JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read and acknowledged. :) Thanks for the link, BTW. One of my friends wrote the data as 2016-05-23 (and mentioned how he was doing it in proper ISO format, unlike the other people who signed it), but the proper format is mm/dd/yyyy, so I'm thinking I probably need to have him correct that and initial it, or his signature might not count.

Thanks again.

Yes, they look at a handful of the turned in signatures, probably a few hundred, and extrapolate the rest. That's how the Prozanski recall lost. So the actual signatures dont really count, just how many fabricated errors they can find. The names have to be completely readable and exactly the same as the voter registration otherwise they get thrown out. The secretary of state is not unbiased when counting signatures. They are looking for errors when counting signatures and that is all.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of anyone at that web site? I think they might have a very bad typo. It says the petitions are due June 29th, but the petition web site ( <broken link removed> ) says June 22nd. That's a week earlier, so anyone who holds their signature sheets to long, trying to get more signatures won't be counted.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of anyone at that web site? I think they might have a very bad typo. It says the petitions are due June 29th, but the petition web site ( <broken link removed> ) says June 22nd. That's a week earlier, so anyone who holds their signature sheets to long, trying to get more signatures won't be counted.
I believe the June 29th date is the date they have to be submitted to the Secretary of State. The 22nd is a week before to allow them to vette, count and package for delivery

Bumpitty , bump, bump, up to the top we go

just a few days to go. Per their website they need the petitions in their hands by June 29 to turn in by July 8th, but why wait until the last day?

<broken link removed>

Bumpitty , bump, bump, up to the top we go

just a few days to go. Per their website they need the petitions in their hands by June 29 to turn in by July 8th, but why wait until the last day?

<broken link removed>

Between a friend and I, we've got over 30 signatures, hoping for at least 40 by Monday. That may not be a ton, but not bad for my first real effort at circulating a petition. :)

Between a friend and I, we've got over 30 signatures, hoping for at least 40 by Monday. That may not be a ton, but not bad for my first real effort at circulating a petition. :)

That's a great effort, every signature counts! After all your hard work don't miss the deadline! Remember they must be In their possession by Wed. the 29th. You may need to hand deliver it to them to make it?. Thank you for helping to get this important item on the Nov. ballot. Salem's despicable and illegal use of the emergency clause must end, the people of Oregon deserve a vote on important issue's and to NOT have bad legislation crammed down their throat.

Mail the priority mail yesterday, and should be there today. Will check tracking info later today. :) I managed to get 40 by the time I sent them off, with the 40th person being a guy at the post office (felt good to get that last minute signature to make an even 40). :)

Didn't make it:
07/15/2016 Signature verification halted. IP 2016-049 does not contain a sufficient number of signatures to continue and will not appear on the November 8, 2016, General Election ballot. Of the 26,000 signatures reported by chief petitioners for the supplemental submission, 23,972 were accepted for verification.

Please Contact Us (http://egov.sos.state.or.us/elec/web_irr_search.record_detail?p_reference=20160049..LSCYYY).
Can we get an independent recount??? The current secretary of state isn't exactly the most honest individual, now is she...

Can we get an independent recount??? The current secretary of state isn't exactly the most honest individual, now is she...

I don't know what the rules are to be honest, but even if successful it "wouldn't be in time to get it in the voter's pamphlet". We need to restart this at the soonest possible opportunity.

In other words, another 'oh so close. Maybe next time' count. :mad:

Is anyone keeping track of how many initiatives have been this close? It seems to be a disturbing pattern. Almost within the margin of error....

Anyone can ask for a sponsor for a bill. Everyone knows the status of their Senators so write those that aren't up for election this cycle. Then, as soon as the elections are over, write the House members that are elected. Get enough support and it may even make it through committee. Work on both houses and both sides of the aisles. There is no need for this to be partisan.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top