seem to have gone pretty smoothly and I'm sure there were a lot of hours behind the scenes to pull this off. I think the new format looks great and I'm sure we'll all get used to the new quirks pretty quickly. :)

You're not alone. Candidly, this one of the few things I didn't like about the new versions. Likes are clear and friendly; reactions, well, kind of vague, in my humble opinion. Though, I suppose, I get the interest in a more nuanced feedback system, even if it doesn't resonate personally. (I looked into it months ago and it appears to be a core part of the new XF version, so I did not bring it up. Hardly the end of the world, of course. :))

If I'm going to be forced, when I look at alerts, to see "******** REACTED to you post", I would like to have an emoticon in the choices, when "Reacting", of a vomiting emoticon. There's some pretty sick shizzle from time to time around here. Shouldn't there should be an appropriate emoticon for such reactions?

Not liking being unable to edit my own posts after X amount of time.

I haven't experienced this ^^ yet. That sounds like a real PIA. I"m not much of a "Typtition", to coin a term. Not able to edit screw ups at a later time is a terrible idea.

The above is kinda a problem for me. When I close my ad, and don't put "SOLD" or "TRADED" at the top, I get messages asking about it even years after it is gone. Since I have started putting the above at the top of my ad, then closing it, I have not been asked about an item in a closed ad. I can live with the rule, if it needs to stay, but I will tick folks off when I reply "I was sold years ago, leave me the bubblegum alone!". :D

I think that what you're talking about is fine... I do the same thing. I believe their intent is to not have people delete the content of the ad and replace it with "SOLD" like some people will do. Or delete the asking price and replace it with SOLD. The hope is to have some means for a person to search and get an idea of what other similar items have sold for in the past.

Other options are to report the add and the mods will gladly help you out. I know that Joe is working feverishly to get the bugs worked out.

Oh, I can hardly imaging how hard Joe is working on this. Tough row to hoe for awhile I bet? He'll have the prints worn right of his fingers.

Man oh man, the bright white background is harsh...I'll ask SWBO if she can't dampen it as I'm not schooled in computer stuff...

As it is, I can't look at the site without eye strain.

Thanks!

Oh, I can hardly imaging how hard Joe is working on this. Tough row to hoe for awhile I bet? He'll have the prints worn right of his fingers.

There is a ton of work to do even for us mods now that this is up and running. We have to help Joe get everything where it is supposed to be and go through and edit every classified listing! :rolleyes:

We did this as a trial run over at SWFA and let me tell you it sucked. This site has way more users and way more listings it will take months.

Nice upgrade overall! Kudos to the entire crew as I'm sure it's a mountain to climb. :D

A couple of items to look at:

1) When posting a New Classified Ad. Under Manufacturer. Can you default to "Other/Not Listed", or have that appear at the top? The current pick list is limited (I'm sure it will expand later), and it's a P.I.T.A. to scroll all the way to the bottom for "Other/Not Listed".

2) When responding or commenting on a thread, is there a way to default "no email notification"? I had to "unwatch" a bunch of threads when 50+ emails showed up in my inbox announcing a new comment to various threads.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top