JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay
I bought suppressor #1 in late November 11-29
I bought suppressor #2 nine days later at the same shop 12-8
I called BATFE today to check status.

Suppressor #1 Started process 4-11.
Suppressor #2 Started process 12-28.

What the heck happened?
Sheesh. Yeah I just got off the phone with ATF. They said average time right now is 9 months which is down from when I filed it last year. That assumes no shuffling of paperwork or sending it back and forth between them and the FBI. I talked to one guy yesterday who waited 2 YEARS and then got a letter back saying inconclusive because the FBI is literally just sitting on his background check. There's something they want to see but cannot see so it's been holding him up.

Okay
I bought suppressor #1 in late November 11-29
I bought suppressor #2 nine days later at the same shop 12-8
I called BATFE today to check status.

Suppressor #1 Started process 4-11.
Suppressor #2 Started process 12-28.

What the heck happened?
#2 was at the top of the pile after the shutdown

Well, I got to touch suppressor #3 today. It arrived at Brimstone and now I have to wait another 7-10 months. So close, so close and yet so far...
A Nomad 30

Last Edited:
Well, I got to touch suppressor #3 today. It arrived at Brimstone and now I have to wait another 7-10 months. So close, so close and yet so far...
A Nomad 30
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the guys at Safefire have told me that one of the perks of purchasing there is you can shoot with your suppressor at their range while you're waiting? Might be hearsay

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the guys at Safefire have told me that one of the perks of purchasing there is you can shoot with your suppressor at their range while you're waiting? Might be hearsay

The folks at Brimstone are holding the suppressor. They are a separate entity from SafeFire. A Brimstone employee must be with me if I want to shoot it. That may take some serious scheduling as their primary job is gun smithing . But It might be worth paying for some of their time to do this.

Form 4 Trust
Priority mail 07/25/2018
Check cashed 08/01/18
Approved 07/18/2019
In hand 07/25/2019
04F4CE5E-EC30-4BFC-8426-F188868917A7.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR