JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*Washington customers are currently being prioritized at the front of the line due to the pending AWB in our home state. We are working hard to get WA orders out prior to the AWB being signed.

*AS OF 4/19/23, WE WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT ORDERS FOR LOWER RECEIVERS SHIPPING TO WASHINGTON. WE EXPECT THE WA AWB SO BE SIGNED IN THE UPCOMING COUPLE DAYS AND THE ITEMS WILL NOT ARRIVE TO YOU IN TIME TO DO YOUR TRANSFER.

Im guessing they will be leaving WA shortly. Just like Magpul left Colorado after their mag ban was enacted.

Sad to see.

I wonder what will happen with companies like Radian and Noveske once these laws make their way into Oregon.

We all know it's coming.

Will they still shop parts?
Cut and paste from Aero's statement today :
"We will continue to sell other parts and components and expedite these orders out the door until the law is in effect. At that point, we will be forced to limit parts and components going to WA customers as well."

Cut and paste from 1240 (highlight is mine):
"(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which 2 an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be 3 converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession 4 or under the control of the same person; or"

Sad to see them go if they do decide to leave. My home built AR is 90% AP.

IMG_1088.jpeg

Im guessing they will be leaving WA shortly. Just like Magpul left Colorado after their mag ban was enacted.

Sad to see.

I wonder what will happen with companies like Radian and Noveske once these laws make their way into Oregon.

We all know it's coming.
I doubt it. They still make most their money on the aerospace side of things. As long as Boeing and other aero suppliers are here, so will they.

I doubt it. They still make most their money on the aerospace side of things. As long as Boeing and other aero suppliers are here, so will they.
I was under the impression they stopped making plane stuff years ago when they became profitable in the gun industry?

I was under the impression they stopped making plane stuff years ago when they became profitable in the gun industry?
I don't know, I don't follow them that closely. That would be colossally stupid if it were true though. Why give up a good income stream from a much less volatile industry? Unless they were cut off, that happens too.

Most these gun companies are side "passion projects" to a real, paying business in aerospace, medical, etc. I was surprised to find out how often this was true from very established brands.

The company I worked for in AZ made their money making parts for a few local medical companies. The holsters & weapon mounts were a more or less break even venture.

Maybe Aero bucked the trend? I have no idea.

I don't know, I don't follow them that closely. That would be colossally stupid if it were true though. Why give up a good income stream from a much less volatile industry? Unless they were cut off, that happens too.

Most these gun companies are side "passion projects" to a real, paying business in aerospace, medical, etc. I was surprised to find out how often this was true from very established brands.

The company I worked for in AZ made their money making parts for a few local medical companies. The holsters & weapon mounts were a more or less break even venture.

Maybe Aero bucked the trend? I have no idea.
I wouldn't say the airplane industry is any less volatile than the firearm industry. Just look at all the issues Boeing has had.

I haven't seen any legislation to ban airplane parts yet.
No, that's true. It's just big money fighting big money. Boeing had a large hold on the industry and would finance legislature to keep it that way. They got to do things other industries couldn't and so forth. Their history is riddled with interesting politics that I would say rival the firearms industries.

Sad to see.

We all know it's coming.
Berkshire Hathaway now owns a lot of aerospace mfg. in the PNW, they might be interested in Aero Precision. Especially the highly trained employees, which are hard to find.

I personally hope Aero Precision relocates and continues to mfg. firearms. They are a good company. We bid several jobs for them in the past and did not have the right tooling to make it pencil out, but I always found them to be professional and efficient.

I wouldn't say the airplane industry is any less volatile than the firearm industry. Just look at all the issues Boeing has had.
The aerospace industry is *more* volatile. With big ticket items, you are talking macroeconomics: interest rates, wars, fuel prices, international gov't oversight, etc. When aerospace is good, it's very good. When it's bad it's very bad. Operators simply park excess aircraft and cannibalize them for parts, as happened after 911 and more recently with Covid.

The 1980s were the golden age for aerospace manufacturing. Everyone was buying equipment by the bushel. That's all long since over.

Berkshire Hathaway now owns a lot of aerospace mfg. in the PNW, they might be interested in Aero Precision. Especially the highly trained employees, which are hard to find.

I personally Aero Precision relocates and continues to mfg. firearms. They are a good company. We bid several jobs for them in the past and did not have the right tooling to make it pencil out, but I always found them to be professional and efficient.

The aerospace industry is *more* volatile. With big ticket items, you are talking macroeconomics: interest rates, wars, fuel prices, international gov't oversight, etc. When aerospace is good, it's very good. When it's bad it's very bad. Operators simply park excess aircraft and cannibalize them for parts, as happened after 911 and more recently with Covid.
Thanks for the insight. I sort of figured as such. I read an article a while back about how the fall of Boeing might have lead to the fall of the Seattle area, it sort of changed my mind about the industry. I used to be amazed by the aerospace industry, only to learn it was mostly political.

Since we are taking a guess as to what the future holds I will take my guess...
Inslee with sign the bill which makes it go in to effect immediately, but I think a judge puts 1240 on hold in one - two weeks and we remain at the current status, like the latest gun law Measure 114 in Oregon is currently on hold.
Because of the Supreme Court ruling on Bruen, I expect the lower courts will have to start falling in line with that ruling. I do not think Aero will leave the state because of this new law, because I do not expect this law to be in effect very long.
They may eventually leave to a state that is more favorable to a business in the firearms industry, but not because they are shut down by this law

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR