JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm waiting on 2 form4's right now. Check was cashed on both 2/1/21. I was hoping for 6-7 months but that didn't work for me lol
Lol! I take the average that everyone says exists and add 4-6 months. After that time I start to get anxious. I'm at 8 months for two and 6 months for another 2. When others with similar check cashed dates start getting approvals, I chock it up as they are the exception not the rule.

Lol! I take the average that everyone says exists and add 4-6 months. After that time I start to get anxious. I'm at 8 months for two and 6 months for another 2. When others with similar check cashed dates start getting approvals, I chock it up as they are the exception not the rule.
You think if a call up the ATF every other day to ask about mine…that'll help or hurt me?

You think if a call up the ATF every other day to ask about mine…that'll help or hurt me?
It will do absolutely nothing, except give you more reasons to hate the process.

I called a lot on the first couple. Now, I just sit back and wait. Nothing you can do but wait patiently.

No, it will not speed it up, nor slow it down. Unless you suspect there is an error and/or a dealer is being a moron, I don't see any value in calling. Calling, however, can confirm if a dealer is being incompetent and blowing smoke. (I've had two F4s, a silencer and a machine-gun, significantly delayed by dealers who, evidently, had their head crammed as far up their posterior as possible. Getting details and dates from BATFE helped in wrangling their idiocy.)

Once I was past the "average" wait time I asked to speak to the actual examiner assigned to my form 4. They patched me through and I left her a message. Didn't expect anything to happen but a week later I called again and both forms had been approved within a couple days of leaving that message.

No, it will not speed it up, nor slow it down. Unless you suspect there is an error and/or a dealer is being a moron, I don't see any value in calling. Calling, however, can confirm if a dealer is being incompetent and blowing smoke. (I've had two F4s, a silencer and a machine-gun, significantly delayed by dealers who, evidently, had their head crammed as far up their posterior as possible. Getting details and dates from BATFE helped in wrangling their idiocy.)
I'm quoting this because it's important and something we as a community shouldn't overlook. Dealer apathy or incompetence to ensure everything is done right through the chain. I had a Form 4 delayed/failed multiple times by a neglectful dealer and I had to spend a lot more time than the cost of the device because I was trying to support a business.

Two+ years later I got the item. But it ruined that dealership rep with me forever, and led to personal referrals being cancelled. Remember the only thing you owe dealers is support when they get it right. If they neglect providing service through the sale, they don't deserve bupkiss.

I personally dont call unless I'm about 2 months over average, and I have only done it once. I buy and try not to think about it to much, just occasionally check the "average". Right now i'd saying 8 months on a form 4 can is average. Dealer just told me seeing 4 to 13 months with most coming in at 8. And I just got mine at 8.

ATF's site is indicating 8 months now for Form 4s. They've actually started updating their own site, and current. Gotta say, I appreciate them recognizing they're way behind.

Rule of thumb! Take whatever estimates they give, immediately place them in the nearest garbage receptacle, grab neuralizer erase all memory of silencer purchases.
1636125340078.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads