JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine cashed in May…could it be, I'm only 3 months away??

It's getting too close to an out of state move date for comfort for me…really hope it gets in before then, else I hear you have to cancel and start the whole process again.
Touch base with your dealer now. As well as a dealer in the new state. After that, cal the ATF. Get all the forms you need now and such in the case it's not approved in OR.

From ATF NFA handbook: https://www.atf.gov/file/58231/download

9.12.1 NFA Transfers to other than individuals. Subsequent to the approval of an application requesting to transfer an NFA firearm to, or on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation, the authorized person picking up the firearm on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation from the FFL must complete the Form 4473 with his/her personal information and undergo a NICS check. See also, question P60 in the ATF FAQs.

Not sure on the laws in Oregon concerning individuals but all of my cans have been processed under trusts. Would be happy to learn this isn't the case as stated in Oregon statutes and other federal guidance overruling the ATF NFA handbook guidance that says a 4473 isn't required.

From ATF NFA handbook: https://www.atf.gov/file/58231/download

9.12.1 NFA Transfers to other than individuals. Subsequent to the approval of an application requesting to transfer an NFA firearm to, or on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation, the authorized person picking up the firearm on behalf of, a partnership, company, association, trust, estate, or corporation from the FFL must complete the Form 4473 with his/her personal information and undergo a NICS check. See also, question P60 in the ATF FAQs.

Not sure on the laws in Oregon concerning individuals but all of my cans have been processed under trusts. Would be happy to learn this isn't the case as stated in Oregon statutes and other federal guidance overruling the ATF NFA handbook guidance that says a 4473 isn't required.

Interesting. Hadn't thought about it in reference to a trust. I know when done as an individual, you fill out the 4473 but they don't have to actually do the NICS check.
Interesting. Another reason not to do it via a trust!

7FB39430-8D79-4A36-9E1E-C4E39C8B036E.jpeg E4293EEE-3D9B-43EF-87DD-A6924B154AC8.jpeg

Depends if estate planning is important to you.
If you are the end of the line, yes. If you have kids/grandkids, trust is the way to go.
Unfortunately a trust is not the cure all when it comes to transfer of ownership of NFA items. Your survivors are not Scott free to just take over ownership by being on the trust. You might want to look into this, it's just about as complicated if not more complicated than owning an NFA item outright as an individual.

Unfortunately a trust is not the cure all when it comes to transfer of ownership of NFA items. Your survivors are not Scott free to just take over ownership by being on the trust. You might want to look into this, it's just about as complicated if not more complicated than owning an NFA item outright as an individual.
The purpose of a properly-arranged trust is to avoid a transfer of ownership altogether. The surviving trustees continue to possess the items that the trust owns even if one trustee dies. That's the benefit of various types of beneficiaries and successor trustees.

The purpose of a properly-arranged trust is to avoid a transfer of ownership altogether. The surviving trustees continue to possess the items that the trust owns even if one trustee dies. That's the benefit of various types of beneficiaries and successor trustees.
Properly arranged trust. Yes. Key words there.

Simply buying suppressors to a trust you set up in 5 minutes online is a different thing. Especially if someone thinks that's the cure all to successorship.

It's not. More is involved. Usually lawyers and paperwork.

In other words, very similar successorship takes place inside or outside of a trust.

Some things might be easier, but not truly easier as everyone makes it sound like in the internet.

Depends on how much work the person who is dying does before they die.

Otherwise the rest is up to those still alive.

Properly arranged trust. Yes. Key words there.

Simply buying suppressors to a trust you set up in 5 minutes online is a different thing. Especially if someone thinks that's the cure all to successorship.

It's not. More is involved. Usually lawyers and paperwork.

In other words, very similar successorship takes place inside or outside of a trust.

Some things might be easier, but not truly easier as everyone makes it sound like in the internet.

Depends on how much work the person who is dying does before they die.

Otherwise the rest is up to those still alive.
Truth

Purchased Sandman S FDE on 12/22/21. E-File Form 4 single shot, Silencer Shop.

Was able to submit remotely with dealer today to the ATF 1/21/22.

Dealer said he has a backlog of them (forms). The ATF page is still finicky, but mine went through smoothly so far.

Found it interesting how dealer and I logged onto Silencer Shop web site at the same time to submit.

Last Edited:
Salvo 12
Dead Air Mask

Individual

Ordered 1/20/2021
In hand 2/10/2022

Phew! That's it for a bit!

The 2 stamp shotty has a level of ridiculousness to it. Looking forward to shooting it.

61240398-18A4-4026-B7C8-23454D3DA41D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Purchased Sandman S FDE on 12/22/21. E-File Form 4 single shot, Silencer Shop.

Was able to submit remotely with dealer today to the ATF 1/21/22.

Dealer said he has a backlog of them (forms). The ATF page is still finicky, but mine went through smoothly so far.

Found it interesting how dealer and I logged onto Silencer Shop web site at the same time to submit.
Does the aft website show your submission? I submitted 2/1 and it shows on silencer shop as efiled, but the aft website doesn't show anything.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews