JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I believe this has been posted before, but it's important enough to bring it up again and renew any momentum that may have been lost.

It behooves all gun owners in the State of Oregon to sign this petition by downloading it at the link below and mailing it in. Getting this initiative on November's ballot may be our last line of defense against the crap coming our way in 2017.

<broken link removed>

Last Tuesday Wifey and I did a "Crazy" day....Dropped the car off at Tonkin for service and went downtown on MAX so she could get her record from the courthouse to TRY and get her delay cleared up. No go on that! We did get to sign that petition while we were waiting for the bus though. A guy just came walking up to us while we were standing there.

You want to see crazy/weird? Spend five hours on Trimet/walking down town!

Last Edited:
Last Tuesday Wifey and I did a "Crazy" day....Dropped the car off at Tonkin for service and went downtown on MAX so she could get her record from the courthouse to TRY and get her delay cleared up. No go on that! We did get to sign that petition while we were waiting for the bus though. A guy just came walking up to use while we were standing there.

You want to see crazy/weird? Spend five hours on Trimet/walking down town!

Dude, I've met you. You're crazy before your feet hit the floor in the morning. ;)

I'ts actually a hoot once in a while! I dunno, makes you appreciate living in a less crazy part of PDX maybe? There's some mighty pretty ladies walking around downtown too. Still, at the end of the day it's like you've been to a different...Planet.

Thanks for your activism everyone!

The fake emergencies really are a nonpartisan issue that ALL Oregonians should support regardless of their political affiliation. Passing this initiative simply returns a portion of government back to the people, regardless of who those people are. I just happen to foresee gun owners as the group that needs this the most right now.

Print them out, get them signed and mail them in, we need to get this on the ballot in November.

It's amazing, 9 out if 10 bill in Oregon are introduced and passed with so called "emergency clauses"...

It's an abuse of power, that we need to take back. Period...

Does anyone know when the deadline is? A number of people are asking.

Does anyone know if the petition drive is going well? Anyone have any info at all about its status??

This is the most vital issue in existence for Oregon gun owners. It is our one and only chance at stopping major new gun control legislation next year from being implemented by the legislature without a vote by the people.

Yet, I see nothing in the news about it.

Our state overlords are probably sweating bullets (for "assault weapons") over this initiative. They know there's no logical or emotional argument they can make against it so the only thing going for them is voter apathy. I can't express how much I hope this becomes law and takes a bite out of their power.

I encourage everyone who can take some time and listen to the Oregon Legislature live streams to do so, you'll be dumbfounded as to the emergency clauses used for just about everything under the sun...

Why?, you ask... That's simple, they don't think your smart enough to understand the legislative blabber that is coming out of Salem... So, just slap an emergency clause on it and the people get no say. Legislators know better...

Think of it as taxation without representation...

I've printed out a bunch of petitions and am having friends and coworkers sign them. I'm covering postage, just to make sure we have a say...

Couldn't agree more. I simply couldn't believe that kind of attitude toward the citizens when I heard the Dems talking about this on the floor. Wouldn't have believed reports of this if I hadn't heard it myself when they were arguing the minimum wage bill last week.

The legislators' attitude should be used to get signatures, have a looping video of it or something. Any normal person would be insulted by it and could be easily persuaded to sign out of spite if nothing else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top