JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm interested too. I think the 6.5CM is really the ideal long range cartridge, flatter shooting than .300WM without the blast. I have made .260 Rem from .308, which is very easy, but I don't know all the steps necessary to make 6.5CM from .308. Does anybody know?

This gun really hits all the marks. They got the twist right on .243 (now that is rare!) and the barrel lengths as well. The only thing they really need is one in 6XC, heh, since .243 tends to be a barrel burner. The AR system is inherently accurate with no need for bedding like the old guns needed - and the straight back recoil is important also, as you say.

Now if they would just do a left bolt version, then right handed shooters could keep their right hand on the grip and do all the magazine and bolt manipulation with the left hand...

Still, I like my FNAR, and it is semi-auto but still accurate...

I just got one in 308. I have not tried it out yet but Im very happy with the fit and finish. Got to love the tools built into the bolt. Spending my time learning ballistics calculations and how to read my reticle since I've never really shot passed 100 yards.

Dealer cost is just over $800! I got mine for $835, and then poof all the big guys bought them all up!

Can get another now! Dealer cost is still the same....

But the one I got is a tack driver in .308! Cant get it away from my dad :)
I work on, and build allot of guns, and Ruger has a winner with this one!

no way to get a good pic this time of year

MTuqmlW.jpg

I was able to pick up a used one locally through Facebook a couple months ago. This is how she sits right now. Just waiting on my suppressor. Form 3 was approved today. Waiting on form 4.

20151025_171511.jpg

20151025_171500.jpg

20151025_171527.jpg

Now all Ruger needs to do is make a long action in 30/06 and all the Mag loading's up to .338 LM!!! The .308 is simply awesome, cant wait to see what they have planed next!!! Funny they finally figured out that a full length rail on top was going to cause problems, One of the reasons I changed my for end in the first place!

Yeah, I never did get the point of a rail in this position, particularly in a rifle like this. What are you going to put out there, anyway? :rolleyes:

OK, maybe some folding backup sights, but you don't need a full rail for that. Just a short little section up front, and it ought to be removable.

I had a similar problem with my FNAR. The rail for that gun extends out along the barrel some. This forces you to use higher rings than you want just to provide scope clearance. I got out my trusty hacksaw and shortened the rail to a point that would actually be useful for scope rings, and got my scope mounted lower where I like it.

I've got an AR -15 with a similar pointless rail on the top of the handguard. I hope this fad expires soon.

I never really cared for "rails" all over the entire for end area of a weapon. I like the idea of having small sections that can be installed and removed, just not all over the whole thing! KeyMod isn't really any better, But at least it doesn't tear up your hands and gear!

I've had the Ruger PR in my sights since first release. Now that the enhanced moves in, even more. The price, given the type of rifle, is a hard one to bark at. Not too mention it would be a great long range Elk slayer, without having to worry about abusing. The look Ruger incorporated into the design is unique. I can see myself on top of a ridge with the rifle on it's bi-pod, on the ready, as I glass for animals. 243? Nah. Both the 308, and 6.8CM are ideal.

I see one of these in my not too distant future.

As the wife comes walking in, looks over my shoulder, "whatcha lookin at?" :rolleyes:

Nuttin Honey :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads