JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have until mid June to submit the paperwork. As of this morning, the petition is still going around and they do need more signatures.

They may be looking for volunteers to collect signatures on March 5th and 6th at the Albany gun show. If anyone has the time, please give them a call. <broken link removed>

Keep in mind, this has everything to do with gun control and taking away your rights. During the House session last week, several of the Dems made the point that the citizens couldn't handle any more confusion about ballot issues. This is how they take away your right to vote on 2A measures.

Keep in mind, this has everything to do with gun control and taking away your rights. During the House session last week, several of the Dems made the point that the citizens couldn't handle any more confusion about ballot issues. This is how they take away your right to vote on 2A measures.

It is pretty outrageous that they have such an extremely arrogant attitude like that. The Oregon State Constitution specifically has this provision in place so as to provide a check and a balance against the legislature going against the will of the people.

I do expect that this ballot measure effort to stop this abuse will fail, however. There seems to be very little money and organization being put behind it. The pro-gun community has nothing like the organization, manpower, and money that the anti-gunners have.

We are all doomed to lose our gun rights next year in Oregon. This is our one and only hope to stop that, and it seems to be getting very little traction.

15 senate seats, or half, as well as all the House seats are up for election this year. In addition, Oregon secretary of state and attorney general will be on the ballot.

If there was ever a time to get involved, this is it. Rolling over and saying that we're doomed, doesn't do us much good. Lance, you were all full of ***s and vinegar over another issue, yet seem to be resigned to defeat on issues where you can actually have an impact. What's up with that?

Keep in mind, we're not disinterested journalists here watching the town burn and the homes sacked. WE ARE the citizens and we have an opportunity to do something.

It isn't JUST a gun issue though, they do all kinds of bubblegum with the emergency clause. EVERYBODY should be for this measure, no matter what they think about guns. I don't know how the organizers of this drive are approaching it, but if they're doing it as a gun issue, they're making a huge mistake. Guns shouldn't even be mentioned unless the audience is known to be pro-gun.

The average person is an ignorant herd animal outside of their chosen profession. Many anti-gunners would probably happily sign this petition if it's sold correctly to them.

It isn't JUST a gun issue though, they do all kinds of bubblegum with the emergency clause. EVERYBODY should be for this measure, no matter what they think about guns. I don't know how the organizers of this drive are approaching it, but if they're doing it as a gun issue, they're making a huge mistake. Guns shouldn't even be mentioned unless the audience is known to be pro-gun.

The average person is an ignorant herd animal outside of their chosen profession. Many anti-gunners would probably happily sign this petition if it's sold correctly to them.
They're looking for volunteers to collect signatures.

Yes, you are 100% right. It is being used on anything and everything in the legislature.

Even the recent state minimum wage increase bill, which was so very controversial, and garnered ZERO bipartisan support, was past as being AN EMERGENCY!!

It has been perverted into being a totally partisan tool, so that a bill, even if it only passes by a single vote, can automatically become law without the option of the public voting to prevent it from becoming law.

Rolling over and saying that we're doomed, doesn't do us much good.

It is just an observation on my part that compared to the anti-gun folks, our side is terribly disorganized, and is lacking the necessary infrastructure, manpower, and funding to successfully get a measure on the ballot.

Tell me, where is the effort being made on this? I see nothing at all on the Oregon Republicans website about this ballot measure on the abuse of the emergency clause, despite the fact that it is often being used for partisan purposes. And I see nothing at all on the OFF website about it either. Heck, I have not even noticed this website posting any flashes or announcements on its pages urging people to support this ballot measure either.

You need to face the facts: The antis are well organized, and all of their groups and organizations are working TOGETHER in unison, coordinating their efforts. And they are well funded by folks like Bloomberg too.

In comparison to what our enemies are doing, this effort really looks downright pathetic to me.

Do you honestly not see this huge disparity?? It could not be more obvious, in my opinion.

Lance, you were all full of ***s and vinegar over another issue, yet seem to be resigned to defeat on issues where you can actually have an impact. What's up with that?

Since you fail to mention what it is that you are referring to, how can I possibly respond to you?

If you are referring to the Malheur Refuge Occupation, I ended up strongly condemning the Bundys and all who supported their insanity. What they did was very harmful.

I don't disagree that this can have a real impact, and is extremely important for everyone to support. But just having a thread about this subject here in in this forum is not going to get the job done. That is all that my observation is. Nothing more, nothing less.

88,184 valid signature is A LOT of signatures. That requires a very major effort. And a great deal more than that number would have to be submitted, in order to insure a sufficient number of valid signatures.

Heck, the Prozanski recall last year only needed 8,415 valid signatures. Although 10,027 signatures were submitted, 1,818 ( 18.13 percent ) were ruled by the Secretary of Sate to be invalid, thus causing the recall to fail by 206 signatures.

Not only is this requirement 11 times greater than what the Prozanski recall demanded, but if an extra pad of 20% is necessary in order to get it approved, that would mean that 105,820 signatures are going to be needed.

Do you know where the current signature count is at at this point? Is it anywhere remotely close to that number?

You can go to the OFF web site and see the alert on the initiative. It's not that hard. You can also pick up the phone and call Oregon watchdog and ask how many signatures remain. You can also volunteer to help with the initiative. You can also contact your representatives and get the ball rolling to make it a bill, but it's too late for this session. You can also register to vote so that you're prepared for the election this fall. But if you have a drivers license, you're already registered.

These things aren't hard but yes, much harder than sitting in front of a keyboard and doing the Eeyore thing. Point is, you have to do something beside itch about it to get any results.

You miss my point, though. OFF and Oregon Watchdog are both handling this ballot measure in a totally incompetent and inadequate manner.

One cannot even find anything about the ballot measure on the Oregon Watchdog website, even though they are its sponsor! How utterly ridiculous is that?

Even the nofakeemergencies.com website does not even have a copy of the petition for people to to be able to read. So people are being asked to sign to put this measure on the ballot with just a brief description, and without being able to read what the actual petition itself says.

Mark my word. Come this June, they will not even be able to submit this measure, as they won't even have the bare minimum number of signatures needed.

The short description of the measure explains that it actually amends the Oregon Constitution. So that means it will require 117,578 valid signatures in order to make it on the ballot. Again, to avoid rejection due to invalid signatures , that means that somewhere around 141,100 signatures will need to be collected. That is a really huge number.

This is our one and only opportunity to do something to stop the upcoming 2017 Gun Control Tsunami that everyone knows is coming.

We will see if I am right or not this June. I'm confident of my assessment of how bad the situation is. I predict disaster and failure.

You miss my point, though. OFF and Oregon Watchdog are both handling this ballot measure in a totally incompetent and inadequate manner.

One cannot even find anything about the ballot measure on the Oregon Watchdog website, even though they are its sponsor! How utterly ridiculous is that?

Even the nofakeemergencies.com website does not even have a copy of the petition for people to to be able to read. So people are being asked to sign to put this measure on the ballot with just a brief description, and without being able to read what the actual petition itself says.

Mark my word. Come this June, they will not even be able to submit this measure, as they won't even have the bare minimum number of signatures needed.

The short description of the measure explains that it actually amends the Oregon Constitution. So that means it will require 117,578 valid signatures in order to make it on the ballot. Again, to avoid rejection due to invalid signatures , that means that somewhere around 141,100 signatures will need to be collected. That is a really huge number.

This is our one and only opportunity to do something to stop the upcoming 2017 Gun Control Tsunami that everyone knows is coming.

We will see if I am right or not this June. I'm confident of my assessment of how bad the situation is. I predict disaster and failure.
Actually there is an option to print the petition. It's on the page that displays after clicking on "Sign the Petition". It's bullet #4 under item one...

image.png

Last Edited:
Nice! I have some neighbors I believe will sign this, even Democrats should sign this as it really is non-partisan. Case in point......The (Emergency) bill that's up to be passed into law that would remove statute of limitation on rape cases was going to fly right through and become law because BOTH sides of the aisle would support that. At the last minute Floyd Prozanski attached a rider that would make it a felony in some cases when a motorist hit a bicyclist. Obviously there are already laws on the books for someone hitting a bicyclist on purpose?! Now there are those representatives that are leery about passing this new rape law thanks to Prozanski. Floyd "Emergency Clause" Prozanski?

direct download
<broken link removed>

i used this form and got seven signed buy neighbors and friends!

One question I have @bolus. Near the top of the form you linked there are two boxes with one blacked out saying "Some gatherers are paid" with the other open saying "Unpaid gatherers", thoughts?

i used this form and got seven signed buy neighbors and friends!

One question I have @bolus. Near the top of the form you linked there are two boxes with one blacked out saying "Some gatherers are paid" with the other open saying "Unpaid gatherers", thoughts?
We checked that box for our recall just in case we paid anyone. Though we didnt. Since its illegal to pay people to gather signature and not inform the state its safer to check that option on the application. The state has strict rules for paid signature gathers like picture IDs and background checks.

I got seven, from neighbors, in the mail yesterday.

This should be a thread posted as a big announcement in red at the top of every forum here. Even Non-firearms people should want to sign this. The "Emergency Clause" can be used to get things affecting anyone pushed through without proper scrutiny, not just firearms enthusiasts!

Is this method how they passed the "trans-gender operations paid for by Oregon taxpayers" bill?:eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top