JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe this has been posted before, but it's important enough to bring it up again and renew any momentum that may have been lost.

It behooves all gun owners in the State of Oregon to sign this petition by downloading it at the link below and mailing it in. Getting this initiative on November's ballot may be our last line of defense against the crap coming our way in 2017.

<broken link removed>

bringing this back to the top again. I got an email alert about this from OFF today.

<broken link removed>

I believe the deadline is close. Hope they get enough to put this on the ballot.

Been there done that.....I printed out ten and took them to folks to sign and then mailed them in for them.

AND, why on earth hasn't OFF mentioned WHEN these signatures need to be in by???

Been there done that.....I printed out ten and took them to folks to sign and then mailed them in for them.

AND, why on earth hasn't OFF mentioned WHEN these signatures need to be in by???

If you go to the link they posted and click on the tab that says "DEADLINE" it clearly states that they must be received by June 22.

i used this form and got seven signed buy neighbors and friends!

One question I have @bolus. Near the top of the form you linked there are two boxes with one blacked out saying "Some gatherers are paid" with the other open saying "Unpaid gatherers", thoughts?

If you read the print above those boxes it seems that they are just examples of what was said. White paper-not paid any other-paid I don't think any checks are needed.

this better get passed.
reported today ....
calif is going to vote for ammo background checks (more backdoor registration) which will end up here in Oregon for CERTAIN because its become far worse here WE DONT EVEN GET A VOTE OR OPINION....
We are considered too ignorant to understand the conversation according to the democrats currently running the state and writing all these laws as "emergencies" wink wink, the repubs are ignored or over ruled and its why we dont even get to vote on such topics....democrats here use the excuse we are dummies and taking advantage of out numbering the states governing body
everyone needs to sign this regardless of your position on gun control, they are just "closed door doing what they want" without our opinion or vote

this better get passed.
reported today ....
calif is going to vote for ammo background checks (more backdoor registration) which will end up here in Oregon for CERTAIN because its become far worse here WE DONT EVEN GET A VOTE OR OPINION....
We are considered too ignorant to understand the conversation according to the democrats currently running the state and writing all these laws as "emergencies" wink wink, the repubs are ignored or over ruled and its why we dont even get to vote on such topics....democrats here use the excuse we are dummies and taking advantage of out numbering the states governing body
everyone needs to sign this regardless of your position on gun control, they are just "closed door doing what they want" without our opinion or vote

it is insane how anti-gun California has become. I don't know where it will end in that state. Probably with laws as severe as those in England.

If you can trust the latest Field Research Poll data, Californians by a huge majority support this. In fact, the poll revealed that a majority of people in the state support a wide variety of additional gun bans and new laws. The people of California now allegedly want a ban on the ownership and possession of high capacity magazines, and they now want a ban on all semi-auto guns that have detachable mags.

Take a look:

http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2016/01/12...-draw-overwhelming-support-in-california-poll

This will all eventually come to Oregon. I think that gun owners in this state need to admit that we are outnumbered and beaten.

If you don't want Oregon to be just as bad as California this needs to pass!. I went to their website and requested 10 of the 5 signature sheets.
They arrived yesterday along with two envelopes to return them in, I took them to work with me today to see how many I could get signed. A coworker took 5 of the sheets and I kept 5 for my self. He works up in the offices and I work in the production area so we have both areas covered. I was able to collect 12 signatures without even trying and he likewise has about the same. People are more than happy to sign in an effort to put a stop to the misuse of the emergency clause. I will be returning the completed sheets next week and will most likely be requesting more. The deadline for signatures is June 22nd so time is running out, everyone reading this should at the very least print and sign a petition for them self or better yet request at least one of the 5 or 10 signature sheets and get it signed. It takes very little effort and a few cents for the cost of a stamp to return it. Please, help the effort to get this on the November ballot!.

Last Edited:
The deadline for signatures is June 22nd so time is running out

Are you sure of that? I heard that the deadline was June 1st.

That big tax initiative that would tax Oregon's largest 1,000 corporations $2.5 Billion a year just submitted their final signatures last week, qualifying it to be on the November ballot. They turned in 130,000 signatures.

Some are predicting a disastrous economic impact on Oregon if it passes.

They only have to get 88,000 valid signatures to qualify, while the No Fake Emergencies Initiative has to get 117,000 valid signatures. That is a lot.

This is from their website that is linked in post #41 their words not mine.

Deadline

Deadline: June 22nd.

We need to have all petitions in our hands by Wednesday June 22nd, 2016. This gives us enough time to process petitions (spot errors, remove duplicates, etc.) before our final turn-in to the State Elections Office on July 8, 2016.

Couple things as I read this...

Anyone who printed one and signed it. Why not request the official 10 signature sheets ask a few others to sign? I asked for 10 sheets. Not sure I'll fill them all, but its good to have goals, and this is an important one.

All of my pro-2A friends sign immediately, and I DO mention SB941, plus the other things on the explanation sheet (Bridge they never built, coveroregon web site that didnt work, gas tax... all emergencies). For unknown people (or less than positive on 2A), no need to mention SB941. Dont need to cloud the issue that this is about government abuse, not gun control.

Print your single signature petition, or better yet request them to snail mail you official multi-signature petitions here:
<broken link removed>
(I think they do it this way to make sure you have multi-signature petitions printed on the correct color/weight paper: white for people who aren't paid to collect signatures, some other color [not sure| for paid gatherers. See FAQ here: <broken link removed>)

The deadline is (June 22nd) is listed here:
<broken link removed>

Regarding "our" disorganization/effort... I think "we" have to put in a lot more effort, in general, because we are typically more geographically dispersed. Think about it... You can go to downtown Portland and find thousands of anti-gun people just walking down the street, if for no other reason than the fact that its trendy to be anti-gun and it's what they've been taught, so it takes very little thought to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon. What an easy place to encourage trendy group-think and gather signature on things that they think won't affect them and might make them "safer," and who needs the 2A when everything is just dandy, as long as there's a Starbucks within walking distance. Now, name a place where I can easily go walk around anytime I want and find people who actually care about the state of our nation/state, protecting freedom, the rights of the people, and other important issues? Most people like that wouldn't choose to live downtown, and those who do are a minority, massively out numbered, and would get all kinds of hate for expressing their views honestly in that environment. So, it is a LOT more effort to connect with the people who care on our side of the fence; We're not all hanging out together, crammed into an urban area. That's an advantage to the other side. At work, I have to work with people in other states, other countries, other timezones, and it is so much faster and easier to organize and work together when you're located in the same area. Imagine, for a moment that there was a city somewhere that had gun sales as its main form of commerce; Everyday was like a busy gun show and the vast majority loved it that way. Many people open-carried and hardly anyone cared, except a very small minority, that was scared of guns (and probably too scared to say anything). Think how easy it would be to connect with other like-minded people and gather signatures for pro-gun and freedom protecting legislation! Yeah, that's how easy THEY have it on the other side of the fence. We HAVE to work harder for the same results, so again, why not set a goal and request official multi-signature petitions!?! Even if you get only two other people to sign, you just upped your impact by 200%.

If Oregon truly has an EMERGENCY, then I'm sure 67% or more of our legislature will vote for bills to deal with that emergency, regardless of party makeup. If you can't get 2/3 of people to agree something is an emergency, then is it REALLY? If you were standing in a burning building, and we had rules stating that 2/3 of the people present had to agree that there was a fire before pulling the fire alarm and evacuating, I'm pretty sure the alarm would be pulled in pretty short order.

Finally, in case any anti-2A person reads this, consider... Given that the pendulum of politics may be slow, but sometimes swings the other way when enough people get fed up, would you like a super majority republican controlled senate/house/governorship to be able to declare "emergencies" on whatever legislation they come up with (e.g. background checks for known fellons only, and only for full-auto machine guns with silencers and 100 rounds clips per second and folding assault grips, IF and only if they come in a scary black color. ;-) ), and get that passed with a simple 51% vote by the majority? See? Its not a partisan issue; It's about integrity and accountability of those in power, such that they listen to the people, not just govern over them, assuming they're too stupid to make tough decisions for the good of all, not just the powerful and well funded. If you know all this and want to keep it this way while "your people" are in charges, then I hope that kind of thinking comes back to bite you some day.

All that said, lets work this! We may not have the benefits of a centralized population to reach people, but we DO have this great community, an in all liklihood, this IS one of our best places to organize and drive change. Northwst Firearms is our population center for a geographically dispersed population.

Good luck everyone, the signature deadline is fast approaching, and so are the 2017 legislative sessions. Sign early, but don't sign often (illegal and will get your signature thrown out, hehe), and get others to sign too. :)

Couple things as I read this...

Anyone who printed one and signed it. Why not request the official 10 signature sheets ask a few others to sign? I asked for 10 sheets. Not sure I'll fill them all, but its good to have goals, and this is an important one.

All of my pro-2A friends sign immediately, and I DO mention SB941, plus the other things on the explanation sheet (Bridge they never built, coveroregon web site that didnt work, gas tax... all emergencies). For unknown people (or less than positive on 2A), no need to mention SB941. Dont need to cloud the issue that this is about government abuse, not gun control.

Print your single signature petition, or better yet request them to snail mail you official multi-signature petitions here:
<broken link removed>
(I think they do it this way to make sure you have multi-signature petitions printed on the correct color/weight paper: white for people who aren't paid to collect signatures, some other color [not sure| for paid gatherers. See FAQ here: <broken link removed>)

The deadline is (June 22nd) is listed here:
<broken link removed>

Regarding "our" disorganization/effort... I think "we" have to put in a lot more effort, in general, because we are typically more geographically dispersed. Think about it... You can go to downtown Portland and find thousands of anti-gun people just walking down the street, if for no other reason than the fact that its trendy to be anti-gun and it's what they've been taught, so it takes very little thought to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon. What an easy place to encourage trendy group-think and gather signature on things that they think won't affect them and might make them "safer," and who needs the 2A when everything is just dandy, as long as there's a Starbucks within walking distance. Now, name a place where I can easily go walk around anytime I want and find people who actually care about the state of our nation/state, protecting freedom, the rights of the people, and other important issues? Most people like that wouldn't choose to live downtown, and those who do are a minority, massively out numbered, and would get all kinds of hate for expressing their views honestly in that environment. So, it is a LOT more effort to connect with the people who care on our side of the fence; We're not all hanging out together, crammed into an urban area. That's an advantage to the other side. At work, I have to work with people in other states, other countries, other timezones, and it is so much faster and easier to organize and work together when you're located in the same area. Imagine, for a moment that there was a city somewhere that had gun sales as its main form of commerce; Everyday was like a busy gun show and the vast majority loved it that way. Many people open-carried and hardly anyone cared, except a very small minority, that was scared of guns (and probably too scared to say anything). Think how easy it would be to connect with other like-minded people and gather signatures for pro-gun and freedom protecting legislation! Yeah, that's how easy THEY have it on the other side of the fence. We HAVE to work harder for the same results, so again, why not set a goal and request official multi-signature petitions!?! Even if you get only two other people to sign, you just upped your impact by 200%.

If Oregon truly has an EMERGENCY, then I'm sure 67% or more of our legislature will vote for bills to deal with that emergency, regardless of party makeup. If you can't get 2/3 of people to agree something is an emergency, then is it REALLY? If you were standing in a burning building, and we had rules stating that 2/3 of the people present had to agree that there was a fire before pulling the fire alarm and evacuating, I'm pretty sure the alarm would be pulled in pretty short order.

Finally, in case any anti-2A person reads this, consider... Given that the pendulum of politics may be slow, but sometimes swings the other way when enough people get fed up, would you like a super majority republican controlled senate/house/governorship to be able to declare "emergencies" on whatever legislation they come up with (e.g. background checks for known fellons only, and only for full-auto machine guns with silencers and 100 rounds clips per second and folding assault grips, IF and only if they come in a scary black color. ;-) ), and get that passed with a simple 51% vote by the majority? See? Its not a partisan issue; It's about integrity and accountability of those in power, such that they listen to the people, not just govern over them, assuming they're too stupid to make tough decisions for the good of all, not just the powerful and well funded. If you know all this and want to keep it this way while "your people" are in charges, then I hope that kind of thinking comes back to bite you some day.

All that said, lets work this! We may not have the benefits of a centralized population to reach people, but we DO have this great community, an in all liklihood, this IS one of our best places to organize and drive change. Northwst Firearms is our population center for a geographically dispersed population.

Good luck everyone, the signature deadline is fast approaching, and so are the 2017 legislative sessions. Sign early, but don't sign often (illegal and will get your signature thrown out, hehe), and get others to sign too. :)

You have to be careful with the 10 line signature forms. It would be better to print 10 single signature forms than do the 10 line forms unless you are an official volunteer or paid volunteer (with appropriate identification and background check)for the petition.

There are very strict rules on the 10 line forms. The color and even the weight of the paper has to be approved by the elections office.

Also, if there is any chance that someone might be getting paid while collecting signatures (like collecting a few signatures while at work) and they are not a registered paid signature gatherer then that risks fines or jail time.

That's what Bloomberg's goons did during the recall. They sent in spies to try and catch signature gatherers on a technicality. They people working against such efforts have big pockets.

This process is like going to Vegas expecting to win big. They odds are for the house in this game of "democracy"

I think that gun owners in this state need to admit that we are outnumbered and beaten.

No chance. I read your silly a$$ statement and expected to see you having a recent join date and minimum number of posts. To see that you have over a thousand likes and are obviously not a troll disappointed me greatly.
This is still our country. Are you truly that defeated? Have they beaten you down this far? Or did you just forget the purple font for sarcasm? It is our rights they are taking and WE DO NOT STOP FIGHTING THAT TYRANNY. Not even on the inside.

No chance. I read your silly a$$ statement and expected to see you having a recent join date and minimum number of posts. To see that you have over a thousand likes and are obviously not a troll disappointed me greatly.
This is still our country. Are you truly that defeated? Have they beaten you down this far? Or did you just forget the purple font for sarcasm? It is our rights they are taking and WE DO NOT STOP FIGHTING THAT TYRANNY. Not even on the inside.

It certainly be discouraging to try and do things the "correct" way but then only to have your efforts squashed by dirty politicians.

But then I remember this scene from 300.

They send the forms printed on the proper paper color and weight. You have them signed, witness them and send them back. It's not rocket science, any effort is better than giving up! Get the friggin forms, have them signed and send them back! Time's a wastin. Let's at least try and stop this B.S. emergency loophole our elected officials are using against us!.

Last Edited:
You have to be careful with the 10 line signature forms. It would be better to print 10 single signature forms than do the 10 line forms unless you are an official volunteer or paid volunteer (with appropriate identification and background check)for the petition.

There are very strict rules on the 10 line forms. The color and even the weight of the paper has to be approved by the elections office.

Also, if there is any chance that someone might be getting paid while collecting signatures (like collecting a few signatures while at work) and they are not a registered paid signature gatherer then that risks fines or jail time.

Well, I requested that they send me the forms and they sent me forms on white heavy paper, so I'd hope they have their stuff together enough to sent valid forms. I'm not getting paid or gathering signatures at work, just asking family and friends, and possibly random people if I spot opportunities, so hopefully I'll be good to go, and try not to be discouraged. :-D

Well, I requested that they send me the forms and they sent me forms on white heavy paper, so I'd hope they have their stuff together enough to sent valid forms. I'm not getting paid or gathering signatures at work, just asking family and friends, and possibly random people if I spot opportunities, so hopefully I'll be good to go, and try not to be discouraged. :-D

one of the Van Hoyle recall volunteers went to the bathroom while collecting signatures at a shop. They spy that was there watching him tried to get them all invalidated because he is supposed to be in the presence of the signature forms at all times

when we were at the capital for a rally some guy came up to us while we were collecting signatures, tried looking through all the forms and then tried to take one of the 10 signature forms.

At another meeting of volunteers several of our volunteers who were more experienced in politics thought one of the volunteers was acting very strange and would not let her leave with forms either.

If you are going to collect on the 10 signature forms, make sure you read the rules for signature gatherers.

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/circulatortraining.aspx

For example, someone opposed to the effort might try to get you to say something that is not true and record it. If a signature gatherer gets caught lying its a felony. If you are collecting signatures from friends and family you'll be fine. If you are going to collect from the public, dont trust anyone.

If you are going to collect on the 10 signature forms, make sure you read the rules for signature gatherers.

http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Pages/circulatortraining.aspx

Read and acknowledged. :) Thanks for the link, BTW. One of my friends wrote the data as 2016-05-23 (and mentioned how he was doing it in proper ISO format, unlike the other people who signed it), but the proper format is mm/dd/yyyy, so I'm thinking I probably need to have him correct that and initial it, or his signature might not count.

Thanks again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads