JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ready for a good laugh? Only if you like being lied to.
BATFE Is Reportedly Working On Reducing NFA Item Wait Times
According to a brief article on American Rifleman, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is planning to spend about $13 million and add 25 new positions during Fiscal Year 2019, for "…additional equipment, software updates, contract support and NFA system modernizations." Reportedly, this will result in a processing time within 90 days for NFA applications, much more agreeable than the current average wait time of 160+ days, depending on the filing method. For those who aren't familiar with the Fiscal Year, it starts on October 1st and runs through September 30th of the following year, so the earliest any of this could start taking place would likely be late 2018.

Ready for a good laugh? Only if you like being lied to.
BATFE Is Reportedly Working On Reducing NFA Item Wait Times
According to a brief article on American Rifleman, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is planning to spend about $13 million and add 25 new positions during Fiscal Year 2019, for "…additional equipment, software updates, contract support and NFA system modernizations." Reportedly, this will result in a processing time within 90 days for NFA applications, much more agreeable than the current average wait time of 160+ days, depending on the filing method. For those who aren't familiar with the Fiscal Year, it starts on October 1st and runs through September 30th of the following year, so the earliest any of this could start taking place would likely be late 2018.
Sounds like bullbubblegum to me
Take suppressors/sound mufflers off the list and save $25mil

What does the form look like that you get back? I have been told that you do not get the tax stamp like you do with the long form. Is that correct?

E
They send you the approved form1 as a PDF and you just print it out. I like the real stamp too since I paid for it , but I'll take the short wait over the adhesive stamp any day of the week.

Elation, then depression
A big brown envelope arrived today from the ATF
It's gotta be my first tax stamp. I can hardly wait to get home and open it. Oh boy! Which suppressor can I go get?
Get it open and it's blank fingerprint forms I'd requested some time ago.
Son of a b....:s0109:

Elation, then depression
It's gotta be my first tax stamp. I can hardly wait to get home and open it. Oh boy! Which suppressor can I go get?
Unless its a Form 1 you'll get a call from your LGS. When you see their name on your phone then you get excited! Approved forms with the stamp go to them and then they can release the suppressor to you. Make sure you have them in your contact list.

Elation, then depression

Form 4's come to your dealer in the mail. A plain white 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 envelope with a clear address window showing your dealers name and address on an orange colored cover sheet stapled to your completed form 4.

Pretty unceremoniously they show up.

Unless its a Form 1 you'll get a call from your LGS. When you see their name on your phone then you get excited! Approved forms with the stamp go to them and then they can release the suppressor to you. Make sure you have them in your contact list.

Form 4's come to your dealer in the mail. A plain white 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 envelope with a clear address window showing your dealers name and address on an orange colored cover sheet stapled to your completed form 4.

Pretty unceremoniously they show up.

Yeeaaah...
I know this now, but it was pretty exciting right up till I looked inside that envelope.
Oh well. back to waiting.
Phooey!

5383DB9E-A865-4981-85C0-582F3B092DBE.jpeg

About time. This is a BRP machine gun that is without a doubt the slickest auto weapon available today. It's a brand new gun because the receivers were registered prior to May 19 '86 and assembled with 2018 parts. Brian Poling makes 99 a year to avoid the 11% exercise tax on manufactures who produce more than 100 units a year. Mine is currently set up for 9 mm (Suomi drums and mags) but in several minutes the caliber can be changed to .45 (grease gun mag) to 7.62 Tokarov. I have a good friend who is the SOT and we have fired over 5000 rounds through this gun, while it was in jail, without one FTF, FTF,FTE. Flawless performance. This thing runs like a sewing machine. And the manufacturer recommends using crap Tula ammo. I'll post a photo tomorrow. Google it. brp.jpg

Last Edited:
Okay
I bought suppressor #1 in late November 11-29
I bought suppressor #2 nine days later at the same shop 12-8
I called BATFE today to check status.

Suppressor #1 Started process 4-11.
Suppressor #2 Started process 12-28.

What the heck happened?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show